11. Divine Punishment!! Wohooo..!!
1.4k 1 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In one village located on the outskirts of the Re-Estize Kingdom, you can see many villagers doing their own activities. Even though the village looks shabby and poor, the villagers there look happy even though their bodies are thin and wear shabby clothes.

But suddenly 50 soldiers in Baharuth Empire armor came over to the village, making the people there feel panic. And sure enough, what they were worried about happened, because they heard the leader of the army immediately gave the order to attack.

"Kill them all! burn all their houses! Don't let anyone live or escape !!" said the leader of the squad.

"What about the kids, captain?" asked one of the soldiers.

"Are you deaf ?? I said kill them all !!" the captain shouted at his subordinates.

Their conversation was heard by the villagers, which made them feel very desperate. Even if the villagers numbered more than 100 people, they could not fight against the 50 well-trained soldiers in full armor.

Then the troops were divided into several groups, some were in charge of burning buildings, some were in charge of guarding fleeing residents, and some were in charge of carrying out attacks.

"Dear sir, I beg you not to kill our children, they do not know anything, I am willing to die as long as my children stay alive, I beg you" one middle-aged man begged the captain.

"It is your destiny to die under my sword, blame your bad luck to stay in our enemy's territory." After saying that, the Captain kicked the middle-aged man hard on the head which made his head bleed profusely, then he drew his sword and slowly walked towards the middle aged man.

"Father!!" a 13 year old girl screamed and immediately approached the middle-aged man.

"Merelle, what are you doing here, quickly hide !!" The middle-aged man scolded his daughter.

"No, Father !! I will always with you!!" the girl said anxiously.

"You must -"

"Ohh, look at the beautiful girl over there. Hey little girl, I promise I won't hurt your father, but you have to help me with something" said the captain with a grin.

"R-really ?? Tell me what to do. I promise to help you with all I can !!" the girl said firmly.

"It's not that hard, you just have to massage me." The captain said while licking his lips.

"Ehh ..? only that?" asked the girl, confused.

"Of course, why should I lie to you." The Captain said quickly.

"Okay, I'll help you!" said the girl.

"No, Merelle!! Don't listen to him, he lied to you. You will be raped by him, Merelle !!"

<BAMM !!>

The middle-aged man's stomach was immediately kicked by the captain.

"Shut up you old bastard, your child will be mine !!" shouted the captain.

"Please don't hurt my father, I beg you! I will do anything for you, but please don't hurt my father!" shouted the girl, crying.

"GHahaha… sorry little girl, your father will still die. Of course you will also die, but before that you must satisfy me first. Haha..Guhh ... !!" before the captain finished his creepy laugh, suddenly a man in white with beautiful wings on his back appeared in front of him and the man immediately grabbed his neck tightly then threw him like trash against the building wall there.

This rapidly changing situation made the residents and troops around him fall into silence in shock.

"Y-you are ..." one of the soldiers pointed at the man while trembling.

"Look at the sky !!" one of the villagers shouted while pointing towards the sky.

All the soldiers and villagers saw four winged figures hovering in the air.

'They are Angels !!' thought everyone.

The Slane Theocracy teaches that angels are servants of the gods manifested by magic, angels are the embodiment of divine grace and they are pure beings of light. Many Theocracy priests summoned these creatures to defend the Slane Theocracy.

These soldiers had seen angels before, but now they are very confused about why this angel attacked their captain, because what they believed all along was that the angels were always on their side. But the angels who were here sided with the villagers.

"You sinners !! You will soon receive the consequences of all the sins you have committed!" After the High Priest said that, four other angels immediately appeared in the village.

"Sinners will reap what they sow!" The Maiden of Death squealed in a bone-chilling sound as it flapped its wings and charged at the soldiers attacking the village.

"The innocent will be protected by my lord and the sinners will die" The Principality of Protection said in a graceful tone then he flew up and attacked the soldiers.

"Judgment has come, all those who sin will be purified ... IN THE FIRE!" said the Archangel of Judgment and he immediately attacked.

