PROLOGUE
67 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PROLOGUE

 

On this bare land, the first Undying transcended through space. Before she left, she relinquished her armor, sword, shield and flag because she determined that she could survive in any situation.

A long-time pass, the armor, shield and flag were lost, never seen again, leaving the sword alone. It became the heirloom of humanity and only used during crucial times.

Time passed, the first Enlightened transcended through meditating under a tree, withstanding all-natural forces. Before he left, he planted behind a seed because he determined that humanity needed shelter.

Another period passed, the seed grew into a colossal tree. It had the power to resist forces and protected humans through calamities.

Era passed, the tree grew weak and weary, its leaves were yellow color. Its bark dried. The sword already lost its luster and full of rust.

It was then the first Deity transcended through fire. Before he left, he forged countless of weapons for humanity to fight against all kinds of danger.

But only century later, the first Demon was born. At every step, he bore destruction and sufferings. Behind him laid wastes and flames. The tree died, and the sword crumbled.

After being repulsed by humanity, he transcended trough darkest flames.

The wound healed after a lengthy period, and the destruction recovered. Many Transcendents came, yet only one was undeniably exceptional.

He was an Enlightened, just like his predecessors. He pitied the lives of mortal so he transcended through reincarnation. Before he left, he left behind his inheritance in thirty-three beads, which turned into thirty-three mountains that stood across the lands of mortal.

Later, the first Diablo transcended through the darkest parts of humanity, the evil within their hearts. Before he left, he established a system of living. The humans, then, could live in order.

However, a great evil followed him, who became a Demon. He laughed while making mortals suffer and enjoyed controlling their lives like puppets.

After a long time of tyranny, the first Ghoul was born from hatred. A great battle between Ghoul and Demon ensued, followed by cries of war and pleas.

The aftermath made the lands trembled, the thirty-three mountains became thirteen but, in the end, Ghoul killed the Demon.

But the latter greatly injured the Ghoul, making him unable to transcend, so he laid his body as a formation with the thirteen mountains as a foundation.

One era passes after another, great beings transcended after another. They either left behind something or destroy anything.

Only one worthy of celebration was the repossession of the flag. Hence, the people treated it as guardian weapon.

Unfortunately, wars continued and were too cruel to take; shaping the geography of the land. Flames made lands a desert, Ice made lands an arctic.

But one thing was fortunate. The humans continued to thread and proliferate on this land. They were stubborn, clinging on their lives, inevitably.

Because to them, Mortal Lands was the place they considered their home.

Hello! Author here! You can also check my stories on my blog https://maluphetnovels.blogspot.com/p/story-of-mortal-lands.html

3