Chapter 33 – Fight and Separation
34 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 33 – Fight and Separation

 

“Don’t you feel the current season is great? Not cold nor hot. Oh, the hot soup they got here is sumptuous enough. I thought I will eat rock breads all along. Have you seen the Pearls of All Blue? They said it was the rarest and most beautiful pearl out there. Just one is worth a million of gold!”

Grimo clamped his face from the constant ringing in his ears. This wasn’t the first time, but Grimo already wanted to wring the head of this chatterbox.

A subtle energy went to his ears, blocking the attacks-like voice. It might be detrimental as forsaking his safety just for a simple nuisance. But he had enough.

Right now, he hid amongst a business caravan. He better be careful because he was in human wanted list. Although, he knew eventually their hunting dogs would screen his scent out. Thinking about those terrible knights, he grimaced.

“First comes first. I had to travel to County of Waterfalls and Pilgrimage. If the sources are correct, I might found the target there.”

“Next, I have to replenish my shadow army. This guy in front of me will be the first. You will know then how to spell despair!"

“Third is I need to divert enough attention from Senior Clown.”

“Last… I have to cultivate this emotion I’ve finally gotten! AHAHAHA! Senior Clown, you really give it to me!” A manic look painted his face as he stared the future he would have.

Woosh. The thin man hopped over the trees like a monkey. Below him was his comrade, running close to him.

“Hm?” His face changed. He sensed their targets’ auras split in three directions. “They separated?”

“What? Then which we will follow?” The oblong man scratched his head. “Are we going split too? Dammit, there’s three of them!”

The thin man barked. “We can’t separate. Only fools will separate and thought they could fight one-on-one. Just remember, as long as an Expert Level individual poured his heart and resources to assassinate a Grandmaster, he has a chance to succeed!”

“They are only brats!”

“No!”

“Anyway, our only target is Sarah. As for the other two, we will dispose them quickly. If not, then we’ll disregard them.”

“Okay. Okay, up to you.” Even though unwilling, the oblong man could only follow him. Shortly after, the two of them caught up with one aura. However, they turned shocked when they found out it was only a rabbit!

Their faces became grim as they saw a cloth hanging on the animal’s limb. The thin man spoke after a few seconds. “Looks like we can’t use Bestial Eye Evil Art to pinpoint their auras.”

“Yeah. It seems we are underestimating them.” The oblong man nodded.

“The Pendragons made sure that we can’t get Sarah’s aura. They have been together for long, so their auras have already mixed. Can I say, it’s an intricate plan from a renowned clan?”

“We can use other means to locate them, but…” The two of them gaze at each other. “If it was humans, they could train all their senses while Beasts have their natural heightened senses.”

“But for us demons, we can only improve a few aspects of our abilities. Only those gifted demons can upgrade all of theirs.”

“We have to tackle this with our limitations!”

“If you move fast, it’s possible for you to catch up to them. But as long as you are maintaining distance, they will still likely disappear once again.”

The thin man’s eyes narrowed. “Our data showed they weren’t familiar with this forest. That Sarah once hunted in this forest, but only in the peripheral. While that Jed went to the Mountains of Hope to train.”

“Heh. Becoming a Master by training in Common-Grade Arts? Such foolishness!”

“But we can’t underestimate him. So regardless where they headed to, they still needed to go to the river!”

“Indeed, that’s the only landmark here.” Both of them stared at each other.

“Thank goodness, Beasts Clans doesn’t live in the forest. Only a few outcasts can appear and they are far in between here. Beasts lived on the mountains or seas.” Sarah said while trailing the thick bushes. “But we still have to take precaution of animals and bugs. They might not be as dangerous, but small injuries accumulate overtime.”

“It will become a problem if a wound became infected. There are also poisonous things we need to avoid. We don’t have a doctor here, so everything is up to us.”

Ben stared at her side profile. She remained calm throughout even her family and the county were being siege because of her. Maybe she felt nothing. Or maybe her feelings were so strong that she forced herself to become calm.

Many thoughts passed through his mind, gazing at her with complicated emotions.

Ben ended his silence. “Why don’t we go around the Mountains of Hope instead? I’m sure they won’t be able to expect that.”

“And become those tigers’ food? No way.” Sarah stated. Behind her was Jed who had an unnatural look. The boy recalled the majestic figure he encountered before there.

