Chapter 1: New Game
247 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I opened my eyes, I found myself back in the summoning room where the hell began.  As usual in the summoning circle there were 100 confused and panicked people. The knights were at their usual posts and the priests were chatting amongst themselves.  As for the pope, he’s with the king and nobles. 

“Well I’ll be dammed. This is a isekai. This is like a dream come true for both of us ain’t it Jammin?”

I looked to my left to see familiar faces and very much alive. Jammin, the to go guy with everything medical. He saved my squads’ asses in many ways, hell, he even weaponized defib in the most bizarre ways. The person that’s bro-hugging Jammin is Maxus, reason being He does crazy shit when he gets in the zone. 

“Cut it out you two, your bromance is creeping out the folks other there”

The one that unlatched Maxus bro hug is none other than my childhood friend, Lei. A master tactician and a  undefeated real time strategy world champion. She is a force not to be reckoned with. She can predict moves before they happen.

“Lei, just let them have their bromance. I gotta admit, they should retire and become comedians instead of gamers. Lol.”

The one that appeared from behind Lei is Jane. She doesn’t talk much and I swear, the appears and disappears like a real life ninja. As much as I am overjoyed to see my friends well alive, there is one thing that disturb my mind and that is why am I back here? I already saw through the indicators that I traveled back in time. The question now is who and why?

My inner thoughts were interrupted by a knight… wait no. As I got a closer look at him, he looked like he is also wearing some kind of priest robes. He gestured me to follow him as I later noticed the other people were being escorted out of the room.

As I was being escorted through the tunnel from the room I was just in, I caught sight of a door that is slightly opened. I could make out two figures using a whip of some sort at another figure that is chained up like he or she is about to be crucified. I could not bear to look at the sight, so I shifted my attention elsewhere. But I could have sworn the chained-up figure mouthed at me, “Help.”

It did not take too long to get to ground level however I was ushered into what looked like a makeshift cathedral that was set up just recently. The knights had the people lined up and told them to place their hands on the orbs to be checked, the knights also told us after the status check is done, maids will then escort us to our lodgings.

I could hear some of the knights whispering about a “Heroes” summoning being successful. From that I roughly guessed that later the people here along with me will be thrown into a war that is not ours. I reached the orb last as I was the last one to enter the room and copying what the others had done, I place my right hand on the orb. It flashed a bright light for a brief second before the entire inner sphere turned white and black which puzzled the priest that is reading the orb.

“This is peculiar. This one is a “Hero”, yet I cannot see his profession and blessings.”

I looked at the priest and asked him.

“So…. Is it good or bad? Or are you guys going to toss out someone you summoned that doesn’t have… whatever you are looking for and readin…?”

I ended in a question like tone as the priest responded.

“Good heavens. No. Your title as a “Hero” is good enough. But it is highly likely the jobs you can take is limited to say the least.”

I looked at the priest and gave him a Pikachu surprised face.

“Oh.”

My friends waved me over to them. Before I took a step forward, I resolved myself with a plan that they may or may not like. However I already knew that if I don’t take a different path right now, our future will remain the same. 

“Nothing ventured, Nothing gained.”

I whispered silently to myself as I make my over to them.

Alright. Chapter 2 and 3 will be released sometime later today.

6