Chapter 5
494 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Trees, grass, the sound of the wind as it brushes my ears, the morning sky.

The start of my journey as I headed my way to Pewter City.

After receiving Bulbasaur's Pokeball and six other Pokeballs along with a Pokedex from Professors Oak, I went back home to pack the items I will need on my journey.

Before leaving the house, I said my final goodbyes to my father as I won't be seeing him in person for a while.

I had closed the doors when I heard my old man sobbing through the wooden door.

I had a feeling to go back to my father and tell him that I would come back often, but I didn't do so since that would interrupt any plans that I may have in the future. Instead, I shouted with a shaking voice, 

"Listen to me, old man! I may not be coming home any time soon, but I will be sure to keep in touch,"

I left as soon as I could.

Well, it's been a couple of hours since I left Pallet Town. 

Although my goal right now is to head over to Pewter City, I still have to test my cheat ability from God and see if there is anything else I could notice.

As I journey through the forest, I saw countless Common Pokémon in the passing. 

My attempts in trying to gather their information were rather tedious.

At times the information would pop up after a while, while others would require a longer time. 

I wonder if it's just a matter of practice, or could it have been affected by getting memories sooner than I was supposed to, but if that was the case, it should be fine since I am ten now, right? Who knows.

There were a few Uncommon Pokémon in the passing, but I didn't bother capturing them as their stats were a bit unbalanced in some ways. 

The stats were lower than the Common members of their species.

An example was an Uncommon Pidgey I saw on a tree branch along with another Common Pidgey.

The Uncommon Pidgey only had three more levels than the Common ones, but even then, the Common Pidgey had a higher speed and attack than the other Pidgey.

Hmmm.......

I need more information. 

Maybe the Pidgey was hurt.

Sadly I didn't bring a book and a pen with me. It passed my mind as I was too excited to start my journey. 

I guess I will try and remember my thoughts until I can get something to record the information.

Anyway, I didn't participate in a battle along the way as I wanted to find a suitable place to settle for a while.

I wanted to find out what moves Bulbasaur could do and get used to commanding a Pokémon. 

If possible, maybe even try to explain a move to Bulbasaur.

Who knows? This world isn't a game. It's reality, and in reality, martial artists have to make attempts at their combo moves till they succeed.

I figured so can Pokémon.

-------

After another hour of walking, I found a nice clearing in the woods by a freshwater lake, there were a couple of Poliwags in the vicinity, but none of them caught my eye.

As I set up a campfire to cook some food, I reached towards my belt, pulling out the Pokeball containing Bulbasaur.

I threw it, summoning Bulbasaur.

As Bulbasaur takes in its surroundings, it runs around happily.

"Bulbasaur, come over here!" I yelled to get Bulbasaurs attention.

Bulbasaur, hearing my voice, happily runs over to me before sitting in front of me.

"Bulbasaur, can you show me vine whip?" 

As Bulbasaur heard my words, it proceeded to unleash vine whip, which extended a couple of feet onto a nearby tree. 

The vine caused the tree to shake enough to cause a multitude of leaves to fall. 

After hitting the tree a couple of times, I proceeded to tell Bulbasaur to do a tackle against the tree.

Bulbasaur proceeded to run towards the tree. 

As soon as Bulbasaur was about to reach the tree, it increased its speed before ramming into the tree, causing fewer leaves to fall than the wine whip.

This strength of the moves aligns with what I could on Bulbasaur's stats.

I wonder how Physics works in this world. 

I know I had four years, but I didn't bother trying to learn the exact differences between the World of Pokémon and earth.

I know I am determined to be the best trainer in this world.

But trying to learn Physics and sitting down for hours isn't my thing, you know?

Especially since I did not have to go to school in this world, no one would volunteer to go to school again, not when you can make money by beating people in Pokémon battles or participating in Contest, at least I don't think.

I was mostly taught random knowledge by my father whenever he was up to it or when I asked him about something.

Even then, most of my information came from the internet in Professor Oak's lab.

-------

I continued training Bulbasaur for a while and quickly got used to commanding my Pokémon better.