“Humans reigned over the valleys and plains. Beasts on top of the mountains and under the sea?” Ben tried hard to recall the data given to them. But because of how large volume it was, he soon forgot most of it. “And Demons… ruled the vast forest?”

Nibbling his finger, Ben couldn’t help but feel afraid. “Aren’t we more in danger? Those two running after us are from Manecoon Clan of Demon Race!”

“Not only they are far wiser and stronger than us, they also have geographic advantage!”

Sarah wiggled her index finger. “Fighting is not all about brains and brawns. Sometimes, all we need is opportunity!”

“The Manecoon Clan have animal-like heads but humanoid bodies. Tiger, lion, zebra… you can name it.”

“Hence, their abilities also differ. A few are fast while others are strong. Their senses are also strong, though limited and varied. We can use that information to create an opportunity.”

“By the way, is it just me or you are much faster back then, Bro Jed?” Ben poked his quiet friend. He referred to the fight earlier. The latter nodded.

“Just what art are you training?” Ben continued to pester Jed. Though Jed couldn’t say about it, so he only smiled. The chubby guy only shrugged.

After running for more minutes, both Sarah and Jed creased their eyebrows.

“You heard that?” The girl gestured at her back.

“What?” Only Ben still confused as he saw the duo stopping.

“It’s water…” Jed muttered. The trio looked at each other. Sarah’s eyes lit up and her lips trembled. A few words whispered out.

“Now the fun part is starting.”

The two of them hid behind the foliage. They finally saw their targets. And moreover, they seemed taking their time.

“Yes, that’s right. Everyone's first reaction is to wash their scents.” The thin man nodded.

But his comrade beside him clicked his tongue. He disdained the kids’ actions. He didn’t know if it was carefulness or carelessness. Anyway, it was a good thing.

“Unfortunately, we are not relying on their scent but our skills.”

The thin man raised his head. “I’ll go upstream. Let’s meet downstream.”

Ben continued to scrub his entire body. The water was murky, but he didn’t care. He just wanted to cover his scent. Danger signs kept crawling in his skin without stopping.

Even now, he couldn’t believe how different an adventure was from his dreams. He thought it was all camping and stuff. Then everyone would find lucky opportunities to get stronger.

Reminiscing about his teacher’s Illusory Realm, it looked like heaven compared to this.

Something was also telling him he would face things incomparable to the markets’ life. He still hadn’t adapted to the journey where their future was uncertain.

In addition, Sister Sarah’s status made their journey more perilous. He could only begrudgingly accept this. Though he already made a plan that right when they reached their destination, he would part ways with them!

He felt sorry for his friends, but he would be on his own, searching for his brother!

“I’m sorry, Brother Jed, but I can’t become a fodder just for Sister Sarah. Everyone just wanted her. So she should be the one to face them all.” Ben splashed the water to his face.

He grew engrossed in his thoughts that he didn’t see a pair of eyes hidden in the water.

Splash. A vertical fountain of water blasted. In the center, a glint shot towards the unsuspecting boy’s throat.

Ben coughed and tumbled back, making the thin man’s eyes narrowed. He felt the toughness of the former’s skin and knew his attack was ineffective.

“Data showed how tough his body. But I assumed throat and other weak points will be softer. It seems incorrect.”

On the other side, the bushes behind them rustled and a monstrous body catapulted towards them.

When Sarah and Jed saw this, they remembered the gorilla’s move. “Not this again!”

A large splash of water bombarded everything in their vision. Any minute, attacks would strike towards their position.

But Sarah didn’t panic. All of them couldn’t see in the water, and their opponents were no better.

Jed knew their plan was starting. He quickly dove under the surface. As for Sarah, she remained on the edge of river bank. She hit the water, making the already disarrayed vision even more chaotic!

Ben used this chance to hide between the water fountains. The thin man followed behind him, but the former also hit the water to cover his vision.

“Not a chance!” Suddenly, a large arm caught Ben’s wrist. A large force made Ben’s face hardened. It lifted him and threw him to the bank!

But that was when Sarah appeared. The girl surmised her opponents’ plan while their plan needed to be in a state of chaos!

She held the other’s arm and positioned it to her back, before snaking towards his thick neck.

The oblong man flailed and drank a mouthful of water. He cursed the girl for getting lucky. He could easily go out of this restraint at any moment.

But before he could do so, the hands loosened themselves. He became confused. But then, the man found out the boy he’d thrown earlier was right above him!

