1. Cliché?
3.5k 3 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a wide meadow, a man was lying lazily under a shady tree, next to him was a young boy who was trying to wake the lying man by disturbing his face with a tree branch.

"Hey .. Can you leave me, let me lie down for a moment .." The man said slightly irritatedly as he brushed the tree branch that was disturbing his face.

"You can't, you can't be here. You must leave immediately!" the young man said while continuing to disturb the man's face with tree branches.

"All right, Tet. What do you want me to do?" Asked the man lazily.

"You .. did you forget it? Of course, you have to go reincarnated!" Tet said with a frown on his face.

Yes, that young man was Tet, he was a God, at least that was what he said, and his appearance was very similar to Tet, a God from Anime No Game No Life. Whereas the man who was lying down was a soul who had recently died and was about to reincarnate.

"Can you just put me in heaven? I feel bored with the life of the world even though I don't really remember my previous life" Asked the man.

"You can't go to heaven or hell, because that is your destiny. You must continue to live your life even in a different world" Tet explained while raising his index finger.

"Hmm .. alright, but do you know why I can't remember my personal life before? Who am I? Who is my family? Who are my friends? When did I die? How old am I? But strangely I still remember my previous world, what I have learned, what I saw and so on" Asked the man a little confused.

"Ohh it's because you don't want it, in short, you have a very, very sad life, even until the moment your death arrives you still hope to lose your bad memory" Tet explained.

"So that's why I feel comfortable right now that I don't remember that, then ..."

"... Zzz ..."

"... Zzz .."

"..." Tet.

"Oiii... Why are you sleeping again !! Wake up !!" Tet screamed near the man's ear.

"Ok Ok stop it, so what do you want me to do ??" Asked the man while digging his ear.

"I will give you 3 wishes !! Isn't that great ??" said Tet proudly.

"Okay, my first request, I want .. you put me into heaven," said the man lazily.

"I told you before that you can't go to Heaven .."

"Fine then, my wish is ... Leave me alone at this point, let me lie down for a moment" The man said while turning his body lazily.

"You .. why are you doing this, I told you that you can't continue to be here .. Heyy .. Heyy .. wake up .." Tet said while shaking his shoulders.

"Ok Ok Ok stop it, can you stop .." said the man lazily.

"All right, now say your three wishes .." said Tet while sitting floating in the air.

"Honestly, I don't know what I really want. I mean, a lot of things I want but I don't know what I really want. can I leave it to you?"

"Is it true? Are you sure?" asked Tet, a little confused.

"Yes, I am sure. Honestly, I feel like I have to thank you for making me not remember the bad things in my previous life, even though I don't remember what happened to me before, but I feel like I have to thank you. Sigh .. this is really confusing" The man said while looking at the clear sky.

"Fine then, leave everything to me !! You can trust me that you will not experience bad and sad things like you experienced in your previous life" Tet said cheerfully.

"Okay, when can I go?" Asked the man.

"Of course now! You should have left since 10 hours ago .. " Tet said with a frown on his face.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'm ready to go now" said the man, straightening his clothes.

"Ok, Bye ... I hope you enjoy your life" Tet said, waving his hand.

"Goodbye, and thanks" The man smiled before his body slowly disappeared.

------------------------------

In a simple but quite spacious room, there was a young man who slowly opened his eyes, his face looked confused and as if he was processing the situation around him, moments later he was talking to himself.

"Suzuki Satoru, Yggdrasil, Nazarick, Overlord. Okay, now I know where I am and what I have to do. But, should I do it? Nazarick will be teleported to the Middle Ages which is full of magic and monsters, although it's quite interesting but I don't really like living in a place like that" The man who was now named Suzuki Satoru spoke to himself.

Even though he is not an Otaku, he also knows many things about anime, especially famous ones like Overlord, so he can plan what he should do next.

"Hmm, well, you better just do it, after all I don't like Suzuki Satoru's life at the moment" He consented while stretching out on the bed.

In the World of 2138, the destruction of the environment had continued at ever-increasing speed to the point where the surface of the Earth was hopelessly polluted; gorgeous nature existed only in video games. The sky was always hidden behind black smog, while the sun making only brief appearances every now and then. Thick, toxic fog frequently covered the cities, so almost no one went out without wearing a gas mask beforehand.

For this reason, DMMO-RPGs became so popular in the twenty-second century was due partially to how interesting the games were, but another reason was probably that so many people wanted to escape their hopeless reality. To players, the DMMO-RPG was not an 'alternate' reality, it had already replaced the real world.

