Chapter 112: Pirate from ancient times
1.4k 7 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 112: Pirate from ancient times


...

'Good' Currently, I was looking at the shocked pirate Captain who had his heart suddenly pierced by my attack. Without his knowing, I have been practicing my elemental magic with him to probe the new effect of the blessing that the Goddess gave me. After all, now that I had this blessing, the costs of mana had reduced, even more, not to mention that the mana inside me has grown even bigger, now I could try new ways of using magic without fear of getting out of mana.

Thus, I tried something that I had in my mind for some time, condensing fire magic into one point, and releasing it as a ray without having my hand explode. Fortunately, I had enough control and proficiency to have my hand blew up, and successfully created a death ray that pierced the captain's heart.

And indeed, there were now many uses he could give to these elemental types of magic, just like with nature control, there was an incredible amount of new possibilities and attacks he could develop to kill his enemies with ease. 

"D-damnit... How can I, Jack Morgan, die in a pla-"

*Bam!!*

The pirate captain tried to say something, but I hit his face and knocked him unconscious before he could talk anymore.

"No need for monologues... Just die quietly" 

He fell to the ground powerlessly, and I threw at him some gel so that his body could burn more easily.

Why am I doing that? Well, to make sure he doesn't resurrect or something like that. Better to turn him into ashes than to have to fight his final transformation or some shit like that.

'Not to mention...'

As I looked at the gun this guy had used a moment ago, I smiled happily seeing that now I finally got a hold on a real gun!

Now I could study it and use it to make even more weapons by studying the mechanism. I had no idea how guns worked, so this was a perfect opportunity to learn.

And judging by its speed and power, this gun might be even stronger than the mini shark. Though I am still not sure if it's stronger than the Megashark, either way, it's still a good weapon to have, especially now that I have to deal with skeleton when I go back home.

"Useless piece of shit..."

Suddenly, the voice of someone completely unknown reached my ears, his voice came from the same spot where the burning corpse of the pirate Captain was lying.

When I looked over, I saw the figure of a floating skeleton of ethereal appearance looking in disgust at the burning body. His appearance was exactly like what a pirate that had been very successful would be, he had several gold ornaments across his whole body, and many parts of his body had been substituted by mechanical limbs.

However, despite this, he still looked somewhat translucent, as if he was not physical like me or anyone in this Kingdom...

Moreover, he was carrying an enormous sword in his hand that made me doubt whether this guy was stronger physically than the pirate Captain.

All in all, this guy looked exactly like a ghost. But I didn't remember something like this in the game... Did I miss it? 

Well, I certainly wasn't very much attracted to the Pirate Invasion, and most of the time I would leave it aside. If it happened naturally, then whatever, but I certainly wasn't interested in summoning it on my own. Thus, I don't really remember whether the pirate captain had something like this...

However, since I was so confused, I decided to look into his eyes to see his status.

°{Pirate Curse}°

Name: James Stoney

Title: Blackbeard, the terror of the seas/Inmortal

Race: Evil spirit

-Status-

[Spiritual sustain: After researching intensively the topic of immortality, this being managed to develop a method of sustaining his soul without the need of a corporeal body. However, not satisfied with that, this being also gained the ability to take over other people's bodies by slowly fusing and converting their minds into his]

[Enhanced Body: This being surpassed the limits of his race, and developed strength and resistance beyond what any human could imagine, all of this at the cost of having his mind get exposed to a dangerous amount of chaotic energy]

[Hp: 3000/3000]

[Mana: 546/600)

-Strength: 270

-Stamina: 0

-Resistance: 0

-Defense: 0

-Comprehension: 19

-Mental stability: 1

-Mental power: 10

His strength is 270...?

Yeah, why not... And here I am with my 45 meager points of strength...

Fortunately, he is by no means tanky like those bosses from before... I wonder if the Goblin commander had the same stats as him?

Whatever that fellow is dead already. If I was able to kill him, then this one is going to be easy peasy as well.

Well, that goblin wasn't exactly easy peasy... But you get the point.

"So much effort for this piece of trash to die before I can even take over his body, I should have simply killed him at the moment I saw him, he didn't seem worthy of becoming my vessel anyways... But in the end, my impatience got me... Now I have to find another vessel for my spirit... And I think I got just the right answer...!"

As the pirate ghost turned to look at me, it immediately raised its sword into the air and aimed it towards my neck with unbelievable strength.

His speed was no joking matter, even the goblin commander seemed like a turtle against this guy... Is it because he doesn't actually have weight...?

Unfortunately for him, it was not something I couldn't handle. So I jumped back several meters and separated myself from him just in case he had some strange ability to possess bodies.

I took out my newly acquired gun and started barraging him with bullets.