Bam!

The waves even affected the thin man who was approaching. At the same time, the nearby Jed sprung to action!

Chak. A dagger tore an inch of his skin. But the thin man swam like a snake in the river. He pounced on Jed and his claws stroked.

The boy dove once again. But his opponent was more experienced than he thought.

Unlike him, the thin man was like a fish in the water. He was too helpless as he saw those claws tearing through his clothes!

Yet he didn’t feel dismayed. The water affected both of them and couldn’t land a finishing blow.

As for the other side, Sarah quickly resurfaced and held the oblong man’s legs. The latter still okay but he knew he would pass out if this continue!

He immediately struggled for air!

The chubby boy took this as a cue and hugged the man in the back. And because of their weight, they soon reached the riverbed!

Glugging sounded. The oblong man punched Ben’s flank, but he couldn’t generate enough force to rid the latter. Also, Sarah tried breaking latter’s legs.

Unfortunately, the thin man discovered this. He left behind Jed, who struggled to keep after him.

“Die!” The man shot like an arrow from the water. And his target was Sarah!

The girl’s eyes narrowed. She twisted her body, just enough to dodge the attack. Then her right hand held the man’s arm while her left elbowed his face.

Smack.

The thin man flew straight into the water. It was embarrassing to him. He knew they got beaten on their own game.

Anyway, his actions gave his comrade time to resist!

Planting his feet on the riverbed, the oblong man gained his foothold and carried Ben on his back.

The kid’s teeth clattered. His two arms strangled the man’s neck, but it was too thick. He could only watch as he saw the hairy head moved. And then both of their eyes met.

“Ahhh!” Ben shrieked as the big arm reached and threw him away.

The oblong man gasped for breath. It was unbelievable for him that a group of brats could fight them.

He wanted to roar and vent all his frustration by ripping these bastards apart.

Yet he only then realized that a petite hand sat on his chest. Looking closely, there was a knife held between it.

Roar! The oblong man swatted Jed, making him flew a few meters high. A figure caught him and dashed to return to the bank. Ben welcomed them and hurried to run through the bushes.

The thin man hesitated. But he cared for his comrade first. He could see anger on the latter’s face. Even he didn’t expect this outcome. They were always ready to die, but dying without getting even felt worst.

“Here, eat this.” The oblong man put the pill into his mouth. “This will only prolong your life, long enough to get your revenge.”

The oblong man huffed. “Cheerah! I will kill them all! If not, my name won’t be Bear-Head Tuffy!”

“Yes, that’s right! We will kill them!” Cheerah also became bloodthirsty. Sharp teeth flashed as his eerie eyes looked in the direction their targets went. “This is… the only inheritance we can give to our family!”

“Okay.” Jed pressed his fingers together. “That’s the second part of our plan. Next is the finale. Only then will we lose our tracks!”

Hesitation filled Ben’s face. He raised his hand and chuckled awkwardly. “Why don’t we call it off? One of our enemies was already gravely injured.”

“Won’t that be enough? They probably can’t follow us anymore, no? Let’s just go straight on our way. After all, we only need to trace the river and reach that village.”

The more Ben talked, the more he felt confident with his words. Also, the faster they get to their destination, the faster he could part ways with them.

Hearing this, Sarah shook her head. “You are too naïve, Ben.”

Ben wanted to reply, but Sarah waved her hand. “That’s it. We will kill them. Go, we still need to prepare the traps.”

“Running from someone faster than us is a bad idea. It might be possible for two to three days. But eventually, they will outrun us.”

“Also, variables will probably increase. Thus, the only way is to face them.”

“Why would they throw themselves into our traps? Won’t they just escape the first sign of danger? Then sit around, waiting for us to run again?” Unwilling, Ben made a weird face as he muttered.

The girl snickered and her face got filled with confidence. “Because it’s their last chance to deal with us. Once we are in the village, they can’t anymore.”

Cheerah observed the silence. He patted the tree before him and spoke. “There are traps everywhere.”

“It’s our last shot.” Huffing, Tuffy lifted his own body. He could feel the constricting veins inside his heart. Thump, his heart slowed a beat. “We can’t expect a backup.”

“I'm sorry. Because of my injury, we've given them time to plant their traps.”

“No worries. So, you will head first?”

“Yeah. Fighting them with traps would be too dangerous for both of us. At least, by going first, I’ll get rid of this threat for you.”

