Chapter 4: Four more missions and Riflemen training (Large) [Draft]
107 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maggie blinked in rapid succession, so did Ruder.

"Well then." Helena states, "Might as well send you mine."

.

[Mission Issued; Learn the Lee-Enfield No. 4]
Helena Nigel will teach you her standard infantry weapon of her nation.
Task: learn the Lee-Enfield and fire 10 rounds
Reward: Squad of Conscript Riflemen (0/3)

.

And with a flick of her wrist... nothing... "Young one, hand it over." Helena said to no one, "New Zealand, show yourself and hand it over."

She held her hand out to the side and snapped her fingers. This action revealing another short woman. She was wearing a tan uniform with a slouch hat with some tattoos across her forearms and her skin tone was well tanned... but her height was odd she was maybe a head shorter than Dizzy.

"Mother." She hissed, "That was rude. Here." She passed a Bolt-Action rifle to her mother with a pair of stripper clips... with a sigh she continued, "Mother..." This time her word was far softer, but it was also as if she was asking for something.

"Yes, dear?" She asked with a motherly voice as she knelt to her child's height.

"Big sis-Australia is being mean." Sounded akin to sisters being annoying to each other... Helena sighs and rubs her head.

"I'll deal with her later, I was about to teach our young commander the rifle you just gave me." At her word this girl, called New Zealand looked over at me, smiled and snapped her own fingers disappearing. This action got a sigh from Helena. "The sun may never set, but it means I can't sleep."

"I will issue my mission." Nao says after an awkward minute passed.

"Aye." Dizzy says.

"Da." Katyusha ends.

.

[Mission Issued; Learn the Arisaka]
Nao Takemori will teach you her standard infantry weapon of her nation.
Task: learn the Arisaka and fire 10 rounds
Reward: Squad of Cadets (0/3)

 

[Mission Issued; Learn the M1 Garand]
Dizzy Harlem will teach you her standard infantry weapon of her nation.
Task: learn the M1 Garand and fire 10 rounds
Reward: Squad of National Guard (0/3)

 

[Mission Issued; Learn the Mosin-Nagant]
Katyusha Anastasia  will teach you her standard infantry weapon of her nation.
Task: learn the Mosin-Nagant and fire 10 rounds
Reward: Squad of Assault Pioneers (1/3)

.

Just like Helena, with just a flick of a wrist all the needed weapons and ammo appeared. But so did the strain on my own mind... a dull buzzing with a mild throbbing of my head. But unlike Helena no one appear said weapons just appeared within their ability to grasped them.  

"So this is what he meant by headache." I grimace while saying such.

The maid takes a step forward, "If I may, if your going to train your weapons might I suggest that you allow me to get a [Space Mage] to retrieve some prisoners that are due to die soon for you? So that you may level and such." I could tell that she was finding it a hard time understanding what just happened between Helena and one of her children...

A dead silence follows, and the emotions of two people are very high, "Pardon?" Asked Helena as her mind just returned to the now, but she did seemed irritated. 

"Is there an issue?" The maid asked back, glad to not think about that topic.

"Yes, what is the crimes of these prisoners?" Helena asked. She was growing distrustful and Dizzy wasn't far behind.

"Most likely... illegal slavers, murderers whom have killed more then a few people, those that killed nobles of the landed kind and deserters... and slaves whom killed their masters or escaped and their masters didn't want them back." She finishes as she used her fingers to count.

"Illegal Slavers? Slaves? Is slavery legal?" Helena hissed with Dizzy pulling out her small knife and started doing tricks. In a clear attempt to not lose her mind to the rage that danced across her face...

Maggie tilted her head in clear confusion so did Ruder but he returned to a calmer expression, all I could do was sigh as I knew that all of them had outlawed slavery two for real and the rest mostly on paper, and just renamed it something else... but I know that they will keep public face.

"Yes, why not? It is all fair in the rights of conquest." Maggie answers though still confused, "But how did we go from using prisoners that are going to die to, too the legality of slavery..."

