13. Prayer
1.3k 0 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nigun Grid Lewin muttered a prayer in his heart as he prepared himself for the inevitable battle. His men had spread out and soon their prey would come to them.

He and his troops had been praying before the deployment but he felt the need to pray again, asking the Gods to give him the strength to finish this work. His unit, the Sunlight Scripture, often deployed troops to the toughest battlefields and carried out activities that many people found unpleasant. A good example is his current mission.

Even though Nigun was on this mission, he also considered it a terrible waste. While Gazef Stronof was a heretic and a warrior serving the Heretic King of a worthless country, he was still a human equal in strength to the members of the Black Scripture. If Gazef was born in the Theocracy he would probably be in charge of the Scripture or the general of the army, a man who would assist in the safety of mankind. Instead, he was born in a perverted country whose leaders were trying to destroy it.

"That's why this has to be done, so that humanity will survive, but surviving in this Kingdom is not worth it." Gazef's death would weaken the King and allow the Empire to win in the next annual war. With the empire annexing the Kingdom, humanity as a whole will become stronger under the empire's banner. So humans can focus on the real enemy, instead of fighting each other, humans will unite against the monsters that threaten them.

Nigun traced the scars on his face. While he could easily erase it with magic, he chose to keep it to remind himself why he had to do these kinds of things. The woman who gave him that scar was a human, a traitor to his own race. Not only is he a priest who worships a false god but he and his friends have stopped them from eliminating the demi-human village, even having the courage to call him evil.

"Blue Rose…" He muttered as his gaze shifted to Carne Village. "The rest of humanity is blind, but we will show them the right way."

Meanwhile, tens of thousands of meters above the sky.

"Ainz-sama, if I may ask, why are you bothering with… all of this?" asked Albedo, who was hovering beside Ainz.

"This is the beginning of my legend, Albedo."

"I see, are we going to continue saving humans, Ainz-sama?"

"Yes and no, we are not heroes after all and we are not gods of justice or gods of mercy. We will save them if they are of use to me and to Nazarick"

"I understand, Ainz-sama."

"Ohh look at that, it looks like they'll all be fighting soon."

In the distance, Gazef's troops were approaching Nigun's troops who were waiting for them.

"You order all the Eight Edge Assassins to capture all the Slane Theocracy soldiers who are besieging the village"

"Yes, Ainz-sama."

20 minutes later, finally, Gazef's troops were defeated, all dead and nothing left. 15 minutes for the crap Nigun told Gazef and 5 minutes of fighting.

After defeating Gazef, the Theocracy's troops initially waited for his other troops who had surrounded Carne Village, but since none of them had appeared, Nigun ended up following them to Carne Village.

"Kill them all, but don't let their bodies be destroyed, we will resurrect them later." Ainz said.

"As per your orders, Ainz-sama." Albedo took out her Battleaxe, but she did not wear any armor as there was no need to fight soft opponents. All of the Sunlight Scripture warriors almost at the same time immediately died before they could even speak, not even Nigun had time to use his Sealing Crystal.

While Albedo was fighting or rather slaughtering the Theocracy's army, Ainz looked around, he was waiting for someone who was trying to peek at them, and a few minutes later Ainz could feel a prophetic spell coming his way.

Ainz looked at the magic that was coming towards Nigun, then Ainz had the magic aimed at him or rather towards his face. A moment later, there was a sound of explosions emanating from Ainz's body.

<BAMM !!>

A full blast of mana shot out from Ainz's body which made Albedo feel shocked as she watched her lord in the sky. Then she quickly put on his Full Armor and immediately flew towards Ainz to try to protect him from the unknown.

"Ainz-sama, are you all right?" Albedo asked worriedly.

"I'm fine, it's just a prophecy spell trying to spy at us"

"How dare they spy on us, do you know who they are, Ainz-sama? Do we need to bring troops to finish them off?" asked Albedo.

"No need, after all, I've sent a message of my arrival to them. All right, now bring all the troops of the Theocracy and the Kingdom to Nazarick, give them all to the Neuronist, that girl will definitely like him"

"Yes, Ainz-sama."

A few moments later a portal opened, then many demons came out of the portal and brought all the corpses into Nazarick.

"Ohh, aren't they Demiurge's subordinates?" Ainz asked.

"Yes, Ainz-sama. Demiurge has collaborated with Neuronists on information gathering" Albedo spoke beside him.

"Umu, alright. That's all for now, let's go back"

Ainz and Albedo returned to Nazarick. While Ainz went to Paradise Island to relax, Albedo summoned all the Floor Guardians for a meeting.


<Round Table Room>

All of the Floor Guardians had gathered and were waiting for Demiurge who was on his way. They all chatted casually, until a few moments later Demiurge entered the room with a smile on his face, as if he was feeling very happy.

"WHAT.MAKES.YOU.SO.HAPPY,DEMIURGE?" Asked Cocytus.

Demiurge pulled out a chair and sat down between them.

"I just visited the Neuronist and saw the many humans that have been revived there, they all have very interesting information, especially from the Slane Theocracy's army," Demiurge said, raising his glasses slightly then continuing.

"And I think I understand what Ainz-sama is planning. The first is the army of the Re-Estize Kingdom, from one of the corpses there is the most powerful human warrior in the kingdom. I feel that Ainz-sama wants us to conquer the Kingdom from within the kingdom. Ainz-sama had previously given me an item to create a Doppelganger that could perfectly imitate his appearance, nature and even memory. I think this is one of Ainz-sama's goals for delivering the item, so that we can create a doppelganger Gazef and some of his trusted troops. We will also create some doppelgangers who will become the Nobles of the two factions"

"Also ... The Slane Theocracy's troops that have been captured by Ainz-sama are also one of the Six Scripture which is the strongest military force of the Slane Theocracy, namely the Sunlight Scripture. They are the troops often sent by the Slane Theocracy to help the Dragon Kingdom from the Beastmen Country's attacks"

"The conclusion is that Ainz wants me to conquer Beastmen Country and then Dragon Kingdom" said Demiurge.

"Then why did Ainz-sama save the previous villages? Does Ainz-sama only want to save them?" asked Aura.

"I don't think so, while Demiurge will rule the Kingdom from the inside, Ainz-sama will rule the Kingdom from the outside, so that many humans will witness Ainz-sama's greatness firsthand" Albedo said.

"Aura, Ainz-sama asked me to take you to the Territory that I am currently trying to conquer, of course you can refuse. But Ainz-sama said that you might find some interesting pets there" Demiurge said.

"Is it true?? Of course I will! I haven't had a new collection of monsters for a long time" said Aura excitedly.

An hour later they had finished discussing their next plans, but before they parted ways, Albedo received a message.

"Yes, Ainz-sama. Are there any orders for me? ... Yes, Ainz-sama. I understand ... Yes, we are still gathered in the Round Table Room ... Yes, we will be there soon" After saying that, Albedo smiled and looked at the other Guardians.

"Hurry up and say Albedo. What Ainz-sama ordered for us to make you happy!" said Shalltear.

"Ainz-sama sent us all to the 11th floor, his private floor!" said Albedo excitedly.

"R-really ?? After hearing information from Selena about the 11th floor, I really want to go there!" Mare said.

"That's right, I would love to see the pet that Ainz-sama has !! Let's go" said Aura excitedly as she raised her fist in the air.

"Finally I'll go there, I'm really jealous of the Maids who often go there" said Shalltear.

"Alright, let's go now. We must not make Ainz-sama wait long." Demiurge said.

Then Albedo immediately contacted Selena to tell her that they needed a little preparation before heading to the 11th floor.

30