Chapter 5: More nobles… f*ck off! And Ruder’s awakening gone very wrong! [Draft]
80 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I awoke in my room, I had been at the Academy for three days. I have thus far found it odd that Ruder and I have Maggie following us around.

Getting myself dressed, today Mila was asleep on the bed with me, She had taken to protecting me with her body. Helena, Nao and Katyusha were managing their vast nations with several more people appearing and disappearing as orders are signed and missives read, dealt with or discarded.

Leaving Dizzy who was pulling watch. Though she to was at time writing orders and missives she was more focused on her watch shift.

After putting my scythe into the holder, and straightening up the uniform everyone was ready to leave.

Just before I grabbed the door handle, I stop... Something felt off. The five behind me sensed my unease and readied weapons.

"Now would be a good time for reinforcements." Helena suggests, aiming her weapons at the door. "And I suggest Dizzy's since they have both the rate of fire and stopping power."

The other four nodded, though there was some grumbling. "No, not yet."  I answer, "Pretend we have no idea what is going to happen, justifications sake."

With a nod they lower their weapons again, but for Dizzy and Helena they have theirs sitting in a way so they can fire while sweeping the weapon around.

Grasping the door handle again and opening the door. I found six fellow students, two were in the senior uniform and the rest were in the normal ones. Seeing the uniforms up close, my uniform us really odd since unlike my black cuffs they have white.

They looked at me in a mix a surprise and anger.

"Yes?" I asked and looked around outside of the door finding that it was just them.

"You are Daman-Ras'Cala. Yes?" The boss of the six asked, his senior uniform had a icon on his upper breast with what looked like two phoenix wings with a blue flame... fuck noble, at least high on that chain. For him to know my name and come here means either he had some strings pulled or I was followed.

His eyes carried a intensity as he attempted to intimidate me. I could only laugh... internally of course. What could that do when I have literally seen warfare from my world? Men. Women... Children. Gassed and turned to ash, people turned to nothing as two A-bombs exploded. Men killed in the millions at the orders by the few. What the fuck could he do? 

"Maybe but who are you?" I asked back my tone was level, it may not be a good idea to annoy a noble when you have no idea who they are but fuck 'em.

Slightly taken aback by my blasé and somewhat aggressive attitude, he looked at me dead in the eye and smirked. "Maybe you shouldn't use that tone with me. You don't have even a drop of noble blood."

"That didn't stop me from hurting a member of the Impus family." I replied, "Also you came to me."

"Well what would happen if I hurt your family, in that piss district that you crawled out of." He threatened, a nerve was struck.

"Than I have no issue with wiping you, your family and your friends families out in revenge. Mila, Katyusha anything else?" I replied and asked the two sadists amongst us. Both of whom suddenly liking the sudden change of events started conversing, normally impossible but when talking about one thing they can get along like life long friends... the suffering of others.

They all took a step back, those words left my mouth without any emotion, or care for human life. With a single step forward I grabbed him by the collar and pull him right in front of my eyes. With a growl with a large leakage of Mana I whisper.

"If you only came here to die than just say it, otherwise fuck off!" I snarl like a wild animal and push him into his buddies. "Mila, Katyusha you done."

"Somewhat... but our favorite thus far, which Nao gave us is to... forces sons on mothers and fathers on daughters, sisters on brothers and so on." I nodded at Katyusha's words, and I can see some of the students in front of me turned a shade of green.

With a deep breath I pull in my Mana. "Nao please see if Brother Ruder is awake, today is his awakening." Nao nods and using her sword still in the sheath to push one of the students that attempted to block her way, but they were stopped from anything else as four barrels were raised at them.

The senior leading them, turns and leaves. Katyusha and Helena gave a comment at the same time, "The cowardly noble runs? That is why we killed them." "If that was a noblemen son then someone should be removed from the line of succession." Both comments were very different but both hit home.

Ruder's door opens and he seems confused at first that Nao was the one to knock and not the maid. "Brother Daman, what is going on." He asked me, sensing the very tense air. After the Pact, it was normal decorum to call each other by Brother over any other title even formal settings. 

The boy that was just about to leave does a one-eighty, "Ah, so you are Young Ruder-da'Lucs. I had wondered where you were." Ruder instantly narrowed his eyes in suspicion, and darted down at the iconography.

Ruder seemed incensed to be called by the title of Young as that is a title as a mage to another if the other has the seniority, and this boy didn't have the seniority that the Dean had over us. "I can assume you are... a member of the Blue Phoenix family then?" He asked, he shot me a look, I nodded. "And what can I do for you?" The nod was a simple yes or no, on being threatened.

"Well, you see I was going to meet to the newest students of our dorm wing, but this plebian from the piss district threatened me and my family. I was wondering if you wanted to help me deal with him." He asked hopefully.

Ruder laughed, and I soon followed and so did the girls to an extent much to the confusion of the students.

"I don't see what is so funny." The Blue Phoenix boy asked in anger.

"Even if I want to, why should I?" Ruder replied, this was a side of him I haven't seen of him a playful one.

"Because my family can help you get land, I am aware of your landless status and we can get you land."

"Tempting. Tempting." He said, tapping his chin with his fingers and genuinely sounded interested, "But I rather not die, to him or a Goddess's divine punishment."

