Chapter 9
658 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I caught Psyduck!

I don't know whether I should be happy or pained.

I just hope that Psyduck doesn't blank out at a critical time like it did when it had to defend itself against me.

Maybe because I was lucky that Psyduck blanked out that I got to catch it earlier than Caroline could catch the Eevee that she was battle against.

She started her battle before me.

The Eevee was a common grade thus, it's had lower stats than her rare grade Chikorita.

Is she just a lousy trainer, or is it her Chikorita that is messing up?

As I stood by watching her battle, I understood more and more  coming to the conclusion she was just awful.

Considering that she just started, I could give her some leeway.

But knowing that there were talented trainer like Gary. 

Made me doubt Caroline as she look like Ash when he first started his journey or at least in the show.

It was just plot armor that Ash met the people he did, and with them, Ash could accomplish what he did.

Ash does deserve respect for the character he has since he gains the respect of the Pokémon he catches.

Right now, Caroline is just like Ash from the beginning of the show, utterly clueless as to what they are doing.

I can't even expect her to beat Brock's gym and get the boulder badge.

Seeing Caroline's performance reassures that I must not let travel with her even if she had Nidoran's luck, because who knows whether that Nidoran's luck stat was the cause of us running into an Eevee that led us to this hidden place.

At least not till Caroline gets better at being a trainer and matures.

After all, I have goals in this world.

To become the strongest trainer there ever was and to do that, I may have to places that people wouldn't dare go, and as for whether a ten-year-old girl can handle where I am going and not complain, according to my past life's information I don't think a young girl would be willing to go with to such places.

As for how I am sure of this, I'm just relying on my past life's memories for my judgement.

After all in pallet town, there were only four children my age.

That includes me, Gary, Ash, and Ron, the fourth trainer from Pallet town who probably chose Charmander.

Not that he mattered since he was too shy to go anywhere.

There weren't any girls my age I could interact with when I regained my memories.

Ok, my thoughts are getting too off track—time to bring myself back to reality.

When I focused my attention back on the battle that Caroline was in, she finally about to catch Eevee as the Pokeball rocked back and forth before completely stopping giving off a ding.

With a bright smile, Caroline grabs the Pokeball containing Eevee before showing Chikorita that they caught it, as they started to shout with joy.

"Caroline, great job!" not really.

Flushed with excitement, Caroline responded with a rather loud, "Yes!!"

"Shawn, now that we caught more Pokémon, I believe we are ready to challenge the gym leader of Pewter City!"

I don't think the same.

At least I am possibly ready.

On the other hand, Caroline would have to face Brock a couple of times before actually managing to beat him.

I nodded my head in response to her statement as I wanted to leave and get some lunch since it was around noon now.

-------

It took us a while to get back to Pewter City as we didn't really know where we were.

We had to battle a couple of aggressive Pokémon to defend ourselves, but not many of the Pokémon were of a capable grade so I didn't cat any. 

All they were good for was helping my Bulbasaur gain more experience in battle and levels.

Even so, with this trip, I made up my mind to get a flying Pokémon, whether common or uncommon, so that I could use it to scout the surroundings.

The journey back was a pain as we didn't bother bringing any snacks or the like.

At least my Pokémon didn't starve as I bought food for them, but I didn't seem to remember to buy food for myself.

Caroline forgot both as I had to share some Pokémon food with hers so that her Pokémon wouldn't feel hungry as my Pokémon ate.

-------

Beauty, oh how much I admire beautiful women.

I specifically chose a place that had an open window so I could look out and admire the beautiful women outside as I had my lunch.

Of course, not everything can be pleasant as a chatterbox sitting across from me is running her mouth.

But that did not stop me from admiring beauty as I completely ignored all words coming from her mouth.

------

Standing before us was a huge building located at the outer edge of the city.

It looked like a massive warehouse, if I had to say.

Of course, the building in front of me was Pewter City's gym.

Except that this warehouse looking gym had steel plating covering certain parts of it, probably supporting something to prevent gym battles from destroying the building itself.

We entered through the entrance, where we were met with a vacant lobby with a sign saying, 'Challenge gym leader this way.'

The arrow led to another indicator at an open door with another arrow pointing to what I assumed was the next indicator.

After following the arrows, we finally came across a big door that looked like the final boss' door in a video game, with a sign saying enter.

Caroline and I pushed against the door expecting it to be heavy, well it was heavy, but a mechanism activated causing the door to open itself.

As soon as the walls stopped moving, we entered a dimly lit room with a person sitting with their legs cross in the center of the arena.

Brock looked precisely the same from the show, except this is a real-life Brock with his eyes closed but could still see me and Caroline approach him.

Right, when we were a couple of feet away from him, he finally spoke,

"Challengers from afar, have you deemed yourselves worthy of challenging my gym?"

I was going to respond but was interrupted by an overly excited person,

"Yes! I am ready, it's been a short time since I started my journey, but I caught three Pokémon, so I have decided to challenge your gym!"

"I see. However, most new trainers wait till they have six Pokémon before challenging a gym leader. I will assume neither of you has a single gym badge, right?"

"That is correct neither she nor I have a single gym badge."

"Since that is a case, you will be fighting two of my weaker Pokémon. Of course, you can use up to the standard six Pokemon to beat them, but if you don't, you will have failed your challenge and may rechallenge the next day if you wish."

We both nodded our words in accordance to his words.

"So who will be going first?"

I looked at an excited Caroline as she eagerly looked at me,

"Do you want to go first?"

"Yes! I do. I want to go first. Thank you!"

"Where can I spectate?" I asked Brock

"You see those ledges to the side of the arena you may spectate there." I looked at where Brock was pointing as I head over there, walking up the steps as I looked at Caroline and Brock taking their respective places.

"As the gym leader, I will choose my Pokémon first to allow the challenger to decide what Pokémon they will choose first."

At the end of his words, Brock throws a Pokeball.

When the Pokeball lands on the ground, it opens, releasing a Geodude a couple of meters away from Brock.

I quickly looked at Caroline as she already threw her Pokeball, summoning Chikorita.

She quickly commands Chikorita,

"Chikorita razor leaf!"

I shaked my head as she was too eager.

7