Chapter 30 – This is about me
37 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 30 – This is about me

 

“Grumbling, keep grumbling! You are really unlikable, you know.”

Ben wanted to retort, but he stopped himself with difficulty. He knew that doing so would seem to agree to her opinion.

Sarah accompanied him with sparring against two males of Pendragon Clan. She fought on the other side while scolding him.

He felt his hectic breath, and the pain induced by his sparring partner. He wanted to stand from his kneeling position, but the burning itch he was feeling immobilized him.

“Tsk. Why it became different…” Ben mumbled. Thinking about the difference in the past trial and the current sparring left him howl in agony.

Who knew Sarah followed his thought process?

“Get up, Doofus. Can’t you see the ridicule in their eyes?”

Ben gazed at his sparring partner and sure enough, saw the latter’s mocking intent. The boy gnashed his teeth.

He felt jubilant reaching level one of his Foundation Arts. But he only got into the cloud nine for mere moments before plunging down towards hell!

The morning training awakened his understanding about his body.

Normal attacks couldn’t deal much damage to his body. But after reaching a certain limit, everything changed.

From his point of view, Von’s all-out effort counted as one. Ben shivered, reminiscing about the razor-sharp wind blades. As for the Venerables’ attack, he didn’t bother thinking about it. Just shock waves could grind him to dust.

But a durable body didn’t mean he could be complacent. Just like right now, the spar exposed his body’s other weakness. As long as normal attacks stacked, it would penetrate his body’s toughness.

 “Tired already, Little Benny?” A mocking voice sounded above him. Ben’s gums almost bled from gnashing. He didn’t know why he was being targeted by these guys. Even though they weren’t heavy handed, they enjoyed mocking him instead.

“Pig Deity Combat Art is only a Precious-Grade. Yet, even with introductory moves, you make it lousy. Just how much you need to squander to reach pass level three when even level one is a tiresome chore for you?”

Sarah’s sparring partner hooted. “Hahaha. There are people who don’t have talent and still bite more than they can chew. Of course, we can’t compare him to Young Miss!” He didn’t forget to bootlick Sarah.

Ben’s eyes became bloodshot. Truth be told, all parts of his body kept aching, shouting at him to stop. Training in Pig Deity Combat Arts had already enervated him. Because of his physical endowment, the side effects weren’t as painful as Jed’s though. Only after hours of sparring, he reached his body threshold.

Even then, the constant mockery was more hurtful. The boy felt infuriated and depressed. He knew his comprehension and talent weren’t up to marks, thus, their mocks and laughter was too biting for him. He couldn’t copy simple actions and wasted too much movements.

Unfortunately, mistakes also triggered the side effects. This contributed to reaching his pain limit.

Those with talent and better comprehension needed less time to copy and execute a movement. This meant less exertion and stress from training, lessening the pain they could receive overtime. And Ben didn’t have any of the two.

Sarah felt exasperated. Training revolved around breaking through limits, but she thought Ben was just wasting time. It appeared to her he didn’t know how dangerous their goal nor he bothered to pressure himself. She shook her head, thinking that Ben still had a childish mindset. Or maybe he still hadn’t escaped from his normal lifestyle.

Of course, she also didn’t like the way her clan treated Ben, but she knew their reasons. Resources were scarce already and now with two additions; everyone’s share got further decreased. It was unfortunate for Ben to get the brunt of their hatred because Jed went on his own during afternoon.

This won’t do, she thought. Thus, Sarah yelled for him to stand.

Ben quivered when he heard her voice. He raised head to see a pair of gems looking at him. They were eyes, but they resembled jewels of highest quality. They twinkled like the stars in sky. And right now these stars were burning, boring straight to his soul, assuaging his irritation.

That was right, he didn’t need to be indignant just because of their words. He struggled to stand. He exhaled as he fixed himself. His lips twitched for wanting to smile. But it looked ugly from his opponent’s perspective.