While the angels were attacking, many soldiers were desperate and had lost their will to fight and accept their deaths, and the same happened in other villages.


<Carne Village>

Londes Di Clamp drew his sword from the body of one of the villagers who tried to fight back, several peasants with pitchforks tried to hit him. Of course, it was a simple matter of avoiding the villagers and quickly ending the man's life with a single stab from his sword.

The battle was so unfair that he almost felt bad, but he had orders to follow and he would follow them to the end.

"Let's finish this! Go to the center of the village!"

Londes summoned the sixty people he ordered for this operation. While technically he wasn't officially the commander, he was the one in charge of this army. The person holding the rank of commander was Belius, the son of a noble who bought his rank to be commander. He liked the title but had no interest in leading an army in battle, so he left Londes to do whatever involved leadership.

Even though his commander was useless, Londes was satisfied with the people under his command. Each was a veteran who had fought in the Theocracy's army for many years.

He watched as one of his men, a man named Elion cut down several villagers who were trying to escape. There was no point in killing all the villagers, they needed the news of this attack to spread causing mass discontent and panic in the Kingdom.

"Yarrrrrrgh!"

Londes looked up and saw Elion flying through the air. It was such an absurd sight that neither he nor his soldiers could comprehend it. Elion's armor was made lighter with magic, but it was still heavy, and he was a strong adult man. Who could understand a person flying through the air as if he was being thrown like a ball?

Elion flew more than twenty feet before hitting the ground. The accident made a terrible sound and his body didn't move an inch. Elion's neck bent at an angle that must have broken.

They all suddenly looked up to the sky and saw 5 Angels flapping their wings and floating in the air. And a few moments later the angels immediately attacked the soldiers.

"T-that's A-angel ... why are they attacking us?"

"What are we doing now?"

"Why did the Gods leave us?"

"Is this divine punishment?"

Londes did not have an answer when he heard the questions of his men, his faith was being tested and he did not know what to say to them. He always laughed at the disbelievers who left the Gods Theocracy. His faith is absolute, if there are no Gods then where did the divine magic used by the priests come from? Where do angels come from? He was so sure of his faith, but now his faith has reached its breaking point.

"If there really were gods, why would they abandon us, the Theocracy's people?" He thought but quickly threw away the thought. He needs to focus on getting his men out of here alive.

"Stop talking! We'll reunite with our horses and get out of here!"

Londes stated as he gathered his men to retreat. The people turned from the battle and left their remaining brothers to hold the angels back while they retreated.

Yet as soon as they turned to flee, the angel in silver armor landed a dozen meters ahead of them.

"Do you think you can escape divine punishment?" The angel asked, his voice like the song as his bright wings flapped against his back.

Londes had never heard an angel speak until now, again he was not a priest. He's just a subordinate soldier in the grand scheme of things. He pushed his men away and stood before the angel in silver armor.

"We are soldiers of the Slane Theocracy." Londes surrendered to a trick, he would tell the truth about their mission if it meant saving his life and the lives of these soldiers.

"We serve the Gods, we are saints who do not deserve your wrath. We deserve mercy."

"You stood there with your sword covered in innocent blood and dared to ask for mercy?" The angel asked, his voice filled with heavenly wrath.

"They are only pawns!" Exclaimed Londes as he looked towards where the villagers were.

"We have dedicated our lives to the Gods themselves, our life work is in their name! In your name!"

"Your gods have no power here, and we don't serve them. We serve the highest Gods, and the work of your life has angered him." The angel answered.

"You will be saved so that you can wait for the judgment of the Supreme Being"

The angel raised the holy staff into the air and glowed with magical energy. Londes and his men raised their shields and prepared for one last blow.

[Heavenly Chains]

Londes and his fellow soldiers were shrouded in light and fell to the ground, their limbs all tied with golden chains that restricted their movement completely.

He was fighting the shackles but they seemed to get tighter the more he struggled. After a few seconds of futile struggling, he gave up and burst into tears. He looked up at the sky and fell in despair.

------------------

35