With nature almost completely destroyed, it was highly implied by Suzuki that people have no other choice but to also rely on artificial lungs solely created for their safety to help breath in the current, poor state of the environment

There's no mistaking it, this world is terrible, The practice of traditional farming, which depended on rainwater and sunlight, declined, and all vegetables and grains were cultivated in domes. The price of food inevitably soared, and raw fruits and vegetables became luxury goods that ordinary people couldn't get their hands on.

At the end of the twenty-first century, though the old structure of society was showing signs of strain, it was still intact somehow. But at the beginning of the twenty-second century, with the collapse of the primary-sector industries due to advanced environmental destruction and the drying up of crops, there were food riots in all corners of the country. The riots eventually turned into a coup d'etat, and when the politicians were targeted by the people's discontent, they were tried by the mob.

Into the power vacuum left by the halt of government functions, due to the coup d'etat, came the huge conglomerates, which seized the legislative, executive, and judicial powers. They succeeded in taking over the country.

But the ones who caused the environmental destruction in the first place were the huge conglomerates. If they had protected the environment, there wouldn't have been food shortages or riots. Looking at it that way, it seemed like the world had been being manipulated by the conglomerates for a long time.

'I'm currently inside Suzuki Satoru's body in Overlord Anime, I think this is one of the wishes that Tet gave me. I'm a little curious what my second and third wishes are'

At this moment Suzuki is wearing his protective suit which is equipped with a gas mask, he intends to see the surrounding environment firsthand.

Suzuki walked around his neighborhood which was very bad, only a few blocks he walked, he did not realize that not far from him there was a Role Royce car but it looked more like a mini tank at high speed was heading towards him, the car was honking repeatedly but Suzuki Satoru kept walking around as if he had heard nothing, even the surrounding people shouted loudly to tell Suzuki Satoru but he remained silent in his contemplation.


A few moments later ...

 

<BAMMMMM !!!!>

 

A loud impact sounded that made the people around him hold their breath for a while, then a scream could be heard everywhere. Several people called ambulances and fire engines.

Few people tried to save them, most of them didn't care.

A few moments later several ambulances came to the location and all the victims were evacuated. This incident also made the whole country in an uproar and was reported everywhere.

----------------------------

One month later in the best hospital in Japan.

Suzuki Satoru slowly opened his eyes, what he saw at first was an all-white room which was quite spacious and looked luxurious, a few moments later the pain was felt all over his body. Then he looked at the beautiful Nurse not far from him, before he could speak the nurse looked up at him in surprise.

"You're awake !! Wait a minute, I'll call the doctor" The beautiful nurse immediately ran out of the room in a hurry.

A few moments later several doctors came to check on Suzuki Satoru's health condition.

"How do you feel Suzuki-Kun ??" asked one of the doctors.

"My whole body aches, and also ... I can't feel my legs," Suzuki said weakly.

[A/N: My Leggggss!! My Leggggss!!]

With a little hesitation, the doctor slightly lowered his head and said to Suzuki "Before we wanted to apologize to you, because ... because we could not save your legs and we had to amputate it"

The doctor prepared for Suzuki Satoru's scream of anger and despair, but the thing he had been waiting for did not come, only silence remained in the room. When the doctor lifted his head, he could see Suzuki Satoru's face that did not change and still looked calm, this made all the doctors wonder because they expected this kind of condition from a patient who experienced something like this.

'Okay I have to stay calm, my legs are now gone and my body is injured too. So the question is, can I still play the YGGDRASIL Game? I hope I can still play it, because it will be bad if I remain in this world in this condition' Suzuki Satoru thought.

A few moments later, a man and woman dressed in luxurious clothes entered the room, behind the couple, there were several burly men in clothes and sunglasses that clearly looked like a professional bodyguard.

When they saw Suzuki Satoru's condition the couple looked sad and the woman couldn't hold back her tears.

Finally, the couple introduced themselves and explained what had happened. It turned out that the car they were driving somehow lost control and then crashed into it because the accident was hard enough to make Suzuki Satoru's condition like this. Luckily there were no casualties, especially on his part.

Suzuki didn't have any changes on his face either, because he was still wondering if he could still play the YGGDRASIL Game. Seeing Suzuki's calm face made the couple very sad and scared because they thought that he could not accept his body condition so that he sank into despair.

Suzuki watched the couple for a few minutes, leaving the whole room in awkward silence.

After a while, Suzuki smiled and said ...

"Looks like I know who you are ..."

46