Chapter 7: Hard Fought [Draft]
68 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Crack-

I clutched my chest... I felt something just stop responding... I blinked a few times. 

"Sir?" I felt someone shaking me, looking up it was the boy. "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah." I responded weakly, with a shake. "Yes.. I am good. Ready up."

They nodded and readied their SMGs as the adults had the rifles. As they both stood the the little fire steps for them I stood behind them with my rifle aimed over their heads.

"Open fire once in best range!" I start giving orders, "See that big fuck? Use the AT on that one and use what remains of the fuel to burn the other tall ones! Rifles pick off the mounts!"

"Hurrah!"

After a few minutes sporadic rifles crack and I see a few of those mount suddenly find themselves without living mounts.

I take aim at the largest of them all, I fire once to see it just dink off its helmet... okay then. I fire more until I hear it roar as I hit something not it's helmet.

It wasn't dead. But I had damn well pissed it off.

The sound of SMGs firing awoken my from my internal thoughts as I just noticed that some of them have gotten very close.

They didn't seem to stop. "BURN EM!" Katyusha orders, and the flamethrowers lights up dousing the closest black beasts and their guttural roars of pain as they burned up.

They screamed and the fire shifted onto the newest arrivals as there was still running at us. Our weapons were having limited effected on them with only shots hitting the very small weak points on their necks and mouth being viable targets.

"Back!" I ordered as the kids jump out of the slit trench and I followed behind. After getting out of the trench I turned and fired into the eyes as one did a leaping jump but missed getting himself stuck in the hole.

It's eyes bursts and it flops as whatever it used as a brain died.

-Crack-

I chest tightened, looking over Helena was fighting in muzzle range with nearly a half of her men just dead.

"FOR KING AND COUNTRY!" One of them shouted pulling a mills bomb out without it's pin and thrusted his hand into the roaring mouth. "ARGH!" He screamed as the beast chomped down.

It slashed it's meaty sword bisecting the man. But with a muffled boom the head of the beast exploded covering Helena and the remnants of her men in gore.

-Crack-

She moved on and continued fighting while her men seem surprised and confused.

I coughed and my mouth I could taste blood. Gritting my teeth I plant my hand back on the ground. "I Request Reinforcements!" Tank! I need a tank... something with a long range anti-infantry weapon and a rapid faring anti-tank, my chest clenched more once I reached my conclusion. My mind turned foggy. But I managed to see the door form along with a green tank with a bright white star.

-Thud-

(3d Person)

The two Volkssturm kids heard someone hit the ground behind them, the girl turned and found their commander out cold.

The enemy though backed up as the doorway formed and the sound of tracks moving.

Tall, a 75mm gun in the hull off set to the right, and a turret with a 37mm gun right above that was the commander's cupula with a 30 cal. On both sides of the hull sat to large and imposing stars.

The commander stuck his head out, his left hand clenched around the radio. "Fire at will! Hit these beasts!" He ordered, as he fired the machinegun at the largest one and like a laser guided weapon the 75 aimed at the same beast.

-Boom-

The M3 recoiled back slightly, inside the 75 Gunner and Loader whooped and cheered but it was silenced within a moment.

The Warbozz gripped his shield and once he felt the shell hit instead of trying to stop it he allowed to to move past his using his shield to deflect it... unfortunately the shell the moment it hit the ground kicking up dirt and hot metal little as it was, burned his exposed flesh.

The 37mm fired as if it was the Four of July, AP was leaving the weapon faster then it could be given as it pummeled anything that dare to get close to it.

Right beside them the kids dragged the commander behind the tank, and it was only then they everyone else realized the Daman was unconscious, Nao and Dizzy's men covered him as they dragged him into one of the many slit trenches around the place.

"What happened!" Nao asked her face showed fury.

The girl answered. "We have no idea, we heard him say 'I request reinforcement' and a moment later he collapsed..." The boy continued, "He completely was out of it and so we dragged him to the only safe place we could think of which was behind the tank."

The M3 fired again this time the 75mm HE shell exploded destroying the shield, and with a cheer they loaded again and fired.

.

Meanwhile.

.

Mila and Gabriel jumped as the first sounds of the 75mm shell was fired.

"What was that?" Gabriel asked.

Mila closed her eyes and with a nod she answered, "75... platform is unknown." Opening Her eyes and turning to the Nun. "How long until we reach your squires!"