I tried teaching Bulbasaur ahead of time leech seed and razor leaf but to no success as Bulbasaur didn't understand my descriptions.

Crunch!

I heard a twig snap. 

I thought about getting actual experience and never expected my first opponent to come before me. 

I turned around to see Pokémon slithering out of some bushes, stopping before me, hissing.

Ekans!

Quite a disadvantage but not enough!

Ekans - Uncommon

Lv 7 

Hp 30

Atk 50

Def 40

Sp. Atk 50

Sp. Def 54

Spd 70

CS 10

Ughhh, an Ekans that's a bit weaker than other Ekans but makes up for it with its speed along with it's combat experience.

With a foe in the vicinity, Bulbasaur prepares for battle by getting in between Ekans and me.

Before I could decide how to start the battle, Ekan gives off a fierce glare, obviously using Leer.

It was successful as Bulbasaur takes a step back with hesitation.

But I didn't hesitate, "Bulbasaur, vine whip, let's go!"

As soon as I finished my words, vine whip was already coming towards Ekans.

Seeing the vine whip approaching, Ekan shoots out an acid to which Bulbasaur quickly evades, causing vine whip to miss.

An acid attack, how???

In the games, Ekans didn't learn acid till level 8, so how did this level 7 Ekans know beforehand.

I guess I was right, probably through battle experience and insight.

Hmmm, I tried explaining the moves to Bulbasaur. 

Maybe next time I should try other methods.

Returning my focus towards the battle, I cautiously tell Bulbasaur to back off as I didn't want Bulbasaur to get too close to Ekans to prevent a poison sting.

Also, I wanted to get close enough to a pile of rocks in hopes of getting Bulbasaur to use its vines to launch those rocks towards Ekans.

I mean, sure, that's not what you would do in the game, but this is reality, plus it's a wild Pokémon. 

Who is it going to snitch to?

As soon as we got close enough to the rocks, Ekans dashed towards the campsite, quickly grabbing my bag in its mouth before slithering away.

I never expected such a thing to happen. 

I didn't chase after it because we wouldn't be able to defeat. 

We lacked experience and strength.

Either way, there wasn't anything valuable in that backpack. The items inside were a change of clothes and a couple of snacks. 

I had my spare Pokeball on the belt, which my father gifted me for my tenth birthday and my money in my back pocket.

I only planned to stay a while in the woods since Pewter city is only less than a day's walk away from Pallet Town.

Also, my food was already cooking over the campfire.

Bulbasaur!

Bulbasaur sat down as it sulked at having lost its first battle even if Ekans was the one who ran away.

"Don't worry about it," as I consoled Bulbasaur, I heard footsteps heading towards us.

Looking at the figure of the person emerging from the shadow of the tree, 

"Say now, Shawn, quite a disappointing battle that was," mocked Gary.

"Hahaha, it is to be expected as there isn't an exactly Pokémon center nearby in case Bulbasaur got poisoned."

"I was planning on battling you, but after seeing you lose against a wild Pokémon, I feel like battling you would make me worse."

Ignoring Gary's words, I heading towards the campsite before saying, "Oh, really? How about this let my Bulbasaur rest up for a while, then we will have a battle with a little wager on the line." 

"Oh, how much?" 

As I served myself some mushroom stew I left cooking, I contemplated a bit before raising two fingers.

"Two hundred yen?" questions Gary as he contemplates whether to accept or not.

Before he could say yes, I corrected him, "No, not two hundred yen. I want to wager two thousand yen."

At the end of my words, Gary starts to visibly sweat, taking a long while to decide whether to accept, 

"You know, Shawn. I don't like taking chumps money, so let's just do a friendly battle, ehh?"

Of course, he didn't accept, Gary's either not confident in beating me, or he probably doesn't have two thousand yen, in case if I won, he wouldn't be able to pay.

As for how I have two thousand yen?

It's from all the money I saved since I regained my memories. 

I would sometimes do simple tasks for Professor for some cash. He was a stingy old man.

I have about five thousand five hundred yen, five thousand over the years of saving, while the five hundred came from my old man.

Hmmm..... before the battle, I should take a look at Gary's Pokémon, just in case.

3