"Very much so, I have no real issue with using death row prisoners after hearing the crimes... but I refuse to allow my weapons to be apart of the killing of people that wanted freedom." Dizzy tells Maggie, "We have long outlawed slavery as a barbaric practice... too know this is what the Commander's world is like this? Savages." Dizzy was obviously heavily opposed to killing those that wanted freedom. Her eyes flashed in rapid colors with her voice definite dripping with hate.... akin to acid.

Helena nodded her agreement with mild mummering from those who used slave labor under another name...

Maggie nodded, "Is this your wish, NMS Daman?" She asked, though her eyes did twitch at the somewhat surprising words and the harsh tone used.

I nodded, "I am fine with using prisoners, no former slaves... we will need 50." Wait... NMS? Oh... Novice Magus Summoner.

She did a curtsey, and held her hand to her temple...

The feeling of Mana flowing to her and was sent off to an unknown location... though I could follow it for a distance, but it must have left my limited sensing range... But I did sense the one that went to the area where the Dean's office was.

"Well it will take them sometime, so may we keep walking to the range." The maid gestured to the range that was meant for those whom have [Bowman] or [Musketeer] classes.

With a gesture I and the rest followed Maggie, with Ruder coming near me to talk.

"Daman, what was that about?"

"Hmm, what do you mean?" I asked confused.

"What was with the red one and the one she made appear."

"I can't say, that was Empire politics for her, just a pair of colonies having issues."

Helena spoke up, "Well, firstly Hello Ruder, I am Helena. Nice to meet you." She says and reaches out her hand in a handshake... which Ruder didn't understand, she did take it back. "But that is the understatement of the century Commander, I don't need two colonies at each others throats. Especially two right next to each other."

"Then can you explain?" I asked.

"Long story short, one has been pushing me to see what would happen. Australia one of my children and New Zealand another. Both my youngest, with Australia having more... less desirable traits from what used to be former subjects sent to start her life." She sighed, "But they have shown themselves in combat, and loves to annoy me in more ways then one... and it seems this time to bother me was too demand for New Zealand should join her..."

"Join her?" I inquire.

"It is very confusing and there is really no need to explain... let's just say, Australia is going to get smacked over the head with a club."

I understood what Helena was explaining, due to the added knowledge. But Ruder was left far more confused. The issue is something about New Zealand being a state of Australia within their constitution. 

Spoiler

Note: Since Helena is the leader of the British Empire and all European Allied forces. So time to time she was have her subjects get things for her (E.G. She requested that New Zealand to get the Rifle and Ammo) and so all of Helena's colonies are her Children, but nations who are not her colonies, like the French Republic/Free France and Polish and others, including Italy when it flipped. Can come, but have a very minor present outside of named units (303rd Squadron, "The Black Devils" (First Polish Armour Division) the Gurkhas and fuck I know there is more).

But Nations such as her main colonies, which are Canada, India (British Raj at the time), South Africa, Australia and New Zealand are considered her children. With the USA being the child she lost since that would have been her first one as the Thirteen Colonies.

P.S. I am not going to deal with all the African colonies since I am not going to deal with making a few dozen characters for no gain for the story. The only expectation outside of South Africa since she is one of her children would be the Free French since they started from former French Colonies that didn't want to join Vichy France.

But when I bring in new people from his summon world they are very brief, since they are either not major players like the minor Axis or minor Allied members (Yes I am aware how much they did) but compared to what the Five have done well...

But little things like what I did with New Zealand, will happen from time to time. End Note.

[collapse]

"Ruder don't ask, you really don't want to know." I tell him and grimace as the throbbing became stronger at that moment. "Though I am more surprised that you didn't ask about the whole thing with slavery."

"I was taught that if someone wants to get you into a debate about the legality of slavery in public, that was tantamount to political suicide."

"Layman?" I asked.

Helena still next to me answers, "The subject if spoked against, which sadly I and Dizzy have done, would be the same as stabbing yourself with a sword and hope you won't die. But what he is really saying is that there will be someone else who will gladly push the sword deeper."

"Political enemies?" I answer myself, "Who?"