I smiled, as Ruder was given a very front row seat and knows what my weapons can do, and he knew that if my rifles could kill a man at 50 meters with ease then what could a real soldier do at a few hundred meters? It doesn't matter how strong you are a head shot or a heart shot is still a kill shot with few exception.

"But if he is to kill you, he would be killed as well." He countered. Missing something, I could only assume that he missed the Brother talk.

Ruder smirked and pulled on his gray cuffs. "And there lies the issue. I am bond to Brother Daman by a Brotherhood Pact and thusly I am unable to go against him. Lastly, you have threatened my brother, so you not only made an enemy of one [World Summoner] but two. So please leave." Ruder shuts him down.

I also smirked, "Now Brother Ruder, I believe Dean Lucca is waiting for us." I say and push past the students and as Ruder walks beside me I asked in a hushed tone, "Who was the fucker?"

"I think that was Voran-Laeder'lea, system user with a class that allows him to use Magi-Mechs more effective and efficiently."

"Magi-Mechs? That means their are normal ones yes?" Mila asked suddenly. "Forgive me sir." She lowered her head to me. I wave her off and tell her that I was going to ask as well.

"Yes, but unlike the normal Mechs built by the Dwarves which has an idea on the pilots safety, Magi-Mechs are... well more expensive, but also weaker as they need the Mana of the Mage. So they can easily be destroyed without their pilots." He smirked, "You are wondering if you could kill one no?"

With a nod from me Mila talks. "I and the rest can't allow such disrespect to go unpunished, from what we have learned a [World Summoner] is someone you don't disrespect even if you have the high ground."

Ruder nods. "Yes, he also broke a few laws that are not that well known, though the laws a minor compared to the ones the Impus broke, but ones we can use."

"Like?" I asked.

"Well, this school is meant to train the best of the best, and if we can do things legally, sabotage the enemy. As most of us will enter a military career so... but the laws that were broken were ones around decorum and just respect to your betters which are taken serious by the Imperial Family." He says, a small evil smirk crossed his lips before disappearing. "But what are you thinking?"

Looking at Mila she smiled and with a flick of her wrist a small tube with a bulbus head appear... a Panzerfaust. "This can kill enemy tanks, so I doubt, if something that needs it pilot is useless well." She cracked an evil smile.

"If that is the case, than we need to bring it up with Dean Lucca." Ruder said, I nodded.

"Sir Ruder." Helena starts, "You seem rather knowledgeable in what seems to be a wide array of subjects."

"Oh, that." He turned bright red. "M-my father was prepping me for a military career and I agreed after I turned ten and so my studies continued."

The girls nodded.

After we walked down the halls we returned to the Dean's office and knocked.

"Ah, come in." Dean Lucca's voice came from inside.

We entered and found that the room was empty outside of the Dean, Maggie and a circle that took up two-thirds of the floor.

"Okay, now Young Ruder. Please enter the circle and Young Daman please stand over there." Dean Lucca orders and points for where for me to go.

Doing as asked and the Dean says it will take a few moments so I started talking with the five for the plan to use the Panzerfaust.

"So what is the plan thus far." I asked Mila since she was the one that is most likely doing it.

"Well with your permission, I was going to get a team together one man or woman from each of us. A car and have them drive up and Panzerfaust either the leg or the cockpit."

Somewhat surprised that she was thinking a team with everyone involved, and so do the rest but nod. "I agree, but it will take time for each person to you know not kill each other?" Helena says, "Since you know?" Again the rest nodded.

"So what do you propose?" Nao asked pointedly.

"Well. We get our best special forces and form a United Nations kind of unit." Mila answers. "One from the SAS, US Rangers, Japanese SNLF, Soviet NKVD and my SS."

"Interesting." Katyusha says, "But, who is in charge of this unit?"

Mila tilts her head, "Well obviously the Commander? Since if anyone of us to have it would be to everyone's detriment. And the Unit should only be used on the Commander's need and could act as a secondary bodyguard unit for when we are needed else where."

Finally the rest nodded without any more complaint.

Feeling a sudden surge of Mana I turned my attention back to Ruder.

He seemed to be in a state of unconsciousness as he started floating in the air, but looking at Dean Lucca and the maid this looked normal. So despite my unease I do nothing.

My senses flared in a sudden sense of danger, and I draw my scythe by instincts and the Dean and his maid also seems taken aback by the large amount of threat emanating from the circle, with Lucca pooling his Mana into several different colored balls above him and Maggie pulling out a pair of daggers from somewhere, with them both entering a battle stance.

"Form a firing line!" I order fast, the five instantly obey. To them my life was more important than anyone I care for. "Gun, Garand!"

Dizzy brings an M1 Garand for me with several clips with me instantly loading it and taking aim.

[System Mission Issued; Help your Brother Ruder Subdue his world]
Ruder's world has resisted his attempt to become his, you must help him force the world!
Task: Kill 3 of the 5 World Leaders.
Reward: Not counting the levels you may gain from doing the task; you will get 25 levels, A single Mixed Armored Company (3 Tanks with 2 half-tracks (Tanks and Halftracks with soldiers up to user digression))

"No." Dean Lucca says, "Daman did you get that Mission too?"

"Yes." I replied simply. "What happened."

"I'll tell you once we arrive!" He shouts, "Follow me!" He suddenly runs and enters the circle disappearing as he does so.

Glancing at the maid, who seems hesitant. She looks over at me and with a nod she rushes in and I follow with the five doing as well." 

1