Chapter 8: Logistics, Panic Attack [Draft]
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(3rd POV)

Despite Daman's level he was in no better shape then his brother Ruder who was still asleep. Outside of this newly made bunker was a hive of activity. On the bunker's roof on a table was with the five girls sitting around it, with Gabriel standing to the side with her Squires looking at the work of these people.

"So we are all in agreement, that what the Commander had summoned was the right things we needed, yes?" Helena asked everyone.

They had been discussing the units Daman had gotten before ending up in a self inflicted migraine that made him bleed from his nose and eyes. But he was stable.

They nodded and Mila pulled out her notebook and reread the units their Commander had gotten, "One: Resupply of those units already present including replacements for Helena's Conscripts, and Nao's Cadets. But no replacement of the lost Sd. Kfz. 222. 

For Helena the Commander summoned; 2 Sections of Light British Riflemen total of 24 men. 22 rifles and 2 SMGs.

For Nao the Commander summoned; 1 additional Squad of Cadets total of 8 men. 8 rifles.

For Katyusha the Commander summoned; 2 units of Snipers total of 3 men and 1 woman. 2 Mosin-Nagant Carbines and 2 Mosin-Nagant Sniper Ver. Along with a unit of 4 120mm mortars with 4 men per mortar with a total of 16 men. 6 SMGs and 10 handguns.

For Dizzy, none as the M3 Lee is more then enough.

And as for me the Commander summoned; 2 units of Combat Engineers both specialized for field fortifications a total of 40 men though they aren't armed. Along with a unit of HMG, the unit contains 4 MG34s on tripod mounts and 3 men per MG with a total 12 men. 8 rifles and 4 handguns.

Leaving us with 38 British, 16 Japanese, 28 Russians, 17 Americans and finally 58 Germans but only 18 are combat. Remember these numbers include those already deployed."

Mila breathed in after reading everything out. "But don't forget the equipment effects the Commander as well... if it was just the men most likely he would be walking around just fine, but with all the weapons, food, water, ammo, trucks and so on and so on..."

"Da, agreed. But with the forces we have this 'fort' can hold for a time... with the mortars placed with each one facing a direction, plus if needed they can be shifted to fire anywhere else. My issue is with the M3 Lee, I can see that a sort of road was made to allow it to rapidly move around." Katyusha said.

Meanwhile Gabriel watched in fascination as she and her Squires, they had long ago ignored Sir Daman's people as they spoke in their own language. She didn't care these people were keeping Master Ruder safe with their weapons... though she found it strange that none of them seem to wear body armor unlike her Squires... even the Damsel's of the Lake wore basic chainmail underneath their dresses, but these people none, only few seems to wear it but it looks like a flimsy metal.

"I have to say it... where are their Knights? Where are their nobles? Sure Sir Daman is here... but I doubt he can do this without his own retinue." One of her Squires spoke up the oldest and yet dim in mind. Gabriel kept looking as she knew why, Mila was more then willing to tell me according to her...

Warfare is far to different to the point were even the most chivalrous of Knights or despicable of noblemen could be killed by a peasant with barely a few hours of training, and their weapons are so deadly that armor given to the troops are irrelevant as it would be a waste of time and money, another thing was the Tank they have, not like the ones the Empire likes to parade around. The last one made little sense to her, the woman behind us are his retinue.

"I think you've missed something." Gabriel heard a feminine voice but still with a male undertone. She glanced over her shoulder at the shortest and yet the one who has already been a Knight's errant for a time before being recalled by the Lady. "Did have you not noticed that Sir Daman was more then willing to delegate tasks to the five women behind us, that alone answers all your questions."

"Correct." She stated and knelt down. "These people fight far more differently, and these aren't even Master's men." Which seems to confuse the man for the moment, "From what I know these men around and in the women behind us belong to Master's brother whom seemed ill when I last saw him."

"Ill how?"

"Not sure, seemed like overdrew... as if he. I don't know, it doesn't match anything I've seen." She answered honestly. It wasn't the same as those that over used the Winds of Magic, let alone whatever Sir Daman uses.

Hearing a exhausted sigh and some words she knew was in the language that Master Ruder spoke, "Bloody hell... why can't we have a normal day? Like really. One minute we were just leaving the greatest military conflict of our world with death that casted a shadow to rival every war before it." It was Helena who spoke. "Do you think he could get a Fatman?"

"No!!!" Nao shouted, everyone turned at the normally calm and collected woman but saw a frightened child, her trembling body showed that her distress was off the charts.

"Shit, Nao I'm sorry... I didn't mean it." Helena attempted to salvage the situation but failed as she seemed to entered a completely panicked state.

"LOOK AWAY NOW!" Mila ordered and aimed her weapon, everyone did so but they could still hear the words she whispered, "Hay, jappy look at me." She asked as she hugged Nao shivering form.

Nao looked at Mila and saw only kindness as she held onto her dearest ally, "No please not again." She whimpered softly, "Please."

"it's okay, Mama Reich is here. Shh... Nao want to hear a story." She didn't hear it but felt the head nodding into her chest. "Well I was with Italy as she was explaining why she was unable to defeat the Greeks. I just sighed and conquered another nation and Greece in a few weeks. Imagine her face when I did that with less men then she had used."

They could hear slight laughter but it still had tears. "You okay?" Feeling another nod she rubbed the back of her head. "Nao do me a favor?

"Yeah?"

"Go have a chat with your children they can feel your panic attack. Machu is most likely going off her nut." With another shallow laugh Nao got off the bunker and headed towards her men.

Mila turned on everyone her voice ice cold. "What the fuck were you thinking?!! You know how much those things fucked her up!" Helena and Dizzy lowered their heads but Katyusha saw it as a challenge.

"And? It's her fault for losing the war." Her smile was sickening.

"Want to go!" Mila shouted, "Last time I checked I kicked your ass twice but got distracted by other fronts! The first World War, you gave up! The second you fell for such a obvious lie, my sides were killing me from laughter when you signed that non-aggression pact. Pathetic. Both times you couldn't beat me in a good old fashion fight! Hell if the Finns could do it... haha! Piss off." Mila jumped off the bunker rolling when she landed to breaking her fall. Her destination was her Volkssturm mainly the children within it. Seeing the youth of the Fatherland brought her joy.

Leaving a fuming Russian, two regretful allies and five very confused locals.

Dizzy recomposed herself and with a firm shake of her head she spoke more to herself, "No it was the right choice. It was either that or losing another few million men to take Japan, and that wasn't even counting the civilians that could have been lost due to Japanese dogma... I'm sorry Nao, but those two bombs save more lives then it cost to deploy." She left to see her own men.

"I'm going to see my own children." Helena said and disappeared.

Katyusha didn't say anything and left towards her own men, she felt alone since the other people around were either the locals who were closer to her mother. God she remembered the day she put a bullet in the bitch's head, Russian Empire... that's what this world reminded her of. But the others? Two were allies by circumstance and the others were enemies through and through...

1