Ruder gestures with his head at the maid and at the dozen of students who were using apart of the range that they were walking to.

"If I may ask Young Daman what would you say is the average range of your weapons?" Maggie asked suddenly, I knew the answer but Helena was already three steps ahead and so was Mila with Katyusha.

"""None of your business, unless you want to find out?"""" They said and asked within unison and the threat was clear and weapon's were readied.

Maggie throw her arms up in mock surrender and back away. Helena turned to me and after clearing her throat she spoke, "We should all speak our native languages, for operational security and fuck that maid... can we all agree if she does something so blatant again we should shoot her?"

The other four nod and turn to me, since I had final say, with a sigh, "I prefer not to kill the Dean's Maid. If you can incapacitate her, I have no issue. Though English would be too easy." I reply back in English and my English was rustic but I need to explain something. English was very close to Rankashi and that means it could be easy to fuck with. "If I can understand English this simply, I would believe it is or would be later compromised."  I tell them, my mind despite the pain was had already saw it an issue.

Helena nods but counters, "Yes Commander, I am counting on it. It will mean they are wasting time to understand what we say before understanding the contexts. Plus what would this world's thought of the word 'Tank'?"

Well taken a face value she may be talking about water or Mana tanks, but she clearly was referring to a Tank with a capital T and several angry tankers as well.

"Not a 30 ton metal box able to kill dozens with in seconds" I reply sarcastically, "So what? Is English what we are going to use to fuck with them?"

Mila and Helena smile evilly, and it looks wrong to see that on both of their faces, Mila fine. The angelic face of Helena? Creepy. "The full extent it to see how long it takes them to understand us, if they can understand English in say a few days than we have an issue, but if it takes weeks or months? Then we can keep swapping languages. But if they understand every few days though? We would need to make our own combat language from scratch."

I nodded understanding where they were going, so if they can understand English just as fast as I did with myself cheating by just getting the language for free. But if they could do that within days? Yeah that would be an issue. "And the smile?" I asked as they seemed to be holding the smile and in Mila's case it was entering creepy-murderous territory.  

"Our smiles aren't at you, it's at the boys and girls who are looking at our weapons, and to say the least they are creeped out." Mila tells me and winks causing what sounds like a person slipping over since I heard the thud of his weapon hitting the ground.

Helena smile grew more, motherly... no it was that of a teacher. But she turned to Ruder and pulled him by the collar right in the middle of the girls. "Now Young Ruder." He shrank, "You are aware of what our weapons are capable of right?"

"Yes... miss Helena."

"Then you understand what is about to happen and since what you want to do with my Commander. So since you were trained, you can assume what is going to happen here?"

Ruder straightened himself, "The second best thing, since political marriage is out. This is a full on Brotherhood pact where both side declare each other brothers to ensure neither one of us interferes and or attacks each other." He answers in a low voice, though he wasn't saying it out of spite or anything, it was because of the maid and fellow students.

"Well, that works well enough... but what does this Brotherhood pact do?" Helena asked.

"It... in a unfaltering way of saying it's the same sex version of a political marriage, between two males, and it would be called a Sisterhood pact if reversed sexes... but what I doubt you know is that this pact are backed by a God that each must agree on..."

I nodded when the girls looked at me since this was relatively normal for those in higher circles and random people getting blessings from Gods, since I and Ruder are both people "Touched" by the Gods...

"Who then." I asked him since I didn't know what Gods would be useful right now.

"The Koros is out, since he is the God of war... same for Lushius, Barius and a few others..."

"Verena? The Goddess of Knowledge, since I and you only want to be friends and to ensure we don't fuck with each other... so, a simple deal." I lick my lips... "We don't fight each other, but we share what forces we have and to NEVER to disclose this information."

Ruder nod.

We grasped each others forearms.

"I. Daman-Ras'Cala. With Verena Goddess of Knowledge as my witness. I become a Brother to Ruder-da'Lucs. Our Terms: We will share our forces knowledge as required by her teachings, but wish to ensure that neither is to share it without the other ones death or permission."

A loud echo blasts out along with a large release of Mana, but the Mana belonged to nether I nor Ruder.

