Chapter 6: First Time in combat, Rolling battle with few breaks [Draft]
71 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon entering the circle, I closed my eyes as a bright light nearly blinded me.

After my eyes adjusted, I was looking at a line of... Spearmen? To my left where Lucca and the Maid stood, and just ahead of my Brother Ruder was laying on the ground. Looking at the local forces they wore a breast plate with a tunic below that was in a kind of checkered white and red with their trousers being in a deep shade of red 

Pulling my weapon to my cheek I take the needed steps to Ruder and after grabbing his collar, slowly pulling him back towards the girls.

The Leader of the Spearmen spoke in some Gods forsaken tongue and raised a hammer on high, and charged.

(3rd Person)

The Leader of the Reikland's Spearman looked at the chaos spawns taken Human form, raising his hammer high and bellowed "FOR SIGMAR!" He had been ordered to kill one of these spawn BUT MORE CAME!

Daman aimed and pulled the trigger, once, twice, thrice before the leader of the spearman collapsed. "FIRE AT WILL!" He rapidly ordered the women around him.

Dean Lucca raised his right hand high gathering the local mana, it seemed wild almost feral. But he channeled it nonetheless forming dozens of fireballs, sending them into the wave of the spearmen.

Maggie on the other hand formed half a dozen copies of herself and lurched at the lines of spearmen, with only daggers in hand she became a maelstrom of death as her class [Widowmaker] came into full force with strikes killing married men instantly and only critically wounding the unmarried.

Sword drawn, a Nao's shape enters the mob followed closely behind by Mila covering her back.

Nao's sword unlike normal Katanas hers was made with good quality steel, and it was demonstrated as she cut down several spearmen often cutting through the shafts of their spears doing so.

Mila of the other hand allowed her inner desires out, "FUR DAS VATERLAND!" She shouted, shoulder charging into an enemy that had gotten onto Nao's blind spot, running her bayonet run through his back, with his collar grabbed she shifted the man and pushed him forward right into several more spearmen that were about to thrust into Mila. "HAHA HA!" She pulled the Panzerfaust off her back and with one hand fired into the crowd. The poor Reikland spearmen backed away from her not wanting to attack such a powerful demon.

Helena, Dizzy and Katyusha formed a defensive line. Fire short controlled bursts, with Daman targeting anyone that looked "Officer like". As he picked off several with large plums on there helmets but wasn't sure would was the officers.

"Commander. We need reinforcements!" Helena Shouts over the din of the gunfire. "SAME METHOD TO GOT US!"

The Garand ping, turning behind himself he thought of what to do... Planting his hand on the ground he chant, "I Request Reinforcements!"  thinking about those five squads they had awarded him, 'Last Defenders', Squad of Conscript Riflemen, Cadets, National Guard and Assault Pioneers.

With a shake of his head, he need more. Picturing a Sd. Kfz. 222 as well.

WHAM! He winced at the sudden pain and strain that this had put up upon his mind... and soul he could feel it. His soul ached from the pain.

The circle covered an area ahead of himself and several doors appeared. Licking his lips he could taste his blood again. A lull in the fighting happened only briefly, before one of the doors which looked like a garage door opened and the sound of a revving engines is heard.

Bursting out of the doorway the Sd. Kfz. 222 charges head long into the spearmen formation the 20mm cannon and MG firing in full force, followed by a squad of German Volkssturm firing as well, firing the pair of Panzerfaust they had with them into the crowds that had tightened up there formations for anti-cavalry tactics.

"FOR KING AND COUNTRY!" The next door was thrown open by the British Riflemen, with bayonets already affixed they charged, before coming to a complete halt to give the lines of spearmen the 'Mad Minute'. They maybe conscripts but it didn't mean they can't shoot.

On the other hand, Nao's Cadets followed through with said charge, with the leading cadet having a flag tied to his rifle. "Tennōheika Banzai!" He was the first to score blood in the Emperor's name plunging his bayonet into the throat of the nearest enemy, cover his weapon, the Raising Sun and himself in the enemy's blood.

The Reikland Spearmen started pulling back, they didn't have the weapons for this, they needed the College of Magic, they need Handgunners. They needed... they needed... they...

 

They needed to flee!

"URAAAA!" The Soviets blew their door open by the Assault Pioneers, with flamethrowers on their backs and plenty of valid targets they let the lines of Reikland men have it, unleashing streams of fiery death towards those that dare to oppose the Motherland. 

And like a starting gun was fired, the Relkland spearmen broke and ran, some intending to tell the Prince Regent and others deserting all together.

...