“I don’t want to fail Sister Sarah’s expectation, nor become strong to save my brother.” The boy thought. “As long there are people who believed in me, that is enough.”

Bam. The boy got punched and collapsed on the ground. Yet the latter felt warm.

“What if your mom became a demon, will you kill her?” Fiery pupils drilled through Space Slicer’s eyes.

Space Slicer couldn’t reply to that. Why would he want his mom to be killed? Thus, he knitted his brows even though he was furious.

“What about your father? Your entire clan?” He became speechless. He believed nothing would happen to them. If there were someone who would be the casualty, it was the common people.

But he would never explain it. All of them knew, and they also would not explain.

“Or what if the entire human race?” She scanned everyone with her eyes; her disdain was clear to see. She inferred what they were thinking.

“What I observed, everyone here is sure confident. So confident that they feel the project won’t affect them.”

White Wall waved his sleeves and put his hands on the back. “Girl, that’s enough. This is not a place where someone young can litter.”

“Am I littering? This room is already full of trash. What made me so different?” Sarah’s grin became larger. “Do tell, how much benefits will you get when the demonization finally happened?”

“What?”

“Only profits can cloud your minds!”

Fury painted everyone’s face. This was a slap to them.

“Just defeat the demons and stop whatever plans they had! Is that hard?!”

“I think, the so-called revenge by Grandpa Sis is nothing but a sham, just a show of strength. None of you really wanted to wage wars with demons!” She barked, not forgetting to inch closer.

“No! Even if you have the idea, all of you are still not ready! Unless the demons’ value depleted, you won’t take radical actions.” Sarah shook her head.

“Nonsense!” White Wall yelled.

“Utter nonsense!!!” Most people stood up, agitated. “Don’t accuse someone you didn’t even know! Our conscience is clear!”

Sarah became calm. Though, she gripped the arm of her chair in support, suppressing the rage inside her.

“Ayill. He is just an unfortunate boy. But he is still a human. He didn’t even wish to become a demon.”

“Someday, people will become like that too. Just an unfortunate people.”

“Yet, you wanted to kill them for a mistake they didn’t do.”

“Tell me! Are you still humans?!!”

Space Slicer pointed at Sarah’s face. But his finger trembled, inhibitions still appeared in his heart because of Old Man Pendragon. “Brat, I don’t care if you are from Pendragon! Scram here! Or else..!”

Sarah bared her teeth. “Or else what? Am I bullying you? You. You, all of you. None of you deserved to be respected. So what if I’m bullying you?!!” She pointed at everyone and even jabbed her fingers to King Milagro’s nose. The latter became furious and slapped her hand.

A swooshing sound arrived and kicked King Milagro to the distance. Ryan shielded his child, seeing everyone agitated.

“Yawaka! You think I am Ghian that I wouldn’t touch you?” Space Slicer snarled, finally snapped out of his mind. “Who do you think I am?!!”

His voice thundered through her ears. Only enough to injure her. But she was unfazed by the blood leaking from her ears. She continued staring at him, daggers shot through her pupils.

“It is not about who you are.” The little girl verbalized. She cracked her neck, producing snappy sounds.

“This is about me.” She looked ahead. “I cannot tolerate it that few people can direct the lives of those people below them.”

“Thus…”

“I, Sarah Pendragon, the person who will trample all of you beneath my feet!”

White Wall’s eyes contracted. King Milagro’s face darkened. Cloud Rider smiled widely. Arturo gripped his fist hard and his eyes shining.

Everyone inhaled a mouthful of cold air.

“And you.” Sarah pointed at Space Slicer like a bug he was. “You will be the first.”

“Ten years from now.”

“When the sun and moon superimposed, in the tallest mountain…”

“I will sweep the floor with your cheap face!” Sarah looked nothing in front of the Venerables. But her eyes shown splendor like never before!

Her red hair flared behind and her dress became a battle armor.

Suddenly, everyone felt they were looking at a prehistoric event.

