Chapter 6
417 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I asked Gary what Pokémon he chose as his starter Pokémon.

Looking at me smugly, he pulled out a Pokeball summoning a Squirtle.

Squirtle was spinning on its shell's front before jumping and making a pose as if to announce its presence. 

Ignoring its pose, I stared at it. 

After a while, the screen finally popped up.

Squirtle - Uncommon

Lv 6

Hp 45

Atk 45

Def 68

Sp. Atk 57

Sp. Def 64

Spd 44

CS 7

It seems that Gary's already battle a couple of Pokémon to level his Squirtle to level six.

I wonder how many Pokémon it took since, in the game, all you had to do was beat your rival's Pokémon in the first battle to reach level six.

I see that the experience of its battles allowed Squirtle to increase its combat strength.

As Gary kept boasting about his exploits in his journey, I took a leaf from a nearby bush before looking at Bulbasaur and throwing it as best as I could.

I kept grabbing nearby leaves, throwing them in front of Bulbasaur.

Just when I thought that Bulbasaur wouldn't understand the meaning behind me throwing leaves.

The leaf I had just thrown was split in half.

Just past the opening between the leaf's half's were leaves that were sticking into the ground.

I quickly turned my head to Bulbasaur, when Bulbasaur was already gazing at me with a happy expression.

Bulbasaur!

Success! Now I wonder how far I can take this? 

The question, would it be sufficient to show Bulbasaur videos on its future moves. 

As I let my thoughts wander while looking at the early evening sky, I'm reminded we don't have much time to get to Pewter City.

We better get this battle over if I want to sleep in a comfy bed.

With that thought in mind, I gazed over to Gary only to see that Gary was still in his own world, shamelessly boasting about his achievements.

Perhaps noticing my gaze, he stopped returning a stare of his own, saying I won't lose, you know.

"Let's get this over with. Gary, I still have to find a good hotel to stay in."

"You know we finally agree on something. Even so, don't disappoint me too much."

I gave a nod before getting up from the ground, patting over anything that may be sticking to me.

I need to buy some more camping utensils once I reached the next town.

Just for your information, I have never left Pallet town in the past four years, and Pallet town doesn't really have much either way. 

After all, it is a really small town.

We both walked away from each other to what we deemed was an appropriate distance, around a dozen meters, if I had to say.

With our Pokémon already outside their Pokeball, we had them take their respective places.

"It will be a one on one battle till the trainer has surrendered, or one of the Pokémon has been knocked out," I said, affirming the conditions of the battle.

Seeing Gary nod, I also nodded before shouting,

"Start!"

"Bulbasaur, get close to Squirtle."

"Squirtle, meet them with a tackle of your own."

Seeing Squirtle and Bulbasaur getting closer and closer, "Bulbasaur use vine whip before Squirtle gets too close."

Bulbasaur, hearing my commands, quickly stops once it deemed Squirtle was in the range of its vine whips.

Squirtle seeing the vine whips quickly approaching evades one before trying to withdraw into its shell for the other, only to get smacked on the head by the other vine whip before withdrawing, causing the vine whips to hit Squirtle's shell.

Having a flash of inspiration, Gary shouts, "Squirtle, use water gun to propel yourself to Bulbasaur!"

The force of the water coming outside the holes of Squirtle's shell causes it to start rotating before it starts to approach Bulbasaur quickly.

"Bulbasaur, use your vines to stop the shell. Aim where the water is coming out."

Bulbasaur attempts to use its vines to stop Squirtle shell from approaching it.

However, the force that Squirtle had gathered prevented the vines from getting in and getting a grip on it.

Instead, the speed at which Squirtle's shell approached it slowed, enough for Bulbasaur to endure it before knocking away with its head.

Feeling that it was in the air, Squirtle quickly tried to gather its momentum to prevent itself from falling onto its back.

However, before it could, it felt the force of various objects hitting it from the direction of Bulbasaur.

The force of razor leaf caused Squirtle to lose its momentum, landing on its back, trying its best to quickly on its feet, to no avail.

Seeing the situation, Gary was about to send another command, but a split second before he could, vines whips consecutively hit Squirtle on its head, knocking it out.

Bulbasaur! roared Bulbasaur, declaring itself the winner.

"I lost," sighed Gary, "hahaha Shawn, don't think you've won just yet, we will see with time who really is the best trainer, smell ya later." Gary took out a Pokeball, presumably Squirtle, before recalling Squirtle back into it.

"Wait, Gary, let's head to Pewter City together. It's better to travel with companions."

Gary paused for a good moment before replying, "You know what? Sure, but we will have to answer any questions the other has."

I nodded my head as I asked the first question, "What did you do to the Pokémon you fought before running into me?"

"Duh, I captured them," responded Gary mockingly.

"Would you capture the same Pokémon again?"

"Well, I wouldn't fight a Pokémon that I have already captured. It's etiquette that one would battle wild Pokémon in the means to defend yourself, or you have intentions to capture it."

I guess it's different. I mean, it is reality. I can't just go around beating up Pokémon willy nilly leaving behind unconscious Pokémon.

"So how many Pokémon have you captured, Shawn?"

I ignored Gary's question as he helped me clean up the campsite to continue our trip to Pewter City.

-------

On our way to Pewter City, we saw many Spearow off in the distance, a four-hour distance walk behind us.

As much as I wanted to help Ash, I wasn't going to get into trouble, and I wasn't going to walk back that distance.

I wanted to sleep in a comfortable bed, plus have no more rations with me.

I kept looking at the Pokémon passing by, trying to get more used to pulling the tab of information out quickly. 

I spotted a rare Pidgey. As I was going to make a move, Gary had already called dibs.

I didn't want to argue with Gary wasting time, so I let him have it.

 After all, this world is large. There are countless other Pokémon. One rare won't hurt.

-------

I was wrong. 

We finally arrived at Pewter City, but that Pidgey was the only rare Pokémon on that entire trip. There weren't even any Epics!

As the sun was starting to go down, we walked onto the streets of Pewter City. 

On the street, few people were walking at this time of day, cleary in their house spending time with their family members.

We quickly located the Pokecenter to leave our Pokémon overnight with Nurse Joy.

When I first laid my eyes on Nurse Joy, I was shocked, absolute beauty.

 I now understand why Brock is in love with Nurse Joy, which reminds me, I should find Officer Jenny.

We check ourselves into a hotel near the Pokecenter. 

We decide that we would split and enjoy our separate journeys.

Gary was going to challenges the Gym leader first thing in the morning.

I was going to explore the city and see if something was interesting, maybe a Pokémon.

I checked into a hotel called La Casa, going to sleep early

I closed my eyes, eager for the next day to arrive.

3