Chapter 7
374 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Beauty, oh, how wonderful it feels to look at beautiful women.

Sadly this body of mine was too young.

I had woken up, checked out of the hotel before grabbing Bulbasaur from Nurse Joy.

I was sitting in a café across the street from the Pokecenter, enjoying my breakfast. 

Everything was going fine.

It would be great.

That is if it wasn't for the young girl in front of me eating breakfast.

She had nice silky golden brown hair, with eyes of the sky's color to go along with it, an immature face with her cheeks stuffed to the brim, looking like a chipmunk.

A nice slim body, I mean yeah, but she was still young. It's too early to say anything now.

Either way, while she was eating, she kept demanding that I battled her as it was fair that novices with only one Pokémon should fight each other so they could gather experience.

This ruined the image of a beautiful young lady with the appearance of a brat. Wait, she is one.

Second I am no novice. 

I am Shawn, who happens to like women older than people my age, which confuses me because I am Shawn of this world, which means I should like women the same age as me.

I am having an identity crisis and don't know the name of one.

"Are you listening to me! You've staring off into the distance for a while, you know?" another spoonful of pastry reach her mouth, "Hey, when are we going to have our battle?" a waiter passes, "Hey, can I get another one of these please?" she points at the seventh pastry she has had, the waiter nods.

I sighed, "Her voice has a nice tone. If only she were a bit quieter." I was going to tell her once more that I wasn't going to battle her until I realized that I just said my thoughts out loud.

With a bright face, "H-hey, I only wanted a Pokémon battle! I mean, I appreciate the compliment, but....."

"Let me stop you there. I'm not going to battle you unless you already have a gym badge. If that's all, I am leaving." Little girl.

"What! You probably don't even have a gym badge!"

"Well, I do, so stop bothering me."

"How is that possible? To challenge a gym leader, you need at least two Pokémon, but I clearly saw Nurse Joy handing you one Pokeball!"

Oh, I was caught in a lie. I quickly paid what I owed while avoiding looking at the girl before exiting the café.

It wasn't after taking a couple of steps I heard the bell of the café ring as someone opened the door, along with an angry girl coming after me.

"How dare you ignore me!!"

I continued to ignore her as I kept walking.

I speed walk towards a park that I had passed when I entered Pewter City, hoping to ditch this girl before capturing a second Pokemon so I could challenge the gym leader.

When I turned the corner towards the park, I quickly dash into a nearby bush only to feel pain in my abdomen as I collided with something.

I quickly stood up to see what had tackled me, only to catch a glimpse of a light blue figure escape into the bush I was going to hide in.

"Hey, are you okay? I'm sorry for chasing you. I was just mad that you ignored me after you said such nice things about me. That reminds me, I only chased after you because we never introduced ourselves. My name is Caroline. What's yours?"

I tried getting up as I respond to her question, "My name... it's Shawn, ugh," I fell back down as the pain was a bit much.

I wonder how Ash could deal with all those tackles.

"Here, let me help you."

"No, I'm fine. I don't need your help," while I kept lying on the floor. 

I tapped on the Pokeball on the side of my belt, summoning Bulbasaur.

Bulbasaur!

"Bulbasaur razor leaf towards those bushes!"

Hearing the frustration and seeing its trainer injure made Bulbasaur feel rage, a feeling that it had never experienced before.

As its trainer commanded, it unleashed a torrent of leaves to the bushes.

Bulbasaur!

Shredding them up quite a bit before the light blue figure revealed itself from its hiding.

Ni!-Nidoran! 

Nidoran - Special

Lv 6

Hp 55

Atk 47

Def 52

Sp. Atk 40

Sp. Def 40

Spd 41

Luck 50

CS 5

A special! Is that higher level than my epic Bulbasaur? Also, this Nidoran has an extra stat, and it's luck. 

Is that why it's special?

Before I could give Bulbasaur another command, a light green figure with a leaf on its head charged towards the Nidoran.

"Chikorita tackle!" shouted an overly excited girl.

Wait, it should be a brat, but the most important thing is why is she butting into my fight!?!

"Shawn, let me have this Pokémon. It's so pretty, plus I believe I deserve it as compensation for what you did earlier!" said Caroline with a pleased face nodding as it was right.

Letting the blood flow to my head, I ignored the pain from my abdomen before quickly rising to where we were face to face.

Before making a rational judgment, my hand was already aiming towards her cheek as fast I could.

However, the sound of me smacking her did not come as the sensation of ropes surrounded my hand, preventing me from smacking this brat.

Looking back at Bulbasaur, I could see it nodding its head sideways, saying that a man shouldn't hit a woman, much less a child.

I wanted to apologize for what was going to happen. 

I felt a burning sensation on my cheek.

Before I knew it, indignation clouded my face, but at the same time, I still had my rational side.

I gave a look at Bulbasaur, saying that if it didn't let go, I would bring it hell later.

Seeing my gaze Bulbasaur release its vine whips

Even so, I threw myself towards Caroline smacking her. 

She evaded then grabbed me, smacking me while I smacked her.

Essentially we fought, but what do you expect between children who had their blood rush to their head.

Of course, I never hit her with a closed first, I am still a gentleman, plus I can't let any nasty rumors start saying that I punch women when I'm frustrated.

While we were fighting, the nearby Bulbasaur, Chikorita, and Nidoran looked confused, saying why were the humans fighting as they took in the spectacle.

-------

"You know I only wanted to have a battle with you! Why did you have to be so cold to me?"

"I don't even know you, and you let such beauty go to waste by being the glutton and slob!"

"If you weren't so handsome, I wouldn't have approached you. If you had just accepted my challenge, none of this would have happened!"

"Yeah, and win against a girl that has no gym badges!"

"You don't even have any!"

-------

After a while, we got tired of smacking each other around, eventually ending up lying on the floor, looking towards the evening sky.

"You know, I usually don't get pissed off by people, but you were the first to get me this pissed off."

"I'm not talking to you!"

"Look, I don't want to argue anymore, after being pestered by you since the morning, then getting tackled to the stomach, and then you interrupted my battle pushed me over the edge; therefore, I am sorry."

"............"

Hearing no response, I sighed, "To show you that I am sorry I won't interrupt your attempt in catching Nidoran, and I will also accept your challenge after I catch a second Pokémon and we both have the Bolder badge.

"...You promise?"

"Yes, now hurry before I change my mind."

Possibly hearing my words, Nidoran was already beside Caroline before looking at me, saying that it won't give me a chance to capture it as it pressed the button on one of the Pokeball from Caroline's bag that dropped during our tussle.

A tick appeared on my forehead. 

Maybe I am not as calm as I thought I was.

As Caroline sees the Pokeball rock back and forth, she looks at me, "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you mad after I left my family to start my journey. I felt lonely. " She looked down, "I just wanted to make a friend." as her final words left her mouth, the Pokeball stopped rocking as it let a ding sound out.

Alright, but still, it's frustrating seeing a special Nidoran go like that. Even so, I am mentally older than her, but I'm the same age as her.

Ugh, identity crisis.

5