"We aren't to far." She reassured Mila. But just as she answered the sound of hooves and the slightest clang of armor as well. "Ah that is them." She placing her fingers in her mouth and gave out a whistle in two brief and one long.

The sound doubled, and the sound of 37mm fire reach them as well and another 75mm... "The fighting is getting rough." Mila said at Gabriel stare.

Once the mounted squires arrived with a rider less horse for their leader. Each squire had different heraldry and armor but all they knew what that they're chosen by the Lady's representative as her bodyguard.

With experience Gabriel mounted her horse and Mila mounted as well with another squire, said squires didn't asked about Mila presence but where concerned by the weapon she welded. With her horse rearing up Gabriel took off at a full gallop and the rest followed behind.

.

The Warbozz

.

I licked my lips as I jumped aside from the man-thing tank... it was very different the Big Warbozz said he had fought...

Glancing around it seems to have killed off the last of my Black Ork Guards... no matter I charged, jumping again as I felt like death was near that things big gun fired and missed.

With glee I got close enough to ram the thing, denting it's frontal armor and pushed it back, tossing my blade I grabbed it from below and started lifting it was heavy but by Gork and Mork I will try.

.

Volkssturm kids

.

That thing is trying to lift the tank! We shared glance before leaving the commander's slit trench and finding the Panzerfaust, it may only be a 30 but that is enough...

Jumping back into one of the other men's trenches and without waiting we took it off our squad leaders back.

"Hans distract!" The girl ordered.

"Right." Hans replied, 'Why do I get the dangerous jobs?' He grumbled to himself. Getting to the panzer, it looked to have started driving forward but was finding it hard to move it's enemy.

"OI! Over here!" He shouted and fired his MP40 into it's helmet, as the rounds bounced off harmlessly, the beast turned almost pissed off by the pinging on his head. Seeing Erika's legs he shouted again. "NOW!"

Diving to the side into the cover of the panzer, Erika fired the shot entered the upper right of his body below the armpit and exploded on contact with the armor sending molten metal through the beast body and out his left shoulder. With the panzer free both got away from it as it exacted revenge to the foe it couldn't kill.

The panzer now without issue dropped slightly traversed left and the 75mm fired with a APHE passing through the head. The panzer traversed back and rolled over the body and traverses a full rotation turning the body into paste.

.

Daman

.

[You have leveled X 35 times]

[User Status]
Name; Daman-Ras'Cala

Gender; Male
Level; 66
Class; World Summoner

[You have reached milestone levels. 40, 50 and 60 the following are available]
At Level 35: You are able to hold one platoon sized unit efficiently in this world.
At level 40: You are able to hold two platoons efficiently within this world.
At level 45: You are now able to hold several light crewed weapons within this world (Tripoded HMGs, Mortars, etc.)
At level 50: You are now able to hold four light vehicles (Kubalwagens, Jeeps with or without the 30 or 50 Cals. Gaz cars, Kurogane type 95, etc.)
At level 55: You are able to hold three light Armored Car within this world.
At level 60: You are able to hold eight light vehicles, which also includes trucks (Opel blitz, CMC, Bedford, etc.)
At level 65: You are able to hold one light or cavalry Tank (Panzer I or II, T26, Stuart and Crusader)

 

The systems blanked through my eyes and I jolted up hitting Nao in the face doing so. "Arg..." I cry out as I clutch my head at both the new pain and the horrible headache. "What happened?"

"We are unsure, but we think that you collapsed in summoning the M3 Lee. But we are just glad to see that you are awake."

'We?' I looked around and realize that I was in a slit trench and above me stood the other three... I guess Mila was still gone. With a rough wipe of my upper lip removing the layer of drying blood and with Nao's help I manage to leave the trench.

I take a step and nearly fall again with Helena catching my arm holding me up. "Commander you are still weak." She stated matter-of-factly.

"My weakness be damned." I state and with her aid walk over to my dead soldiers.

Staring down at the dead bodies of the British conscripts... slowly I knelt down at the man who gave his life to kill one the beast and brushed the man's hair... I felt his death. His determination. His willingness and his mind as he fully believed that that action would have killed him... but knew what must be done... I felt his finality.

"May the Gods and Goddesses see you all through your lives and to your new ones..." I prayed softly.

2