"I. Ruder-da'Lucs. With Verena Goddess of Knowledge as my witness. I become a Brother to Daman-Ras'Cala. Our Terms: We will share our forces knowledge as required by her teachings, but wish to ensure that neither is to share it without the other ones death or permission."

A second blast of Mana.

"I Verena. The Goddess of Knowledge. Witness this Brotherhood Pact and accept the terms asked and received. Failure to had hear is Death, by becoming the Healer's test subject." The voice was ethereal, ancient but could very easily kill everyone if she wanted too.

With a third blast of Mana, I felt something akin to my heart having a string being attached.

Looking at Ruder I feel some form of kinship, "Hello brother."

"Yes, quite so brother." He turned to Helena, "Satisfied?"

"Very much so." She says, "Now than... I will tell you later, but I need to teach my Commander my weapon, but now we didn't have to do plan B."

"Let me guess you toss me away or just kill me?" He asked.

"The first part was plan B and the second part was plan C, followed by D through H." She answers with a smile.

He nods, though did slightly pale that his death was only a one plan difference.

We waited a few more minutes, as there was an issue with "Uppity" prisoners and more resistance sorts from deserters who fought back...

Helena was to my right and the four others with Ruder behind me, just out of the corner of my eye I could see the other Students. Those with either Magi-Muskets or normal Muskets watched me with great intensity since I had a weapon similar to them.

I looked down at the rifle in my hands, Lee-Enfield No. 4. A fine weapon, with a ten round internal magazine, reloaded by stripper clips in lots of five. With a fire rate of 30 per minute for experienced shooters, and I doubt I'll get there any time soon.

I had spent the time just getting used to the movement of the bolt, and finding a position where it fits into my arm.

"How is it?" Helena asked, in English.

"It's a fine weapon, I can see why the British used it for so long... but I really wasn't expecting you know a bolt akin to a dead bolt on doors." I reply as I increase my speed of the bolts movement.

 Click click clack...

"Better, but the movement will be slower when you have to take into account that you will be suffering from recoil and having to aim or acquire new targets.Helena kills the smile that was forming on my face as I finally got to around the 30 a minute...

I nodded in understanding.

"Finally." I hear Maggie hiss from the side, as just over fifty meters ahead of me a portal was forming and several mage looking people came through, followed by the 50 I had 'requested' on what looked like a leash, though it had something on it I couldn't identify.

Another portal opened next to Maggie and another mage looking man, though his robes were more protected as they had wyvern scale armor over it and he had a short sword on his hip, not counting his staff. I couldn't see his face since it was shrouded in darkness.

"I have come, and as asked. There are no former slaves." His voice was cold, calculating but I didn't sense any malice. "So your the Young Mage?" He asked.

"I am, na-"

"No names please. Safer for both of us." He cuts me off, "You may call me the Jailer."

I nodded, glancing over at the... 'targets', "Then could you set them up in a line for me."

The shroud that was where his head was moved in a nod, and his fellows moved as asked.

"Ready?" Helena asked and presented me with the stripper clips. I take first one and pull back the bolt.

Placing the metal strip, into the notch and with Helena's help she, with her hand over mine pushed down the five into the rifle. With a soft blush she gave me the other stripper clip and I managed to push it in myself.

Releasing a breath, my thoughts darkened, demeanor changed.

Pulling the rifle to my shoulder and kissed it with my cheek... quick painless deaths was all I could give to these men and women.

Down the sight I eye the man... while the others were kneeling accepting their fates he stood, staring back at me... 

This man wore the same prisoner clothing the rest had on, but he carried himself as a man who made his choice and has accepted his fate. The most striking features about him was the animal like ears and tail... I wasn't sure about what type of kin but I had to guess of the feline type.

Giving me a nod he closed his eyes.

Bang!

Clean shot just off center of his chest where his heart was. The man toppled over dead. His mouth muttered a name... "Nallia..." he mouthed over and over before stopping...

"Who was he?" I asked the Jailer as I moved to my next target.

Bang!