Cheerah got no words to say. He only nodded and prepared himself. 

Tuffy didn’t waste time and charged. His hulking figure tore through the fauna. In that moment, spikes shot from both of his sides.

Pshk. Pshk. It was an unnerving scene. His face became a look of madness as he ignored the jutting spikes piercing his body. He roared as he continued.

Peng. A log had fallen on top of him. He used his arm to shield his head but got twisted as a result. Though he rushed unfaltering.

 “Sis! This is so wrong!” Ben nudged Sarah. He gripped on her shirt as he observed the ghastly sight before him. “Why do we need to kill them?”

“They… have lives! And we are ending it… with our own hands?!” Ben shook his head in incomprehension.

The memory of a little boy being trampled played in Sarah’s mind. Thus, she saw this chance to vent.

Gnashing her teeth, Sarah slapped his hands away. “Fool, haven’t I already said this to you. Naivety will soon be your downfall.”

“But this is murder!”

“And so what they are going to do with us once we fell in their hands.”

“No! We don’t know that!”

Sarah became angry. She pushed Ben and readied to pounce on him. “Stop it!” Jed intervened right on time, but Sarah struggled with his hands.

“Finally… got you…”

But while they were quarrelling, Tuffy eventually reached them. He huffed and wheezed hard. All the words exited from the seams of his teeth.

He became bloodied from head to toe and pus leaked like sauce, making the trio’s face changed. It was an appearance resembled a person no more.

Clutched on his hands were pills, which he shoved to his mouth. Large veins protruded on his body like worms and his face became unnatural. A sickly color red.

“Arghh!” His body twitched as it grew larger by the second. Soon, he resembled a balloon more than a person.

“DIE!”

“Oh, no!” Sarah became shocked. This was not right! She at once dashed away and pulled the closest person to her.

Soon, everyone felt an outstanding amount of power ready to explode behind them.

Boom!

“Cough.” Sarah pulled herself out of the ground.

When she finally oriented herself, she discovered Ben standing beside the body.

“I–he is still alive…” Ben whispered. His teammates neared and also inspected the body. Everything in the vicinity became black, even the demon’s body. But they could still glimpse the twitching and the small bobbing movement of his chest.

“Finish him.”

A word rang out behind his ears. Ben shivered and craned his neck. He saw Sarah staring at him with cold eyes.

“W-why me?”

“Don’t ask. Just do it. There is no difference in killing him and animals.”

Ben further chilled. It was unexpected that such a small frame could utter such words. “Why are you always forcing me?”

“In the Illusory Realm, you forced me to kill innocent animals!”

“Now this! Why don’t you do it instead?!!” He yelled while pointing his trembling finger at Sarah.

“Because you are naïve. You need to experience firsthand everything so you can learn.” Sarah’s placid face continued staring at him.

“You are just too arrogant.” Anger and blood rushed inside his head. Ben’s hands flailed.

“Everything happened because of you!”

“That gorilla. Ayill. The little boy trampled by the army. People who are chasing us. And now this! What’s more do you want?”

“Stop guys.” Jed waved his hands.

“That’s the difference between me and common people. Others are just courting death fighting against all odds.”

“But the odds fighting against me are the ones courting death.”

The girl snickered and stood close against Ben. They could feel each other’s breath. And they could also see the emotions in their eyes.

Jed hurried to separate the duo, but to no avail.

Ben’s face became ugly, not knowing if he would cry or laugh. He looked at her in condensing manner and opened both of his palms flat. “You are praising yourself too much.”

 “Because while other characters have cheat, I am the cheat myself.” Sarah’s lips curved.

“That’s your imagination! Are you too delusional? Just accept that we are just kids. And that we can’t face these things.”

Sarah shook her head. “Don’t worry. These people will soon regret fighting against me.”

“Heh. But I regret joining with you.”

A barely visible shock appeared on her face, but it soon recovered. Jed beside them couldn’t close his mouth.

“I think… we need to stop this…” But before Jed could finish his sentence, a whooshing sound emerged on their backs. It was too fast, heading straight towards Sarah!

Ben wanted to push her, but an indomitable force gripped on his ankles. He looked back and saw a pair of eyes from the burnt body, staring at him with boundless anger. Then he got yanked to the ground seconds later.

Sarah twisted her body, but her shoulder still got pierced. But she wasn’t happy yet as she saw another shadow coming on their sides. This time it was larger, and she knew it was the thin man.