An image of Human Race’s warriors appearing from yesteryears.

As if they were back when thousands upon thousands of humans facing the million hordes of demons. They were this confident.

Everyone woke up from their daze. Their breaths ragged, wheezing at the insolent girl before them. Furious, their auras ramped to the highest degree when they recalled how she disparaged them. They couldn’t take this treatment! Especially from a little girl, wet behind her ears!

They were Venerables and one had to respect them and never to humiliate!

“Pendragons! Is this how you raise your children?! If you can’t even raise her properly, we will do it in your stead!”

Multitudes of towering auras converged. The sky split and churned.

Thunder roared, tornadoes and squalls ran rampant, and time became sluggish.

All animals in the surroundings frantically escape.

Creak. The castle couldn’t hold anymore. Various cracks appeared on every place and it seemed on the verge of collapse.

Yet, all of their auras poured towards the helpless poor figure!

Sarah became a lone boat across the stormy sea. Her face became redder as time pass and her eyes bloodshot. The girl wanted to shout; she had to scream! She needed to release the pent-up fury in her heart towards them!

Suddenly, a starry sky emerged, filled with wonder and gentleness. It had an outline of a hand and supported the entire building!

Next to it was draconic aura filled with five colors: ash-grey, gold, forest green, blood-red and flaming red color blinded the world. Then a draconic spear pierced through everyone’s aura!

Then the ceiling collapsed, and the sky parted. A titanic finger nail loomed and suppressed all phenomena!

Followed it was a diamond hand. Though it was weaker and cracked after affected by many auras.

Last was an enormous human hand. But shockingly, it crumpled the space in front like paper!

“Sir Pure Man, Old Man Pendragon, Kind Mother…” White Wall murmured.

“Jade Hands! What are you doing?!” Space Slicer screamed. He stared at her with hate. He couldn’t hide it anymore.

“Respectable Enlightened Disciple Jakal, what is the meaning of this?” Ghian clasped his hands. He didn’t expect someone of this caliber would intervene.

Old Man Pendragon clicked his tongue. “You were not even born yet when I rampage through battles.” Those older quivered when they recalled his past exploits.

“None of you touches my daughter!” Ryan growled, readied to lunge at everyone’s length.

Pure Man smiled. “Everyone. Please calm down and take a seat. That was only a derogatory part of the child. Let’s think it was just her narrow view, shall we?”

“Hehehe. Girl, you are so fierce. How about a cookie?” Kind Mother’s small body hopped beside Sarah. They were almost of the same height. But Sarah felt she had similar strength with her grandfather!

Jakal put his palms together. “Pa-umanhin. We shall not let a brother’s blood flow in this sacred land.”

Jade Hands wiped the blood in her face. Disappointment and dismay filled her face as she gazed at the people in front of her.

Everyone didn’t seem fazed, though. “Pendragons! You will pay for this! Got that?!!” They hurled their fury through their mouth. Sarah thought she was on a market for how loud they were. Like an irritating buzzing of bees.

“So noisy.” The little girl waved her hand.

Arturo hurried to whisper. “Father, can we help her?”

Desert Eater stopped smiling. The girl was loveable and better person in his opinion. But he could only sigh in his heart. He shook his head and said. “I’m sorry. Our people is more important.” To the boy’s disappointment.

“Alright.”

Everyone suddenly stopped. They stared at the cold armor and didn’t expect him to speak.

The chilling seams of the helmet scanned everyone, making them rooted to the ground. They shivered, as if their body became naked, then plunged to an icy lake.

“This will be the end of the conference.” Frozen Immortal stood. Ice covered him as he vanished alongside his throne.

Fuuu. Breath exhaled through their mouth. He was still terrifying, they thought. Just being stared gave them goosebumps.

All of them thought Desert Eater as pushover. So, they took advantage of him.

Even though Pure Man acclaimed as the strongest, he was too kind. Hence, although people respected him, they weren’t afraid of him.