*TATATATATATATA!!!*

Fortunately, he wasn't fully intangible as the bullets were indeed damaging his body... I think...

Well, At least his Hp was decreasing steadily, so I could guess that they were doing something at least.

"You dare use my precious betty against me? Youngsters these days are really don't have respect for other people's pertinence...!"

The ghost launched itself against me once again and swung the sword at a completely illogical speed as the sword seemed to weigh at least a ton... Well, now I knew what my enemies felt when fighting against me...

Unfortunately for him, I wasn't in a mood to play with him for more time...

I gathered an enormous amount of mana in my hand while dodging each of his attacks with ease, and then released an enormous gust of wind in his direction.

"W-what?! Wait...!!"

*Fuooooooosh!!*

Before he could even say something, the gust of wind sent him flying outside of the room and made him retreat several meters high into the sky, away from MY ship.

Fighting inside a room was a bit exhausting, not to mention that this ship was now my property, so damaging it more would be counterproductive...

As I glanced at his annoyed eyes, his status once again showed up to me for display.

°{Pirate Curse}°

Name: James Stoney

Title: Blackbeard, the terror of the seas/Inmortal

Race: Evil spirit

-Status-

[Spiritual sustain: After researching intensively the topic of immortality, this being managed to develop a method of sustaining his soul without the need of a corporeal body. However, not satisfied with that, this being also gained the ability to take over other people's bodies by slowly fusing and converting their minds into his]

[Enhanced Body: This being surpassed the limits of his race, and developed strength and resistance beyond what any human could imagine, all of this at the cost of having his mind get exposed to a dangerous amount of chaotic energy]

[Hp: 1729/3000]

[Mana: 546/600)

-Strength: 270

-Stamina: 0

-Resistance: 0

-Defense: 0

-Comprehension: 19

-Mental stability: 1

-Mental power: 10

As expected, dealing with a boss like this was easy peasy when compared to when I dealt with the Goblin commander several months ago...

Fuuu~ I even had this faint feeling of wanting to fight that goblin once again just to trash him completely, unlike when we fought to the death in that war...

As I glanced around, I noticed how several walls had been destroyed completely due to the gun I acquired...

"More work for me later..."

Sighing, I once again turned to look at the angry ghost, and lifted my middle finger towards him in a taunt... Which worked pretty well as he seemed to have gotten pretty angry after he saw me do it.

"Damned brat, don't you think this is over!!!"

*Fuoooooosh!!*

The ghost dashed towards me once again and tried to attack me with his sword. However, before he could even do something I created a gust of wind with my hand and knocked him several meters away from the ship.

"..."

"..."

The ghost looked at me dumbfounded, before he then tried to rush towards me once again, but right as he was about to reach me with his sword I created another gust of wind and knocked him away.

*Fuoooooosh!!*

...

"... Aren't you gonna fight me?" The ghost looked at me with an upset expression while raising an eyebrow in discontent.

"Yeah, but like this..." I took out my newly acquired gun and started strafing his ugly face with hundreds of bullets per second.

*TATATATATATATA!!!*

"Godamnit...! Come here you little...!" 

*Fuoooooosh!!*

The ghost tried to approach me again, but was soon repelled by my newly improved wind magic, and then started being riddled with hundreds of bullets again.

He tried running away while being attacked, but I used wind magic to bring him towards me and kept him in place so that he wouldn't escape.

This continued for a while... Until his Hp ended up becoming mere scraps of what it was before

...

°{Pirate Curse}°

Name: James Stoney

Title: Blackbeard, the terror of the seas/Inmortal

Race: Evil spirit

-Status-

[Spiritual sustain: After researching intensively the topic of immortality, this being managed to develop a method of sustaining his soul without the need of a corporeal body. However, not satisfied with that, this being also gained the ability to take over other people's bodies by slowly fusing and converting their minds into his]

[Enhanced Body: This being surpassed the limits of his race, and developed strength and resistance beyond what any human could imagine, all of this at the cost of having his mind get exposed to a dangerous amount of chaotic energy]

[Hp: 56/3000]

[Mana: 548/600)

-Strength: 270

-Stamina: 0

-Resistance: 0

-Defense: 0

-Comprehension: 19

-Mental stability: 1

-Mental power: 10

As his weak body fell to the floor of the ship, I approached slowly with my hand raised towards his head.

"You got cheesed filthy animal"

" Cheese...what?"

"Nothing... nothing at all... Very well, time to go home"

I gathered fire magic in my hand, and then prepared myself to end this pointless battle. However, right as I was about to do it the pirate suddenly raised his hand in surrender and looked at me with a terrified expression.

"Wait wait, don't kill me! If you kill me this ship will stop working as it's bound to my soul! You want it right? Just take me as a prisoner and you will get the ship as well!!"

...

Seriously...?

...


 

59