"Former Imperial Army, once was a legionary. But after finding out his daughter one Nallia had offended a landed noble was... enslaved on false charges of breaking and entering, leading him to both kill the said noble and the noble's house hold guards... but to his miss fortune, his daughter was sold... but he gave upon the city guard who arrested him and didn't resist. And public confessed to crime and reason he did so... sadly for mine and many, he was found guilty of murder of a landed noble and several house hold guards along with a charge of desertion which the military dropped after hearing the why." He answered my question, there was a mild sadness and pity.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

By the time he had finished explaining I had reached my last shot.

The last one another man but he seemed jumpy and kept moving around... I aim for his heart like the rest.

Those around me, except the girls and the Jailer who was unamused but still interested. Watched with slackened jaws as had just done what was impossible.

Bang!

The last man just as I pulled the trigger moved left the shot tore through his right lung as he toppled over wheezing...

"Fatal." Helena says on the side.

"Indeed, a pierced lung without immediate healing magic is fatal."

"Leave him, he should have noticed that the rest died fast. It was his last choice as a freeman." I answer the unasked question about giving the man a merciful death. The voice was ice cold with a bit of distain. 

[You have leveled X 7 times]

Ignoring the message I give back the rifle, though Helena gives me a look while I give her back the rifle and take Mila's next.

With similar process I reload and begin firing.

..

.

I had finally used Nao's rifle leaving Dizzy for last.

I grab her M1 Garand, not a bolt action. Unlike the other four the US of A entered the second World War with a semi-automatic rifle with a eight round internal magazine...

Pulling the bolt back and locked it, taking the clip and pushed it down.

Ching.

"Fuck." I bitch as my thumb had the bolt slammed down upon...

"Yes. Garand thumb." Dizzy tells me and pulls the bolt back slightly allowing my thumb free.

With a appreciative nod, I take aim again.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Three bodies hit the ground...

Several gasps fill the air... yeah that was expected since thus far I had to do something to be able to fire a second shot...

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Another three.

Bang! Bang! Ping!

With the next clip being past to me, but it only had two shots in it.

Learning from last time I didn't suffer Garand thumb...

Bang! Bang! Ping!

[You have leveled X 23 times]

[User Status]
Name; Daman-Ras'Cala

Gender; Male
Level; 31
Class; World Summoner

[You have reached milestone levels. 10, 20 and 30 the following are available]
At Level 5: You are able to hold two squads efficiently in this world.
At level 10: You are able to hold several squads efficiently within this world.
At level 15: You are now able to hold light crewed weapons within this world (Tripoded HMGs, Mortars, etc.)
At level 20: You are now able to hold a light vehicle (Kubalwagens, Jeeps with or without the 30 Cal. Gaz cars, Kurogane type 95, etc.)
At level 25: You are able to hold a light Armored Car within this world.
At level 30: You are able to hold two light vehicles, which also includes trucks (Opel blitz, CMC, Bedford, etc.)

.

[You have completed the missions issued to you, you have been awarded the following]
Squad of Conscript Riflemen (0/3) (British Empire)
Squad of Volkssturm (3/3) ("Last Defenders") (Nazi Germany)
Squad of Assault Pioneers (1/3) (Soviet Union)
Squad of Cadets (0/3) (Empire of Japan)
Squad of National Guard (0/3) (United States of America)

I stumble back and grasping my head... before collapsing into someone...

"Wow." "By the Gods." "Should we get a teacher!?" Several students asked each other.

"Commander!" Mila's voice was loud... and in German. "What happened?"

"I have no idea..." I answer.. "Just felt weak for a second." I look around myself... "I feel like I got hit by a truck."

The girls laugh a little, "Yeah he'll be fine, if his cracking jokes either he is nearly dead or just fine." Dizzy reassures Ruder, as he had come to my side...

"I need a nap." I with Mila and Helena's help pulled me to my feet. "And I have a lot of new stuff to play with..." I tell the girls.


 

 

A/N: Hello, I have updated the Bios for the five Girls and will be making one for Ruder once he gets a status after his awakening and see what world he gets.

1