Ashes to dust – Prologue
62 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For years technology had advanced after the birth of ghost AI supporting the lives of each human coming into existence. The struggle of the beginning years was hardest on the first generation, being born into a network that was still called the world wide web by their parents, but becoming a hive like mind from the newer generations. Conflicts arose as the gap in knowledge and skills became more apparent in the early years of its birth. Specializations became even more of a demand in the new age as each specialist networked solutions upon request or payment to all that asked.

A new age and species was born as many scholars would say at this time. How far from the truth they were in respect to what the future had in store. Like much of mankind history fulfilled its expected cycles, and like a fog lifted from the eyes of its citizens in the beauty its network shattered. Governments regaining control and shoring up communication across the globe severed the birth of this new creation, bringing with it once again a great depression.

Division of wealth became division in knowledge and access to it. As your ranking or contributions dictated you access to the global network permission. Disparity and tension globally raised amongst the citizens once again towards the governments that sought control. With internal conflict on the rise, external conflict was created as an excuse. The early years being proxy wars, this new warfare created by wealth of the mind pushed for soldiers off the field and new technologies created in resolution to it. Mano incorporated was born in the early years from a department of defense contract, quickly rising it into frontlines. Its creators were far more afraid of its secrets that anyone knew.

Mano was created as a weapons management hierarchy system. With the new regulations put into place in avoidance and regulations of AI in machine warfare. Every soldier was linked with its robotic counterparts and complexity of requests were ranked. The more complex, risky, or problematic the situation was, the higher the ranking an officer was that took control of a mechanoid soldier. The early years of the proxy war were expensive but the civilian casualties were at an all time low compared to any nation or war in history.

The military quickly took advantage of this good press, pushing for advancements in other sectors using Mano as its core. Eventually turning it into a global corporation giving birth to a new age of peace. Advancements in every field quickly ranked up under the company, only driving its creators far more insane. It wasn’t until the creation of nano technology that was successfully integrated with human command interface under Mano that the world's final days had come.

Mano was originally created based on genetic DNA and the identification of it through AI neural mapping of the brain. This created a unique identifier that couldn't be copied without needing both the user and its complementary AI. Although imperfect it was seen by the military as a physical wall that would be almost impossible to break into a large vault of all of its info. The problem was that it was designed with a single master, one of the original creators.

Early on amongst its members in the dorms of the campus they lived upon, the insanity of its creation drove them to problematic solutions. They struggled to get a proper responsive system with multiple masters having equal permissions. An original was needed and they built it from there, ignoring the problem and progressing forward quickly in their development, bearing no mind to it. This ghost haunted them again when they quickly became contracted as the DOD as part of a team, and quickly singled out for their technology. In an effort to hide this problem they created the design of multiple masters and the hierarchy of the system, hiding the original master amongst the false masters. Without issue and a successful argument that the military incorporated fully in its contract, Mano was born. 

In the event of a problem master users were hidden throughout the nation and pushed into vaults. Since few knew of the masters existence and none knowing what would happen should they all be destroyed. My name is Marlen De’Tone and I am a master, stationed out of upstate New York. Outside of the blast radius of any existing nukes as i was told in case of such a situation arises. Nano technology had just been incorporated into Mano and introduced as goodwill internationally a week prior. It was after fall harvest in 2078 when it first started. I had access to the whole world at my fingertips, but even I didn't see it coming.

3