Chapter 75: Close call
1.8k 5 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 75: Close call

...

"Urgh..."

As I tried moving up, I felt an incredibly sharp pain coming straight from my chest, it was so painful that even thought I tried my best, it was useless.

Currently, I was lying down on the floor while facing the ground, and although I couldn't even turn my head to look at what was happening, I could hear the annoyed grunts of Jack and Evvie in the distance, probably running away from the King Slime.

It wasn't long before I noticed an enormous pool of blood under my body, coming right from my chest area. Fortunately, it seemed that my own reflexes actually managed to avoid being hit directly on the heart. Otherwise, I couldn't be having this monologue...

Though I actually lost too much blood with that attack, I'm sure that even the system won't be able to negate that effect of the bleeding completely...

And of course, my suspicions were confirmed right away the moment I opened my status panel to see the current condition of my body... After all, having my chest pierced was not an everyday occurrence.

Name: Aspen (Aeron) 

[Human...]

Age: 20 (39)

-Status: 

[Bleeding: Due to losing too much blood in one go, you cannot auto-regenerate Hp until the bleeding stops on its own] (8 minutes left...)

[Happy!: Movement speed increased and monster spawns reduced]

[Regeneration: Provides increased life regeneration](6 hours left...)

[Ironskin: Increases defense by 8] (6 hours left...)

[Archery: 20% increased arrow damage and speed] (7 hours left...)

[Dryad's blessing: The power of nature protects you]

--->[Grants 8 extra Defense to The Player, and 14 to nearby allies]

--->[Increased health regeneration]

--->[Gives The Player and nearby allies the Thorn potion effect]

--->[You're slightly more loved by nature]

...

[Hp: 24/400]  [Mana: 120/120]

Hour: 17:02 PM

Ahh... fuck that was close...

I better drink a healing potion right now, since my natural regeneration won't work for the time being...

"Urgh... That is, if I manage to somehow move...!"

Come on, come on... I just have to move the bottle to my mouth and start drinking!

Whose idea was that of not implementing a pain-immunity ability in the skill set?! Even for me, this is hard as hell...

...

Soon, a healing potion appeared in my right hand and I did my best to bring it right to my mouth. It ended up taking 4 minutes until I finally started drinking it all up until the last drop.

*Gulp*

*Gulp*

*Gulp*

And although even gulping the liquid was painful to me, I managed to do it eventually.

Soon, body started healing up and the hole in my chest closed up a little bit. Though, the bleeding didn't stop, so I had to guess that I could be stuck with this measly Hp for the next few minutes until the bleeding finally stopped completely.

-Status: 

[Hp: 74/400]  [Mana: 120/120]

I guess I can use the bow for the time being...? Maybe I can use arrows attached to torches so that the insides of the King Slime rise up even higher in temperature?

Though, now that I think about it... that red Jewell in the center of his crown actually allowed him to teleport right above us, so maybe I could take it out somehow and use it to investigate it later... who knows, maybe I can create an artifact that allows me to teleport in mid-fight?

Well, whatever, it's not like I lose something trying in the first place...

Just like a wise man once said in my previous world while playing Terraria.

"What does not kill me, grants me a teleporting device..."

...

°

°

°

In the middle of the forest, three people moved around the giant King Slime while doing their best to bring down the giant titan.

The King Slime, whose size was a few times smaller than when he arrived at this place, was jumping around while trying to smash his enemies as fast as possible, as it knew that it couldn't be able to last for more than a few minutes since the torches attached to its body were evaporating his entire body, and if he didn't find a way to take them out, he could certainly die.

However, due to his great mass, the speed he could reach was not enough for him to escape successfully from these three people. Thus, the only option he had left was to kill two of them, and have the last one take his torches out by threatening him on doing the same he did to the other two.

Unfortunately for him, the three humans were simply too fast for him to kill them. One of them was impossible to hit, as it could hide within the ground right when he tried to aim his spikes to it, the other one was just simply too fast to even move, and while it seemed to be injured in the face, this human was still somehow able to escape from his attacks with ease. Finally, the last one... it seemed to be dead already. However, for some reason it was still moving...

It had managed to kill one of them right a few minutes ago by piercing his chest with one of his attacks right when it was not paying attention. But for some reason, the three humans in front of him didn't seem affected in the slightest by the death of their companion, something that left him flabbergasted.

His time was running out with every second, it could even feel his own body slowly disappearing into the air.

However, it wasn't long before he noticed a small gap in the attention of the Green human, who seemed to be looking at the distance with a relieved expression.

Rapidly, a spike appeared on its body and pointed directly in the direction of the green human before being launched at great speed.

However...

*Woooooosh!!*

Right before it could pierce through the body of the human, a giant spear made out of wood came out of the ground and pierced directly the spike right in the center, destroying it and preventing like that the death of the human, who looked dumbfounded at what had just happened.

Not only that, but soon the giant spear started moving rapidly towards the body of the King Slime, aiming to pierce it completely.

*Clang!!!!*

Unfortunately, the body of the giant Slime, although made out of gel, had an enormous amount of gel which helped to stop the Spear right before it managed to cut the muscles of the King Slime. Though the Spear was still nailed to its body...

Soon, in the distance, the King Slime managed to spot a certain figure making its way towards them at great velocity.

The human that he was supposed to have killed before, was now coming towards them with a smirk on his face!!

And just then...

*Rumble...*

...

*Clang!!!*

The spear, which was until now unmovingly attached to the insides of the King Slime, suddenly gave a spin and took with it the giant crown on top of the King Slime's head with it. Launching it several meters away, and leaving the King Slime completely harmless...

"I've come back, quite the enormous hole you made on my chest though... it will take some time to heal, also... now you can't escape, right?"

*Shrieeeeeeeeeeek-!!!*

Dozens of Giant Chainsaws started coming out of the ground, and made their way towards the King Slime, who looked frozen on the spot right after losing its crown (Even though it was actually covered in fire).

"Now let's see what rewards do you give me 'Devourer'..."

...


Sorry for the long wait, U.U, my teachers became crazy and started giving me homework all this week, and sincerely I was to tired to even write a chapter.

Anyways, I've finally finished all of them, so I guess the chapters are coming back! Even more so now that winter holidays are coming soon. And since I don't have anything else to do, I guess I will write more than usual.

Who knows, maybe one day I will go back to the old schedule when I wrote a chapter per day, though that was only when I had begun writing this series...

Anyways, that's all for today.

Bye bye...

73