(1st POV)

WHAM! Fuck... I keel over and lie on the ground to ease my head. My upper lip was caked in a layer of my blood, but I can feel? I guess I would call it that the headache was slowly lost it's edge... It had lost power.

I look over towards the former battle, the girls had some prisoners' with those too wound being killed on the spot. I found myself transfixed on two of the Volkssturm they looked like brother and sister, hell even looked the same so twins? But the thing I had noticed was that they were no older or even younger than I am... just seeing the fanatical disgust they showed towards the spearman was insane... and I know what fucked up war they had been in to get them there.

With a help from Mila and Helena I manage to stand up, "Dean Lucca, what is with that face?" I asked as he gave me a weary look.

"It's is just the power your world possesses... for a world without magic, they are advanced..." He muttered something I couldn't hear.

"What happened if I may ask? I thought World Summoners couldn't have this fate?"

"AH..." He seems stumped in how to explain it. "Well, the natural method. Said method was used on you during my test, where you had awaken your world and intern they accepted it, in a time of great danger where there was a threat that could have killed you and them. But the spell doesn't force the world to choose between helping the [World Summoner] or dying when said summoner dies." He gestures at the five girls who nodded at his words.

"But here?" Gesturing to the dead men and the world around us. "These people refused and there for must be punished, now Young Daman."

"Yes?"

"Maggie and I, are going to kill the 3 world leaders as the mission demands. You are tasked with Defending Young Ruder, until we return. Understood?"

"Roger."

The Dean looked at me for a few moments before nodding to himself, "Good. Maggie... it's time that you get some practice your skills, you looked rusty."

"Shut old man, you try keeping fit at seventy-six. As a maid no less." She replied, her tone playful... WAIT SHE IS SEVENTY-SIX!? "Young Daman, don't look so shocked... other wise when you enter high society you are going to get more shocked." She looked no older then thirty what the fuck?

Dean Lucca walks over to me, placing one hand on my shoulder. "We do have some allies here, two world leaders have joined your brother, they should come soon, and if they do not and I mean don't speak our language kill them!"

I nodded, with that with speed that I couldn't see they both took off... "Orders?" Helena asked after rubbing her eyes trying to understand what just happened.

With a shake and a placement of my 'Officers' mask, I started commanding. "Tommies, Jerrys, Yankees and Ruskies set up short term defensive positions. Japs in teams of two find anything we could easily defend and fortify." I ordered, I didn't take a genius to realized that we were standing in the middle of no wear without any natural cover outside of the knee high grass, that had been raze by the Pioneers.

"SIR YES SIR!" They shouted to the annoyance to my throbbing head.

.

…Several Hours later!...

.

Nao divided the Cadets into the teams and sent them in the three of the four cardinal directions, since one of the ways would lead us the same way where the majority of the enemy ran.

The 222 had been sent as early warning/ harassment work.

The rest had started building small slit trenches with the ability to connect them together if needed, but they had kept it to short term, while I with Ruder sat in the only "Room" you could call it that would act of the HQ if this becomes a trench system. Ruder was still out cold.

Hearing foot falls and the clattering of armor, I glace up.

Mila takes several step towards me dragging someone with a large plum and what looks like several pieces of parchment stuck to their armor. Mila dumped the person she had been dragging.

The Nun as I really had no other way to describe her had a breast-plate over her black and white holy robes, a mace at her waist and judging from the lack of bruising or any clear injuries this one didn't fight.

I looked at her, she started back. My gaze shifted to Mila. "Commander she can speak your Language." I instantly turn to the Nun.

"Speak." I intone. My M1 ready. She looked up at me, with barely hidden hatred but the moment she saw I was with Ruder she schooled her expression. She shifted her position that she was dumped in into one used for praying.

"I have come, baring word." Her voice is enchanting, she had deep green eyes. Which held a determination and devotion within them to either a God or a Code. 

"Word of what?"

"The Lady of the Lake humbly accepts Master Ruder's rule of our World." The Nun says, "The Nation of Bretonnia is at his command, and I the Lady's representative." She looks towards Ruder, and tilts her head, "If I may ask, what happened to Master?"

Stopping myself from laughing at Ruder's title. "As far as we can tell? Brother Ruder is suffering a form of backlash... akin to a spell backfiring." She nodded, at my answer I just wished I knew as well, "But if I may ask may I know your name fair maiden?" I asked, and reached my hand out to her.

She took it and stood up, "My name is Gabriel. I do not have any other name." She glares at Mila for a few moments. Her name, God is my strength.

"I am sorry, we have been on edge since the battle." I apologize, "Mila was only acting on my order, forgive her. My name is Daman, Daman-Ras'Cala."