Everything became slow motion to her. A set of claws inched closer as she sense death also coming nearer.

She recalled the earlier conversation she had with Ben. The girl was unwilling to leave it at that. So… she unleashed her trump card.

Bam.

Cheerah found a fist shooting towards him with faster speed. He felt she placed it right on his face as if predicted. He flew backward as the pain registered.

The thin man grunted and steadied himself. He stared at Sarah, whose body emitting dangerous signals to him.

“So, this is what the data saying about…” Cheerah’s eyes narrowed, but he didn’t retreat. He even welcomed her by pouncing first.

The little girl’s complexion became worse. She hadn’t recovered from the last incident.

Last time, her spell circles almost cracked and a few of her veins became dim. The World’s Energy inside them turned more turbulent than usual.

Fortunately, she wasn’t using them at regular intervals.

“Get off of me.” Ben struggled to escape from the man’s arms. But no matter what he did, he couldn’t get free.

“Stay with me.” Tuffy felt the remnants of his life leaving him. Only his will made him held on to life. “Just let us… do our job.”

“Let us… kill that Sarah… then, everyone are free to go…”

“You just don’t know the hardship of us, Demons. People on top could eat whatever they want. And their powers increase unimpeded.”

“While us on the bottom, have to sacrifice a lot just for a small strength.” Tuffy chuckled. His hold was loosening and Ben could finally get out.

But the boy didn’t. He stayed and listened to the man’s words. He felt it was the right thing to do at this moment.

“That ritual was eating us. And our only chance is to become a Venerable. But getting there resembled a distance of two cliffs.” The man’s face was devoid of emotions.

If Ben stared at his eyes right now, he could see that it was soulless. Just like every common demon.

“Lucky for those with emotions. But those without them? We are scrapping for leftovers.”

“This mission, is a lucky opportunity for my family and for Cheerah’s family.”

“My child will receive many resources, enough for him to get a foothold on this world that forsaken demons.”

Ben looked down on the ground. Was it really demon’s instinct to provide for their family?

But those words… were too resolute for it to be nothing but a response to stimuli.

He asked himself, was he wrong in the first place? Everyone here had a determination to kill. Only him were not.

“Didn’t I also trained bitterly for almost one year just to find my brother? What am I expecting, that everything will be easy?”

“So I’m the one who is delusional.”

The boy only awoken from daze when a scream sounded. He saw both Sarah and Jed ganging up on Cheerah and now laying on the ground. A puddle of blood formed under his body.

Cheerah struggled to open his eyes. He felt as if he was seeing his family one last time.

He saw his son standing up after a rigorous training. This should be a preparation for the ritual. And from the looks of it, it was far better than from his past ritual.

“Demons don’t have emotions. I’m dying, but I still felt nothing. They said it’s our instinct to nurture our descendants, just like how animals do.” He smiled. “This nonsense void... I hate it. Ha! Hate? Big words for someone who doesn’t have emotions.”

“Ben.”

“Ben.”

“…” The chubby boy closed his eyes. He was too ashamed to look at Sarah. He saw earlier how bad her expression was.

“What? Can’t look? This happens because of you.” Sneering, Sarah popped a pill to her mouth. It melted in her mouth and soon, she felt her pain lessening.

She became exasperated as she saw him acting like that. “If only you kill him. No! If only you stood up and lend us a hand, then Jed and my life won’t be in danger.”

“Actually, if we don’t bicker in the first place, none of this will happen!”

Sarah gnashed her teeth as she shoved her fingers towards Ben’s face. “Everything was going according to the plan, but you foil it!”

“A fool. You are really a doofus! What’s the point of your brain, eh?”

“That’s enough!” Jed shouted. His eyes bored straight at hers. “Please consider his feelings”

Sarah rolled her eyes. She threw her arms up in the air. “Up to you.”

“Okay.” Ben finally spoke. “I-I’m sorry… I can’t go with you anymore.”

Sarah’s face darkened. “So, you are telling me that the resources and training my clan have given you are for nothing?”

Gripping his fist, Ben replied. “Don’t worry. I will pay it back in full.”

His words were almost a whisper, but wind carried it to the girl’s ears. It conveyed his determination, though.

Shock painted Sarah’s face. For a moment, it transformed from black to blue.

She couldn’t believe it.

Unwillingness, distraught, her eyes transmitted several emotions in a blink of an eye.

