Chapter 1
684 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey dad, Hey, dad! Let me play with Marill. Please! Pretty Please!"

At around six years old, a child looks at his father, showing pleading eyes that say he will not look away till he says yes.

The man who looked to be in his early thirties with brown hair while looking at the child's green eyes before him sighs before reaching to his belt.

From his belt, he grabbed an instrument known as a Pokeball used for capturing wild Pokémon.

It was red on top and white at the bottom with a black line between the colors with a silver button in the front.

It was the size of a ping-pong ball, but as the man pressed the button, the Pokeball enlarged itself to the size of a baseball.

He grabs it with a firm hold before throwing it up, letting out a dazzling blue and white light till the light converges, forming a figure.

As the light dissipates within a second, Marill appears in its place.

Marill!

No matter how many times the child with vibrant green eyes witnesses this scene, his face never fails to light up.

"Marill, let's go play!" said the child looking at Marill. Hearing his, Marill nodded. He started to take off with Maril in tow heading out the house, before looking back to his father, "Thank you, Dad!" waving him goodbye.

The man looks at him, "Make sure you don't wander too far into the forest. Do you hear me, Shawn? If I find you in trouble again, there will be no playtime with Marill. And you will also be grounded for a week." The man said with a stern face.

"Okay, I'll be careful!" replied the already distant Shawn.

"What will I do with this child," says the man as he glances at a portrait placed on a nearby wall. In the picture, you could see a couple holding a child of recent birth. The man glances at it a bit more, reminiscing about his wife before mumbling, "I wish you were here Elena being a single dad is hard."

-------

You could see a child running along the edge of the forest with a blue figure just above half his size following behind him in the outskirt of the town.

As Shawn was running along the edge of the forest.

Not knowing of the danger lurking nearby as a figure rapidly flashes by.
Taking a glance at Shawn before sprinting towards him, the figure in the shape of a rat started to gather electricity as it ran.

Right as it was about to unleash the accumulated electricity towards the child. The blue bob behind the child turned around, releasing a powerful stream of water towards the yellow rat.

As it watched, the stream of water heading towards it evaded it with relative ease, as it releases the thunder towards Shawn.

Shawn, hearing the distinct sound of Marill's water gun, turns around to see why Marill had shot out a water gun.

Only to see a flash of yellow head towards him, knocking him unconscious.

-------

As Shawn was relatively close to his home, the sound of battle did not escape the ears of Shawn's trained father.

With a gut feeling, something happened to Shawn. He rushes out of the house.

He was an expert trainer in the area as his Pokémon were relatively stronger than the average trainer. He was known as Dom, the player since he cheated many people out of their money, knowing full well the opponent would lose.

While heading towards the sounds of battle, he reaches for a Pokeball. Throwing it unleashes a dog with dark fur and silver horns on the head and silver bumps on its back along with a devilish tail.

"Houndoom, protect Shawn," shouts Dom as he points towards the sound of battle over the hill in the distance.

Hearing its, trainer Houndoom rushes towards the sounds of battle, disappearing into the distance.

As it reaches over the hill, it looks down, seeing Marill fighting against a yellow rat.

Looking for Shawn, it finds him a bit away from the battle, lying on the ground unconscious.

Knowing that its trainer would be furious, it unleashes its anger at being unable to fulfill its order.

It rushes to the yellow rat only to tackle hard enough to send it a couple meters away.

Before lunging towards its target with its mouth wide open, preparing to use crunch.

Right before Houndoom could close its mouth, the yellow rat uses its tail to maneuver its way of Houndoom's grasp.

Quickly touching the ground allowed it to use its speed to promptly evading the consecutive attacks from Houndoom.

Getting fed up with the yellow rat's antics.

Houndoom starts gathering heat within itself before unleashing a powerful blast of fire towards the yellow rat, only for it to miss, hitting a tree.

Looking at its mistake, Houndoom looks for Marill before running towards the blue blob and putting Marill onto its back as it quickly returns to the fire.

Leaving Marill to deal with the fire, it tries to find the yellow rat to get revenge, only to discover that it had disappeared.

Losing its target, it turned its attention back to Marril and the fire before noticing the fire was slowly letting up.

Looking back at Shawn, Houndoom sees Dom picking up Shawn before running off into the distance towards the town.

7