Cloud Rider was too young and arrogant. Only his strength was worth relying.

But Frozen Immortal was different.

People considered him as powerful yet mysterious. Cunning and unfathomably careful. They had heard a mission, only needing a few Masters to undertake. But Frozen Immortal ordered ten times of that number.

He prevailed as an overkill. A testament he would push a crippled and mentally unstable man to a world of Absolute-death Danger. And would still house thousands of guards at each exit.

He even slew a genius who held terrifying, world-destroying secrets.

Even multiple Transcendents and Evils couldn’t save the guy.

No mercy. His ashes split into atoms. Soul got pulverized to nothing. Time got stopped and space restricted. Last, his fate got extracted.

Thus, no one wanted to be on the receiving end of Monarch’s edge.

Thinking of this, there were others staring at Sarah. The lass and the Monarch were a stark contrast.  

One was careful, very careful to the point of disgusting. The other was courting death.

Also, she wasn’t even worth of Monarch’s toes. So, what was the point of comparison?

Others may not have these thoughts, but they knew it won’t be too long before she met her demise. They smirked, feeling comforted.

Pure Man smiled seeing everyone’s thought. His eyes flickered with a peculiar light. He didn’t want to tell this, but he suddenly wanted to tease them. “Actually, there’s something more.”

The Venerables halted. Although simmering with rage, they could still endure it a little more. So they listened.

“Do you know why I place Sarah at the very top of the list? On top of the Ten Talents?”

“You should know that I am a curious cat. Hahaha. So, as all of you guess, I know everyone’s name. And I also know their future. In particular, Sarah. Hers is to mind blogging at least.”

Pure Man’s face became enigmatic.

Everyone didn’t what caught their throats. But they suddenly felt breathless. What was the suspense? They didn’t know. All they understood, Pure Man wasn’t someone to kid.

“The black dragon hovered its head. Dotting as large as the sky itself.

“Swallowed the sun and sunder everything to nothing.”

“It was then the golden dragon appeared.”

“It’s radiance covered the land.”

“This was my latest prophecy. Thank Mother, I am successful with this undertaking.” Pure Man smiled thinly and put his arms on his back.

Everyone became taken aback. It was too simple.

But those had dabbled in divination knew the simpler the sentences, the harder to interpret it.

Pure Man’s face soon became terrifying.

“Everyone, a calamity is coming.”

“I can vow that the black dragon is a calamity. Unless you have other explanation of it, then it’s impossible not to be a calamity.”

Everyone shuddered. They had proven every divination about past calamities. And each of them were disasters in large proportions!

A man stuttered. “H-how is that possible?”

“We are on the right track already. Why in the Mother’s name we are being put to hardship once again?”

“Then, what do you think is the golden dragon?” Ntse Ghand interjected.

A hint of amusement flashed inside Pure Man’s eyes.

“North Venerable Frozen Immortal is correct.”

“Heroes shall rise in this coming disaster. And from them, one is bound to do something unimaginable.”

“In my past divination, even Cloud Rider’s potential, talent and fate couldn’t compare to the golden dragon.”

“I even peered at a few monstrous existence because of this.” The elderly chuckled and a hint of fear lingered in his voice.

“But I could confirm that dragon’s potential, talent and fate is at least in the top three of the universe.”

“Universe? Mortal Lands?” White Wall got skeptical. This was also everyone’s understanding.

The Mortal Lands contained millions of worlds and from their estimate the gigantic landmass such as Mortal Lands was as large as a universe.

So people considered Mortal Land a universe.

“No. What I mean is the Outside Universe, not our Mortal Lands.” Pure Man adjusted his head. But this simple sentence brought a shock to everyone else!

“D-don’t tease us, S-sir. T-there’s n-no way that’s possible!!!” They kept denying, but Pure Man spread his arms wide.

They weren’t to be blamed either that they didn’t think of it. In their knowledge, outside of the Mortal Lands were perilous places where terrifying creatures thrived and existed.

