Chapter 04: Prison Break Preparations
79 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been three days since I had that dream with Ainne in it. The dream was very lucid, but at the same time it felt surreal. I couldn't remember what I was thinking as I conversed with Ainne. Heck, I couldn't even believe that I acted they way I did. There were so many things that felt off with the whole dream itself, but there is no point in dwelling on things I can't understand, I need to focus on things that are happening now.

For three days, all I could understand is that way they operate this prison makes no sense. The guards keep us more than fed, with each portion consisting of a huge amount of meat, a loaf of bread, an assortment of fruits and vegetables, and cup of milk. I don't understand the economy of this world, but I do know that meat should be expensive no matter what world we are in, and yet they are feeding us slave rather magnanimously. The guards would even threaten me to finish my meal or suffer being stabbed, I don't think they are doing this because they have a motherly side to them, rather it is almost as if they were fattening us up.  

I've tried calling out to the other prisoners, but it appears I am isolated from the main prison. The guards would only come during meal times. They wore leather armor over clothes that seems to be made of twine. Each guard would be armed with a spear and a short sword strapped behind their waist. They are apparently ordered not to talk to slaves and so they ignored me whenever I strike up a conversation with them. That is until they get fed up and threaten to stitch up my mouth if I don't shut up. Lastly, before the day ends, the guards would reluctantly replace my waste bucket and give me more hay whenever I've done any sort of nature move. They would this by activating the white crystal that was embedded on the ceiling of my cell. It would send out a kind of gravitational force pinning whoever is inside the cell, though the guards are somehow unaffected by it. The guards called this crystal the crystal of subjugation.

The next thing that I've noticed was that they didn't even place another Choker of Slavery on me. Being the man who was left alive after killing their leader, it is strange that they didn't bound me at least like they did last time.

To sum it up, the prison placed me in an isolated cell, fed me lavishly, had strict and disciplined guards keep watch over me, and did not put me under the effects of the choker of Slavery. All things said, they do not add up. What I can assume regarding why they kept me alive is that they were either running low on slaves and every last slave counts, or that they had a fate worse than death in stored for me. I hope it's the former rather than the latter... Next would be the choker. Nobody in their right mind would not take the opportunity to ensure that the one killed their leader was properly enslaved, especially if the guy had feinted. So what exactly happened? Could it be that only their leader could cast the spell? That would be highly unlikely unless they had a rule that only the leader can... Maybe it is indeed so... Maybe they haven't decided the next leader. No, that is optimistic. It could also be that they used mind control on me. Ainne did say they were mind controllers when we first met. If so their mind control failed  because of my mental corruption resistance and they didn't know about it? No, that is optimistic too. For now I will assume they have some sort trump card that will inhibit my actions. Now regarding their treatment, it could be that it is related to whatever plans they had in stored for me. If so, I don't want to find out.

During the last three days I already thought of a plan on how to escape but it would involve me getting stronger. With my current body, I wouldn't be able to take down a single one of them, luckily I know a way to get stronger faster. For now, I need a makeshift weapon, armor and some tools. I made my way to my hay bed, the guards won't be back until it's meal time. I grabbed a few strands of hay and twisted them to make twine. The twine itself can't do anything, but by twisting it with other twines I can make rope or even makeshift clothes, and that is exactly what I am going for. The guards always give me more hay whenever it looks as if I'm running low, and with that in mind, I made a whip, a roll of twine, a roll of rope. Next I made twine gloves and twine shoes. You can really make a lot of progress when you have a nothing to do. By the time I finished the guard came bringing lunch. I was wearing my gloves and shoes, but I hid my whip and tools inside my shirt. The guard looked at me.

Guard: "Who gave you those shoes and gloves?"

Orpheus: "I made them using the hay and my spit."

The guard looked at me with a slightly disgusted look. And before he says or does anything else.

Orpheus: "I get cold here rather quickly so I made some clothes for myself. These are nothing compared to the proper clothes you are wearing, they are all rough and itchy. If you are gonna take them away could you at least give me a blanket?"

Guard: "You deserve none! You killed his Holiness, Lord Marzmellow, those rags are perfect for someone like you."

I held in my laughter while pretending to be regretful for what I did to Marzmellow and that I couldn't get a blanket. I wore my gloves and shoes to see if they will take them if they saw me wearing these but thankfully the guard left it alone. He will probably inform his superiors too and they will probably do the same. In any case, I've my plan succeeded, the more clothes I wear, the easier it is to hide weapons, that guard was utterly foolish. The twine clothes were indeed painful to wear, but they are stronger than the clothes they wore underneath their armor and easier to repair as well. Not to mention there was a medieval armor called the Gambeson Armor. It is a padded armor made from overlapping cloth, it is cheap, light, and can easily be made stronger just by adding more layers. In fact it was proven to be able to stop blades as long as it had a certain thickness. Using the twine, I should be able to make a makeshift Gambeson Armor. But hiding armor is gonna be tricky, maybe I could make a pillow case and use it to hide the armor. I could even make several pillows to act as camouflage, you the saying, hide a tree inside a forest.

I've set aside the hay for now and moved on to train my body. Muscles get stronger after healing from tissue tears made after a workout, with regeneration, my muscle should be able to heal faster, thus allowing me to get stronger faster than the average guy. I went to a push up position and begun. This is a strange feeling, by the time I reached the fifteenth, arms felt a little wobble but there was no pain since I am now without pain or rather painless in a sense. Amazing, with these two abilities, I may even become the strongest in the long run. Hehehe... Just you wait... I'll get out of this cell and when I do, all of you who put me here better watch out.


 

2