"Well met, Sir Daman." With a sigh that shows a wonderful smile, she faces Mila. "I forgive you... and now understand the circumstances..."

"No. I was acting out of hand, before." Mila interrupts.

Wait a minute she is a local. "Gabriel, care to explain who is our other ally is? As we are expecting another."

"The Lady had only said that... the Empire outright refused, so did the Chaos and the Orks, with the Elves at the time are still debating..."

Elves? So this world has knife-ears too? Interesting... Ruder you may have some excellent infiltrators. "Elves? Right, long ears? Great Archery? Hard as fuck to find in the woods?"

"Yes... well the last one is more the Wood Elves. But yes." She replies, "I need to get some people, I came ahead of a group of Squires can I go get them?"

"How many?" I asked.

"I was only to take a handful. So only four with myself leading them." She answered.

"Lady Gabriel you are free to get them. But Mila will go with you." I ordered, it was clear I was not negotiating on this. "While Mila is with you please fill her in about the enemies we are expected to face."

"Understood, sir Daman." She replied lowering her head to me, with that she takes her leave, with Mila in tow as she readied her STG 44.

After having a few moments to myself and calm my aching mind and soul. Along with giving Ruder one last check I to left the room, rifle slung over my back.

"Nao anything?" I asked as I approached her, she had several Cadets around her.

"Negative sir, this place seemed to be hand picked to offer us little in the way of natural protection, recommend long term planning and fortification work."

Tapping my chin, I must be close to where ever this Bretonnia is we could flee there... no that would be risky, we have no idea of the locals and other forces that aren't the ones mentioned by Gabriel... hell what of the wild life?

-Bom! Bom! Bom!-

The sound of 20mm fire and closing fire makes some of us jump. While the Volkssturm and Assault Pioneers starts shifting and jumping into empty slit trench works readying what is left of there flamer fuel with the last Panzerfaust being prepped for use.

"CONTACT SOUTH! FRIENDLY ARMOUR CAR! UNKNWONS MOUNTED FOLLOWING!" Shouted Helena as she was the farthest away from me, but was informing everyone else. But was the only one using binoculars. 

"Prep bayonets unknown threat!" I ordered before jumping to the slit trench with the most room.

"Oh... hi sir." "Yes... hello sir." I had landed inside the slit trench with the two kids.

"Hello, don't mind me, just looking for cover for the next fight." The two just nodded.

(POV CHANGE)

Kurt was have a wonderful of a day, one minute the Commander calls forth a 222, fighting men with spears that could do fuck all to his his baby's hull... but now?

"GIVE ME THE AP!" I ordered shouting into the loader's face. "Common you black shits!" I bitch and fire more HE into the chest of these boar riding black beasts, with their armor making sure I do absolutely nothing.

-Bom! Bom! Bom!-

This time I aim at the head of the beast that are somehow keeping pace with us. The boars head explodes sending the black beast toppling over.

-Bom! Bom! Click!-

"LOAD!"

"AP IN!" My loader shouted.

I gave the beast closing on us a burst of AP into it's chest this time that things armor does nothing! THANK! FUCKING! GOD! The beast torso exploded.

"LEFT SIDE!" The loader shouted, turning the turret.

-WHAM!-

"BRACE!" I ordered, as the armored car was starting to tip over.

-CRASH!-

"WERE FLIPPED!" The Driver shouted.

What followed next was haunting. The sound of the car was being pulled apart... Everyone of us drew our sidearms ready to go down fighting.

"HEHE!" We both heard a laugh looking up from our still sitting positions in the turret and through the roof we saw a large one, with armor that made the rest look like paper. It reached down grabbing the turret with both hands and tore it off sending me and the loader flying, with myself being counted as the lucky one as I had fallen out of the turret with the loader was still inside when it crashed to the ground and was jumped on, literally the others beasts... just started jumping on it like kids jumping in water.

Attempting to stand, -crack- no my leg is a goner, looking back to the 222, the driver... was being pulled out and...

"ARGH!!!" The Driver pressed his sidearm into the eyes of the beast the dragged him out. With a huff the beast still holding the driver smashed him into the ground with a large splat sound. The man didn't even get a shot off.

They are looking at me now? Fine! Getting to a comfortable firing position I put round after round into the eyes of the boars they rode at least I could slow them.

-Click-

Load.

After pulling my handgun to aim again it, along with both my wrist were grabbed by a meaty hand, I still fired even as I was lifted into the air.   

"DEUTSCHLAND UBER ALLES!" Was my last defiant words, before it brought me back down into the dirt.

-Splat-

2