Chapter 3
457 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took around a day since I gained control of my body.

As I opened my eyes, glancing at my surrounding, I noticed a dog lying by the door of the room.

I could see its ear twitch before lifting its head in my direction. I must have felt my gaze.

It was a Houndoom.

From what I could remember, my father only has three Pokémon, Marill, Pinsir, and of course Houndoom.

I was frightened whenever I looked at a Houndoom before gaining my previous life's memories, but now with my memories, I felt excitement as a smile crept up to my face.

As I left the bed, Houndoom came by my side, sniffing every inch of me, trying to make sure I was okay.

I couldn't resist the urge to pet Houndoom.

In fact, Houndoom was shocked, seeing me pet him as I would always run away from it.

Getting over its shock, it started to do what dogs do and stuck out its tongue, lying down on the ground, asking for a belly rub.

After a while of engrossment of rubbing Houndoom all over, I heard the door open as an aged man with a square face and lab coat entered the room.

"Shawn, you finally woke up. I've never seen anyone, but Ash sleep for more than a day."

That reminds me, I seem to be born in the same year as Ash and Gary, all within a couple of months of each other's birth.

My age was in between Ash and Gary.

Ash being the youngest and Gary the oldest.

Remembering professor Oak was in the room, I asked questions. About where we were, what the town's name was, the year, and the surroundings.

Professor oak answered, "We are in a small town called Pallet town located in a valley with woods surrounding the valley, the year is 2004, to the north is Pewter city, to the east, and west is filled with mountain ranges. Beyond the mountain range on the west of Pallet town is Newtown, a recently added town. While beyond the other mountain range leads to the ocean. To the south of Pallet town is a harbor town called Newport."

"Okay, thanks, Professor Oak!" I said in a rather hasty manner as I tried to dash away from the old man.

"Hold on there. I need to ask you about the Pokémon who attacked you the other day."

Hearing Professor Oak's words, I stopped and my tracks as I tried to remember what happened during that time.

I remember seeing a flash of lighting heading towards me before losing consciousness, but I remember hearing a pika pika, which leads to the most obvious conclusion.

"Pikachu!"

"Hmmm..... I don't recall Pikachus being around in this area. Either way, this is an excellent chance to catch one." mumbles Professor Oak as his eyes start to shine while his hand rubs his chin.

"Okay, Professor Oak, I will cheer you on because I want revenge on this Pikachu," as I looked at him with a righteous face.

"Hmmm..... if I can catch it, I will see what I can do."

"Okay, thanks Professor, I will head back home," as I waved goodbye.

"Take care now!" shouts Professor Oak to make sure I heard him.

As I head back home with Houndoom right alongside me, I ran into an unexpected duo arguing about something.

As I got close, they eventually notice getting excited before asking at the same time.

""Shawn, what do you think is the best starter Pokémon?""

They looked at me with expecting eyes, probably hoping I could help them with the argument.

If I had to decide between Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur as the best starter, Bulbasaur would be the obvious choice to clear the first two gyms.

But that was in a game. This is real life, so without much information, I had to choose the coolest one.

"Charmander is the best starter."

As my words came out, Ash leaped with joy as Gary gave me a disappointed look.

"I thought you were kinda smart, Shawn. I didn't expect you to be like this twerp over here."

"Who you calling a twerp when the twerp here is you, Gary!" yelled Ash in an indignant tone.

"Just what a twerp would say!" responded Gary.

Shaking my head over their argument, I continued walking towards my house.

As I was walking back, I remembered that I had to figure out whatever happened to my mom?

This should also be the Kanto region, yet my father has Pokémon from the Johto Region.

Hmm, it seems like I need a lot of learning to do if I want to be the best trainer in this world.

Finally arriving at my house from the past six years, I kept those thoughts in mind as I entered.

Right away, I could see my father lying on a couch right in the living room,

As I shake my head, I looked at Houndoom before telling it to lick my father, which it happily complied.

Woken up by Hound surprised to him here, he glances at the entrances seeing me his face lights up with joy, with a huge smile plastered onto his face.

As I kept staring at my father, his looks reassured me that I would be a ladies' man when I grew up.

5