“You don’t have to believe me. But please believed what I’m going to say next.”

“I believed the golden dragon pertained to our young lady here, Sarah Pendragon.”

Sarah squinted before making a grin. She had already known since young how terrifying her talent was. This was the reason she grew bold. She even felt if they gave her the dead genius’ world-destroying secret, she would be a Supreme Venerable in one year!

Of course, Sarah didn’t want such fast progress. She had long known to build her foundation. If she succeeded in her ridiculous plan, then… it would intimidate anyone.

Thus, she proposed the ten-year oath. She wanted a force to push her to the limits. In addition, she wanted those hiding to appear in the light. Sarah became even more determined to enter the Enderian Journey. She could hide there, waiting till the day she had enough strength.

The girl also wanted to remove the thing shackling her. She didn’t how many times she cursed it. True, it enabled her to reach Grandmaster Level for a short time. But she thought it wasn’t simple. That was too good to be true. Even she a child could see it.

While she was contemplating, everyone had their own dilemma. People couldn’t believe it. Everyone’s expression changed as they glanced between the girl and Pure Man. Others had eyes twinkling while those with lesser IQ kept frowning. Multitude of plots raced through their heads as they stared at her.

Space Slicer became pale. He watched as the Pendragons walked towards the exit. Yet, the hateful girl paused and looked at him. He saw Sarah opening her mouth. No sound emerged, though.

But it was unfortunate he could read her lips.

“Don’t cry. Just enjoy your ten years. By then, you won’t have enough regret.”

“Grandmother.” Nina turned around as she heard the footsteps behind her. She bowed before continuing her study. All around her were books about astronomy. They scattered and piled up like a small hill.

“Working hard, huh? You are already a bookworm. Now, I don’t know what will happen to you.” The old lady flicked the child’s forehead.

Nina grimaced and pouted. “I’m not a child anymore!”

“Yeah, yeah. My girl is a big girl now. She even has a crush on that Dult’s descendant.” She teased before sitting beside her granddaughter. The latter pouted even more.

“I only wanted to help him.”

The old lady paused, becoming preoccupied with her thoughts. She already knew what the latter wanted.

The former sighed because it seemed everyone become hardworking because of that incident.

“I am not prohibiting you. You can go, but you need to learn everything first.”

“About the Eight Supreme Killing Grounds and other killing grounds. Also, train at least the fifth level of the Foundation Arts and third level of Energy Cycling Palm.” She let out a thin smile.

“I heard the Pendragon’s descendant is going to the Enderian Journey. The chances of survival are too small!”

“Difficult! Difficult!”

“Even several Grandmasters will stay unconfident to go inside that killing ground. That old man probably bet everything on this.”

“Each killing grounds has wealth and opportunities that no other worlds can give. But it also has corresponding dangers.”

“For example, the Enderian Journey.”

“Once they entered that killing ground, everyone younger will stop growing when they reached fifteen years old. As for the older ones, their time will stop and they will not grow older.”

“Preserving your age or youthfulness is a good thing. But inside the killing ground, it’s a bad thing. An unknown energy will corrupt them. This will be a considerable headache to the Pendragons.”

“As for you and your friend, challenging the Dult Clan’s Arena is also difficult. We are not rich and powerful like Pendragons. You can only rely on your knowledge in mapping and astronomy.”

“But I believed you all will succeed.” The old lady caressed her granddaughter’s face. “My beautiful girl, femininity doesn’t mean we are weak. So grow pretty like flowers. We may not have the muscles but we always outlived everyone in the end.”

Nina giggled as she pecked her grandma’s cheeks. She became delighted her grandma wasn’t rejecting her decision.

When Nina left, her grandmother sighed and gazed through the window.

“What is the enormous shadow covering the sky?”

“A monster? Calamity?”

“It is unfortunate my divination is weak.”

“The largest south star is falling while the bright north star has risen. Turbulent, turbulent—the calm before the storm is approaching.”

3