Chapter 8
341 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a short contemplation on my identity crisis, we went back to the Pokémon center to leave our Pokémon to heal as we cleaned ourselves the best we could before arriving at a store with a blue ceiling, clearly the Poke Mart.

We had agreed that we would head outside of Pewter city to help me look for a Pokémon.

I tried to go alone, but she was adamant about going with me.

I told her it would be better for her to challenge the gym while I went to find my second Pokémon. 

She thought about it for a while before saying no.

I'm not going to let her travel with me, even if it meant having a special Nidoran with fifty luck. 

I don't even know how lucky the Nidoran is.

After this gym battle, I will ditch her with the pretext I will sleep in the hotel before heading out the next day.

Instead, I will travel during the night, heading to Cerulean City instead of Viridian. 

Hopefully, she doesn't have the same idea as me when she finds out I'm gone the next day. 

Instead, she will go to Viridian only to find out the Giovani isn't there.

She will end up wasting her time while allowing me to get away from her.

Making up my mind, I returned to reality, looking at the various options in front of me before grabbing two full potions and five basic potions, plus a bag with some spare clothes.

I ended up paying two thousand yen. 

I now have a little under three thousand yen.

I should challenge people some more.

As I waited for Caroline to grab her items, I see her walk out of an aisle with a basketful of at least a dozen super potions and various healing status potions.

Did I just get on the bad side of a rich and powerful man by getting into a scuffle with his daughter.

Hopefully, she doesn't mention anything about our scuffle to her parents.

As she waited for the clerk to scan the items on the counter, she pulls out a silver card, which assures me she's from an influential family.

I hope she isn't one to hold grudges.

-------

Running water, clear water, so much it felt that it was melted glass or something. 

At an angle of the water with the sun's reflection, the small lake's surface would look like the ocean in advertisements where the sea was different from other places.

It looked cool too, but I always wondered if what they were showing was true.

We were outside of Pewter City. About an hour walk away.

As we were walking through the forest, we ran into an Eevee, to which Caroline responded with a shriek, saying that she always wanted an Eevee.

Hearing the shriek, the obvious response to Eevee was to run away.

Caroline pulled on me as she urged that we must chase after.

As we chased after Eevee, we went off more and more away from the path.

Eventually reaching the deep parts of the forest, where even the sun had trouble getting sunlight in.

See Eevee dive into one of the most giant trees around with a hole at the base of the tree.

In the hole was the entrance to this beautiful lake, the sun piercing at parts of the clearing, causing a beautiful sight.

The numerous flower that looks different that was outside of the clearing made even more breathtaking.

Luckily the hole was wide enough for us to crawl into it, though I waited a while before entering since Caroline entered first.

I love older women after my identity crisis is acting up again. 

I am Shawn, Shawn that only remembers his past life information, but I am not him.

When I got past the entrance, I saw Caroline and her Chikorita fighting against Eevee, which reminds me that she doesn't have a Kanto starter.

I wonder why, after all, she just started her journey, meaning that she started her journey here in the Kanto region, so she must have gotten a Kanto starter, not a Johto starter.

As I walked towards Caroline, I kept my gaze on Chikorita and Eevee.

Chikorita - Rare

Lv 5

Hp 55

Atk 49

Def 65

Sp. Atk 51

Sp. Def 65

Spd 45

CS 6

Eevee - Common

Lv 5

Hp 55

Atk 55

Def 50

Sp. Atk 45

Sp. Def 65

Spd 55

CS 2

I see, so Nidoran's luck must not be continuously applied instead at different intervals, maybe. Or it's luck can't be applied since Nidoran is inside its Pokeball.

I kept watching the Battle between Chikorita and Eevee when I heard something waddle its way towards me.

I turned around only to be faced with a yellow duck,

Psyduck!

While Pysudck gazed at me, I stared back at it since I wanted to find out more information, but because of how it looks, I kept losing focus, so it took a while before I could see its information.

Psyduck - Unique

Lv 7

Hp 60

Atk 56

Def 54

Sp. Atk 80

Sp. Def 56

Spd 60

CS 0 - 10

Spoiler

Trait: A Psyduck that is so wise that it gets lost in its thoughts, thus either enhancing its power past its limits or neutralizing its maximum capabilities.

[collapse]

 

Its stats are the highest I've seen for a level seven Pokémon, well that only includes wild Pokémon.

Not that it matters since it's mine, even if it meant it was a wild card, you never know.

It's unknown how often it would fail to battle properly.

I reach for Bulbasaur Pokeball, summoning it.

Bulbasaur!

"Bulbasaur razor leaf!"

Quickly identifying its opponent Bulbasaur sends razor leaf towards it.

Psyduck kept still watching the razor leaf getting closer and closer before a sprout of water came from its mouth, destroying the momentum of the razor leaves as it pushes through and hits Bulbasaur, soaking it with water.

"Bulbasaur use a barrage of razor leaves to distract Psyduck while getting close to Psyduck before using vine whips on it." 

I hoped that the razor leaves would distract Psyduck as it stayed still while it released its water gun. 

In that time, we could get close enough for vine whip to reach Psyduck.

But that didn't matter since it never blocked the razor leaves before getting hit numerous times, knocking Psyduck over, with the finishing move being a hit with vine whip before Psyduck finally got knocked out.

Seeing how Psyduck failed to defend itself made me hesitate whether I should catch it or not.

But that hesitation quickly dissipated as it was unique.

I threw a Pokeball at it as I let my thoughts go.

It could be a higher level than epic or a lower level.

I'll never know until I catch more Pokémon. 

By then, if I found out that Psyduck was valuable, then I would regret not catching it.

My final thoughts ended as the Pokeball stopped rocking back and forth.

4