12. DESPICABLE HUMANS!! Ptuii..
1.3k 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though Ainz saved these villages, he deliberately made his angels come after the Slane Theocracy's troops attacked the village, so that there were still casualties, although not many.

This was done so that the villagers would appreciate their life more and also to feel more grateful and indebted for being saved.

Ainz sent mental orders to his angels to bring the soldiers to the villagers, his first priority being to convince the villagers that they were safe.

Ainz floated down and gently landed with Albedo. He was standing in front of a group of villagers. He saw the residents trembling greatly, a mixture of fear and admiration in their eyes, some of them even smiling and the girls in the village had flushed faces that could not even blink when they saw Ainz.

"This is an angel sent by a god!"

"Angels are real? I thought it was a myth created by the church ..."

"He's a divine messenger!"

"Are you sure he is an angel? I thought angels should wear bright armor and have golden wings? But he is dressed in black and also has horns ..."

"YOU DESPICABLE HUMANS!!"  Albedo's voice was heard and silenced all chatter among the villagers.

"The one standing in front of you is Ainz Ooal Gown-sama, the Supreme Being !! He is not a servant of your pathetic gods, he is a God himself."

"T-Thank you, Albedo…" Ainz muttered as he felt a little embarrassed. He cleared his throat and looked at the villagers.

"The words of my subordinates are blunt but true. I do not serve a god and have instead chosen to help you because I see you are in trouble. Be calm, the angels over there are my followers and will not harm you."

Some of the tension left the air but he could see that many of the villagers were still scared and uncertain.

"As village head, allow me to express my sincere gratitude, Ainz Ooal Gown-sama." An older man stated as he stood up and headed towards the front of the group.

"Please forgive us if our words offend you, we are simple people and never had the honor to meet a ... God?" said the old man a little scared.

"Let's save the discussion later, I want to talk to our guest." Ainz turned around and saw his three angels leading the fourteen men, all in chains, while the other two angels were healing the wounded villagers.

After seeing Ainz, some of them cursed, while others knelt down. The person walking in the front of the group, perhaps their leader put their hands chained together in a rough prayer gesture and started praying.

Ainz walked over to him and chuckled as the man muttered a prayer.

"Oh, God of mankind please show me your mercy and help me in-"

"Stop that, praying won't save you." Ainz felt the words he was saying were a little harsh but he could not help it.

"If you don't want this to happen, maybe you shouldn't slaughter innocent people. No wonder your god left you."

He looked around at the people and saw his words had no effect, they were too scared or glared at him in anger.

"But I've said enough, let me introduce myself. I am Ainz Ooal Gown, and I am much stronger than that being that you consider a god."

"I call you a monster!" One of the soldiers shouted from behind. The Maiden of Death smashed the man's face with its scythe hilt causing him to fall to his knees.

"Our god will bring you down ..." He spat out his broken teeth and looked at Ainz with eyes filled with hatred.

"Tell me, where are your gods now? Call them, call their wrath upon me." Ainz spread his arms dramatically and looked up at the sky as if he expected a bolt of lightning to strike him. A few seconds passed and nothing happened so he shrugged.

"You can't? Then they may not exist or have abandoned you. I can't blame them if it is the last. No God wants a worshiper to kill innocent people."

Ainz looked at them and saw that they were at their breaking point. He can read people very well, he knows how they feel and what they are thinking.

"Unlike you, I'm not merciless." He declared in a gentle tone.

"I will forgive anyone who cooperates with me. Everyone who steps forward and submits, they will not be harmed and will not lack their freedom. Those who do not ... well, say, they will be in a much less pleasant state..."

Ainz was not disappointed to see this, but moments later one of the men pushed the soldier beside him away and then he knelt down, an extraordinary feat considering he was still in chains.

"I submit to you completely!" he cried as he bent down as best as possible with his chained body.

"Traitor!"

"Heresy!"

"Rot in hell you Belius!"

The man known as Belius ignored his former comrades and focused instead on Ainz.

"I am in charge of this group of soldiers. I have many uses and know all kinds of information! I am also the son of one of the great noble families of the Theocracy, my parents will pay a lot of treasure for my safe return. If it's not money you are after then I am. can give you influence, if you want to take the Theocracy, I will give you all the influence my family has!"  Belius's statement with passion.

"I left the former god and surrendered myself to your infinite mercy Ainz Ooal Gown-sama!"

"Theocracy?" The village head spoke from behind. "Then why are you dressed as soldiers from the Baharuth Empire?"

"We want to sow discord and worsen relations between the two countries." Belius bent deeper.

"I'm sorry, I'll do whatever I can to make up for it!"

