10– Luca: “I don’t want to have anything to do with you!”
72 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the midst of the dark living room, the light emitted from the cookie jar seems conspicuous enough to call it a lantern.

Yellowish glow came out of Gingerbread man's body, making it looked more magical. And at the top of its candy cane, a slight flickered of pink light shine like a magic wand. 

Gingerbread man's tiny decorated mouth curl up resembling the evil gingerbread man in the movie.

System 1225: "What resemblance! This system looks more adorable and cute! Hmph!!" ಠಗಠ Comparing this system to that evil ugly thing...

The gingerbread man's dark black eyes flash white light. In an instant, Gingerbread man wave its candy cane like an axe chopping a tree in half. 

When the tip of the candy cane touched the transparent glass of the cookie jar, the candy can glow pink light. Webs of tiny crystal ice flakes crawl from where the candy cane and the glass met. 

Cracking sounds echo. At the same time, the temperature of the whole living room dropped quickly beyond freezing point.

As the jar was finally filled with ice crystals, the gingerbread man laugh, "kekeke" looking like a psychotic killer.

System 1225: "Like I said! Don't compare this cute adorable System to that evil ugly being!!!"

The gingerbread man once again lifted it's candy cane and smash it towards the frozen jar. 

Clash! 

"Finally free!" The gingerbread man wave it's candy cane like a wand and the cold from the room gathered like a water being drain with a flush. Then like a fireworks exploring off, the cold turned into a fist size snow flake. 

The gingerbread man nodded in satisfaction seeing it's own creation. It then jumped from where it was standing and into the snow flake. 

And finally, the snow flake went off like a shooting star towards the direction of the supermarket.

...

...

...

When system 1225 arrived at the supermarket, it immediately went to Luca. But it hid and didn't let Luca find it at all cost. 

System 1225 was still afraid that it will sleep in another cookie jar in front of a the TV, forced to watch horror movies all night.

Coincidentally, when system 1225 flew towards the other side of the shelf while hiding from Luca, it met someone having trouble deciding something to buy.

With a sparkling eyes, system 1225 didn't care about hiding anymore and immediately issued a mission.

...

A ring of a bell that sounded like marriage bell ringing in a tune of the song "Jingle Bells" resounded in Luca brain. 

For Luca, this Melody is like a mosquito buzz. It's irritating.

He looked at the writings in the scroll and his face can't help but turned black. 

Mission #3: 5 steps to the left, there's a handsome guy having a hard time picking what brand of soy sauce to buy.

Task 1: Help the handsome guy with his picking.

Task 2: Accompany the handsome guy around the supermarket.

Task 3: At the counter, pretend you don't have your wallet and let the handsome guy pay for your things.

Task 4: Compensate the handsome guy with your body.

Seriously, Luca was wondering about the constant last task of "compensating through his body". He was thinking if this was the system's way of provoking his anger. If it is, then the system really succeeded. 

Luca turn around ignoring the system's mission and proceed walking forward. However, Luca's direction will pass a certain location. 

Knowing this, Luca can't help himself and glanced toward that direction. Only to see a gingerbread man looking like an escape mental who saw its idol. 

Strangling the fist size snow flake like a horse while hugging a candy cane, gingerbread man flew around the handsome man. 

Seeing this scene, Luca sneer. He thought: 'If you like that handsome man so much, then I'm giving him to you!' Luca then strode off, leaving the 'happy couple' aside.

The moment Luca leaves, the handsome man looking troubled choosing a soy sauce brand turn his head looking at the direction where Luca walked off. The handsome man shook his head and heave a helpless sigh.

...

...

...

Back at the apartment. No, more like Luca's condominium.

"Host! Host! Why did you leave without even telling me. This system have to explore the entire supermarket just to find you!"

The gingerbread man looked aggrieved. It looked at Luca with pitiful eyes, like an abandoned dog begging it's owner to bring it home.

But who is Luca. Luca just glanced at the gingerbread man who thought of selling meng but failed. Luca just continue what he was doing, ignoring the system as if he didn't heard nor see anything. 

He have work tomorrow, and Luca didn't want to bother with this system. Actually, Luca didn't want to have anything to do with this system.

Luca didn't know why he was chosen. He was alone for many years now. He even thought that he will die alone, and was already counting coins and picking a good funeral home for his death.

He don't have much friend either. 

Thinking about this, Luca was now wondering why he was picked by this shameless system. 

After eating dinner, Luca went to his room, planning to rest early. Behind him, system 1225 was actually feeling a little guilty. 

System 1225 knew Luca's life. And it's knew how this time's mission was actually going to be difficult.

Luca was very indifferent to life. If some would compile Luca's seven days schedule, anyone could see that Luca was someone who lived a boring life. 

His schedule is very consistent. Aside for a few minor set back, such as the weather or sudden emergency from work, Luca will certainly do what is written in the schedule. 

Such monotonous life. But unlike others who also live such life. Luca didn't act like a robot or a machine. 

Because Luca live a life full of insecurities and anxieties. 

Just knowing the reason why Luca lived in such a high price building, will makes one realize how difficult life is for Luca.

That's why system 1225 deliberately used different tactics compared from what it used before its former hosts.

Instead of being a regular system, system 1225 act stupid and shameless for Luca.

But it seems that system 1225 really messed up big time this time. 

This child, Luca was actually that kind of person!! 

System 1225 don't want to believe it. 

That kind of person, as in, the kind where, if someone push, the other will pull. If someone deliberately used too much pressure to push, the other will stubbornly run away. 

This is Luca. 

If Luca was a tsurende, system 1225 might be able to laugh right now. 

But Luca is not! Luca is one of those stubborn nerds. Who only knew how to do the words they speak out!

Since Luca said "no" to the system from the very beginning. No matter how the system did its best to make Luca do the mission, the system could only cry.

System 1225: ...maybe I should have lied to him and said that it was a beautiful girl instead of a handsome man.

However, the gingerbread man shook its tiny head. The snow flake flew in strange direction because the driver was distracted. 

Not knowing about it, the gingerbread man– after shaking its head off from its maybes– suddenly went to have a face off with that wall.

System 1225: "!!!"

Crash!!

...

...

...

Handsome Man: *sneak a peak* 

System 1225: "Really?! Is that all? Can't you be more aggressive instead of shyly sneaking at the back all the time?!"

Handsome Man: *sigh~* "I can't help it, the author refuse to gave me more screen time. If I could, I will drill a hole in the wall separating me and my baby apart."

System 1225: "I like how you're thinking Buddy!  Even though, you're just a handsome guy."

9