Then her eyes dimmed. Her chest bobbed up and down as she painfully closed her eyes.

She asked herself. Even she didn’t trust her grandfather. This might land her as ungrateful, but she knew things weren’t seemed to be.

Only two had power to make those assassins and plots became unnoticed. And Sarah knew her father was out of the question because he may be unreliable, but his heart really loved her mother. By extension, he carried this love to her.

“Ah.”

It only been her simple exclamation but Ben felt a sharp pain in his chest. He stared into her eyes. Those eyes that were full of trust, now vanished, replaced with coldness.

Sarah snorted. She left, ambling without looking back.

Only a few could have her trust. Yet right now, she had to increase her defenses even more.

Her face grew paler as she continued to walk. The straight shoulders were not quivering. She didn’t want to feel this pain again. Even she didn’t know if it was from her foundation or heart.

Jed’s face became complicated as he looked between Sarah and Ben. In the end, he’d decided on his path.

“Come after us, okay?” Jed patted his friend’s shoulder before following behind Sarah.

Ben stared at their backs and bit his lips until it bled.

A man patiently trudged the steep stairs. Simple materials were used to build it, hence the weariness.

Looking at his back felt like overlooking the vast expanse. People with fear of heights won’t be able to continue. Especially with such extreme height.

The man continued, though.

The long trek continued, and he only arrived at the very top after many hours.

Standing in front of him was a small temple. And the first thing he met was an old white slab. His chest arched when he saw the writings on it.

He stopped once again when he was only a few feet away from the temple. He observed it in great detail.

Too bad the temple resembled a dying old man. Its columns became too old, and a few of them angled away from its original position. The golden cornice had already faded, and the roof was wrecked.

“It’s been awhile, Golden Temple of Purity.” The man didn’t mind its appearance, however. He maintained the respect on his face as he ambled to the entrance.

Along the way, the temple’s appearance greeted him. Seeing it was like feeling the vastitudes of life.

He enjoyed the soothing peace till he exited to the back. In there was an old man fishing on a pond. The strange thing though, he used papers to catch the fish.

So no matter what he did, the wet paper broke and he couldn’t catch anything.

“Peculiar. I’ve been here all day forcing this old bones to work, yet I can’t even catch one. I sat just for a moment and I catch you seeing me.” The old man smiled.

The man immediately cupped his hands. Respect and awe became vivid in his eyes as he bowed to the person he looked up the most.

“Teacher.”

“Hm.” Pure Man continued what he was doing. “What do you seek, Child?”

“I have nothing to seek except for the path ahead.” The man stooped and sat beside his teacher. He felt serenity as he observed the paper continued being wetted and destroyed by the fishes.

“You have accumulated enough. Are you ready for it?”

The man made a hollow laugh. “You jest, Teacher. I’m afraid I’ll plunge to the abyss.”

Pure Man angled his lips to the side and teased his student. “Heh. Just copy Ryan Pendragon. Don’t you see him pushing to breakthrough, even though his odds are so low?”

“Teacher, you have seen through the shadows of doubt. Illuminate this student to see it.” The man quickly bowed.

 The old man shook his head. “Fear is a poison. Look at Cloud Rider. He is stubborn to achieve his dream. He wanted to become the fastest being alive. And when given a chance, he immediately grabbed it. Although it has a massive price, he was decisive.”

His student made a wry smile. “I can’t do it. He was talented to begin with. Destroying his entire foundation and restarting again, he is the only one who can do that.”

“Destroying doesn’t mean it’s worthless. His whole training is still with him.”

“I’m sorry, Teacher, but I’m afraid I don’t have the luxury he had. Also, his circumstance is different from mine. I will die if I place one foot on that level.”

“He will also die if ever that dragon has malicious intent.” Pure Man nodded while continuing his work. The sun was starting to set, but his basket remained empty.

“Empty your heart with fear. Only those with conviction can take that step.”

Even though the man felt hopeless, he still thanked his master. “By the way, Teacher. Someone wanted to see you.”

“I know.” Pure Man blinked. He patted his student’s shoulder and stood. He stretched before saying, “Quick, but also be calm. Everyone has endless possibilities. To each of our own who needed to delve in it.”

“But make sure that we will leave no regrets. So we can live or die with a light heart.”

The space before the man became empty, just like the basket. And also the fishes in the pond.

The man bowed.

 

3