"Very well, Belius." Ainz snapped his fingers and the chains around Belius shifted. They no longer covered his body but were now wrapped around only his hands.

"As I said before, you are not free but will be my prisoners. As long as you cooperate, I will make sure that you are comfortable and that you will not lack your freedom."

"Thank you, loving god! Thank you-Thank you-Thank you!"

Ainz turned to the others.

"Does anyone want to follow their commander's example?"

The four men stepped forward, their heads hanging in shame as their peers cursed at them. When it was clear that no one else was going to step forward, he shook his head.

"I give you a choice." Ainz declared to the remaining soldiers. "And you chose ... a bad choice."

And will Ainz save those who submit to him? Of course not, they would all be treated the same, all the information in their heads would be extracted by Neuronist Painkill. Ainz only gave hope to those who submitted to him at the moment, although he would take that hope back.

Ainz could feel a group of people heading for this village, he knew that it was Gazef and the soldiers of the Re-Estize Kingdom, but there was no point in meeting them, so Ainz decided to leave.

"There will be a group of soldiers coming to this village, but you don't need to worry, because they are on your side. I'll go, take care of all of you," Ainz said.

"Ohh, and also ... you take this. This is called the 'Horns of Goblin General'. If you blow it, a group of Goblins will appear. Order them to protect you" Ainz said as he threw the horn-shaped item at the blonde girl who continued to stare at him.

Yes, it is Enri Emmot. Did Ainz save her parents? Not. Because she always lived the life of a simple farmer's daughter who was raised by a loving family. Her strong personality only appeared after her parents died, and if Ainz wanted Enri to have such a personality, then her parents would have to remain dead.

After delivering the horn, Ainz immediately left with Albedo and the angels.

"Ahh ... they all left" Enri said a little sad to see her savior leave.

"One-san, were they the ones who saved us in the forest earlier?" asked a little girl who is her sister named Nemu Emmot.

"Yes, I saw Ainz Ooal Gown-sama who was floating in the sky casting spells on the soldiers who were after us" said Enri.

"Are father and mother safe?" Asked Nemu worriedly.

"That ... I don't know" said Enri sadly.

"Village head, what should we do now? the other troops will be here soon." Asked one of the villagers.

"Is it true that the troops will not attack us?"

"What if they attack us?"

"Everyone calm down !! I'm sure Gown-sama will not lie to us, after all he saved us, if the army that is coming will attack us, Gown-sama will not leave us" Said the head of the village.

And sure enough, less than half an hour later, an army of fully clothed soldiers approached the village.

"Hello, my name is Gazef Stronoff, Captain of the soldiers of the Re-Estize Kingdom."

"Hello Stronoff-sama, I am the village head in this village." Said the head of the village.

"Are you all all right? Where did the enemy soldiers attacking you go?" Gazef asked.

"They have all left. You don't have to concern yourself with saving us Stronoff-sama. After all, we are only small villagers who have been neglected by the Kingdom" Said the Village Head.

At this time almost all the residents of the Villages who had been saved by Ainz had hatred for the Re-Estize Kingdom because of their inability to protect their own territory from their enemies. Of course, their hatred was aroused by the interference of one of Ainz's angels, the Counselor of Freedom. An angel perfectly suited to serve as Ainz's spokesperson so as to put the villagers on his side.

Of course Ainz could easily brainwash them, but, Heyy ... where's the fun ??

"Were you saved by ... an angel?" asked Gajef.

"It is true. How do you know, Stronoff-sama?" asked the head of the village.

"Before I got to this village I had visited other villages, and those villages have also been saved by the angels" Gazef said.

"It seems that the angels are so kind that they want to leave the sky just to do the work that should be done by you, it only shows that you are not good at protecting your own territory" said the village head.

"Watch your words, old man" one of Gazeff's underlings immediately shouted.

"So what? Are you going to attack me too like the previous soldiers? Just so you know, if the angels don't come to help us, all you will find is a pile of corpses in this village" said the village chief sarcastically.

"You...!!"

"That's enough, but what the village head said was true. If the angels don't come, there will be no survivors. Then, can you tell us everything that happened here?" asked Gazeff.

"Yes, of course..."

"Captain!! Captain, one of our soldiers saw a troop coming here" said a soldier who ran quickly towards Gazeff.

"Looks like enemy troops, everyone ready !! We're leaving !!" Gazef shouted giving orders.

"Sigh, I hope that the angels will come to help us. We'll continue our conversation later ... if I survive. And it's also better that you all leave this village immediately" After saying that, Gazeff and his squad immediately left.

"Village head, do we have to go?" asked a resident.

"No, because I'm sure if something happens in this village, the angels will come to save the village" said the village head confidently.

29