Chapter 1
52 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin Jia at the age of seven years old was sold to the palace to be a servant by his aunt and uncle the reason he was told was because too many mouths to feed. His aunt and uncle have twin sons their age is ten years old.

His parents along with all of the farm animals were killed by robbers last month and the fields were burned to the ground by the robbers too. When all of this was occurring he was swimming with all of the beautiful fish in the lake. When he returned home he saw the corpses of his beloved parents, his precious farm animals brutally slaughtered, and his beautiful fields burned to the ground.

“Congratulations you have been chosen to be the companion to the crown prince. The treatment of a companion is much better than the treatment of a mere servant.” An elderly eunuch commented calmly and Lin Jia simply nods his head. “The crown prince his first name is Liu and his last name is Wang. He is nine years old. Two years older than you. Remember to always say crown prince unless directed otherwise by the crown prince. Ah, I forgot you are mute. Your aunt and uncle had mentioned it.”

Lin Jia followed the elderly eunuch and he was introduced to the crown prince. The elderly eunuch left and there was only silence. He stared at the taller boy such dark brown eyes, such dark black hair, such a fancy hairstyle, and such pale skin along with being neither skinny nor chubby.

“You are going to strain your eyes.” Wang Liu commented gently, he pinched his little companion thin cheeks, and there was a slight frown on his lips for Lin Jia is a bit too thin. “You can stare like this at me in private however not in front of others.”

Lin Jia blinked his bright blue eyes and he was about to rub his eyes, but his thin wrists were lightly grabbed by the crown prince.

“Do not rub your eyes you will hurt them. Just keep blinking until I tell you to stop.” Wang Liu informed him and Lin Jia obeyed the order. After a few minutes Lin Jia was told to stop rapidly blinking and the younger boy nodded his head.

“I know you can draw and write simple words. I know you are temporarily mute. When you are able to speak call me Crown Prince in front of others. However in private you may call me….Liu. I’m putting you in charge informing others about what is to be done with my courtyard area for example removing or adding.” Wang Liu said calmly to the younger boy and gives him a gentle smile. “I do not want to deal with the hassle of it. I do not care what is removed or added.”

“Liu even farm?” Lin Jia asked softly and his voice very quiet for has not been used for an entire month.

“Yes you can even transform my courtyard into a farm.” Wang Liu replied simply and Lin Jia rubs his throat.

“Animals?” Lin Jia asked quietly and his throat hurting, but wants to know right away for it would be a huge change and afraid that he might be hated by the crown prince.

“Yes animals too regardless of whether they be farm animals or not.” Wang Liu told him and he grabs a cup of water for his little companion to drink. “Drink some water. Do not push yourself to speak take it slow.”

Lin Jia nods his head before drinking half of the water in the cup and hands it back to the crown prince. Wang Liu smiles in amusement, drinks the rest of the water, and then he sets the cup down.

“I will give you the items needed to write or draw what you want to be done to my courtyard. Then I will pass it on and it shall be done. You shall sleep in my bedroom for you are my companion and it would not make sense for us to be in separate bedrooms.” Wang Liu told him and Lin Jia nods his head while staring up at the crown prince. “There will be a different bedroom just for show not for you to actually sleep in. You will sleep in the same bed as me for my bed is massive.”

Wang Liu picks up Lin Jia and sets him onto his bed.

“Soft.” Lin Jia mutters and he moves his hands to pat the blanket.

“Yes my bed is very soft, comfortable, and my little companion shall not suffer from an uncomfortable bed.” Wang Liu commented calmly and he pats the younger boy on the head. “I have an important mission for you.”

2