Chapter 1: Virtual World
458 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey, should we like wake him?  It’s amazing how he can sleep through the heavy plasma blasts shaking throughout troop compartment.”

A voice spoke near Zhu Guozhi causing him to stir back to his senses.

“It’s fine. Leave him be, Jammin. Speaking of him… Do you lot want to hear the greatest theft ever to happen in the history of man? It involves that guy sleeping like a log over there.”

Zhu ears twitched a little at the mention of theft and he slowly opened his eyes halfway, but not so much to avoid raising suspicion to the others around him. The owner of the voice began to tell the shortened version of the theft.

“Listen closely as this theft was in the making for almost a century. It destroyed the economy of a certain country that likes to flex their paper bills.”

A feminine voice suddenly interrupted the speaker.

“OH! Oh! I know this story! The family that worked their way up the chain in the party where they were entrusted with the party’s wealth and secrets! I heard that they started planning it 120 years ago and… I forgot what they did do after they escaped?”

The original voice belonging the to storyteller coughed before picking up where the feminine voice left off.

“Right.. So, after they escaped the country with the party’s wealth they went out of their way to do the most insane thing possible. They paid off everything to countries which had debts to the party and that alone limited the action the party can take. However, their theft caused their homeland to be in a turmoil where it’s a free for all.”

At that point Zhu interrupted the person telling the story. He let out a sigh and placed his right hand on his head. Zhu then looked at the storyteller.

“Jesus, Jackson. Why must you tell the controversial version ran by the news media?”

The person named Jackson who had his story interrupted twice looked at Zhu and grinned.

“Then why don’t you tell it? Your version. The one that’s been handed down in your family eh?”

Zhu sighed again and shook his head sideways.

“Man, sometimes you are a pain in the ass.”

Jackson grinned again at Zhu’s retort.

“Alright. Long story short to avoid complicated parts. My family along with their co-conspirators cleaned out everything that the party has. Then they initiated a large-scale exodus to Europe. Leaving both the country and the party ruling it in shambles.”

Zhu stopped briefly to think about what his grandfather had said in his tale. He finally remembered something his grandfather mentioned.

“At the time, politicians around the world were stunned at what to do. Some thought it was a coup however as the instigators, my family left their homeland, the idea was shot down. It took the politicians five years just to figure out what to do with the unprecedented event.”

As Zhu continued the tale of the great theft of the 22nd century, other people in the compartment began to gather around him. He noticed the small attention he is gathering and let out a light sigh.

“After that using the wealth stolen and given back to the countries affected by the debt practices initiated by party, using the leftover wealth my family started this gig.”

What Zhu meant when he said this gig, he meant that his family started investing in technologies capable of allowing humanity to tap into the world of cyber space. Their investment into the research soon opened gave birth to a virtual device that allow the human consciousness to be transferred to cyberspace. Something that many have thought to be mere fiction. As soon as the device known as “Neurodyne” was mass produce to the public, Zhu’s family followed up with the release of a game called “Phantasia,” a virtual open world where there are endless possibilities. The game along with the device at the time became an instant hit, many developers soon flocked over to his family’s company to get a piece of the golden pie.

“I got a question, how did your family managed to get the triple AAA’s developer like Bungie’s cooperation that later expanded this game to what it is now?”

Zhu looked at the person on his left who asked the question and laughed. He gave the person a very unexpected answer.

“A reasonable buy in and they get 30% from micro transaction sales which is long premade in the house.”

Silence loomed over as many of the listeners were showing shocked faces at the deal made. Zhu noticed another person that opened his mouth however he quickly added.

“Neurodyne sales were at a high time rate. So small things like cash shop purchases isn’t something my family thinks should be taken advantage of so it is priced accordingly to how you would buy a gift card in the real world.”

Zhu looked around at his listeners.

“I hope you all have a better understanding, but I do request of you to keep what you heard to yourselves.”

As Zhu said that, a loud static voice resounded throughout the compartment. As for the source, it came from an intercom placed above the door on Zhu’s right side of the seat where he was napping on.

“Attention blood thirsty passengers! This is your pilot speaking. Thank you for flying Pelican Echo 777. We are now approaching the enemy fortress ship. Prepare for a Hot landing and disembarkment. LZ is still lit like my cousins’ drunken holiday party.”

As soon as Pelican Echo 777 hovered right over the bridge of the enemy’s fortress ship, the pilot quickly opened the door which Zhu and the other people riding in it jumped straight down.

“Good luck L.T.F, Purge all the heretics and non-believers of Lolis in that ship! Oh. Gotta go, I am in danger.”

Pelican Echo 777 performed an inverted flip and nose dived straight down to avoid the concentrated plasma ani-air blasts. After landing above the bridge, it took Zhu and his team

a couple of minutes to reach their assigned breaching point.

Zhu quickly placed his right index finger by his right ear. Doing so allows the communication device installed there to operate. The device is not visible to naked eye, but it allows both short- and long-range communications among other people who share similar devices.

“Loli Task Force. Comms check. Comms check.”

“LTF Papa. Loud and Clear.”

“LTF Harambe. Ready to breach on your mark.”

“LTF Gfuel. The only beverage that matters.”

“LTF GreenisSus. Still think Green is Sus.”

“LTF RateUpIsaLie. I need to stop gambling this games’ loot crates….”

“LTF Jammin. Yo did anyone see my sentry drone?”

Zhu face palmed so hard that it was almost heard over the comms.

“…You guys…. Ah fuck it.”

Zhu took out a breaching charge  from his back pouch and planted on top of an escape hatch. The rest of his team followed suit.

“Ready. Breach on my Mark.”

Zhu took one more moment to look at the placement of his team before bringing his focus back to the escape hatch in front of him.

“Breach!”

On that signal explosions were held however the opponents in the bridge were unprepared by the powerful suction force that followed shortly after the blast. As Zhu and his team entered, at the same time twenty enemies soldiers were ejected out into space. The ship’s emergency protocol was kicked into effects shortly after Zhu and his team landed feet first in the bridge room. Back up hatches closed off the breach caused by Zhu’s team, however the enemies left in the bridge were slowly reorganizing from the sudden attack.

Ahh and his team didn’t waste time as they immediately fired shots which crippled their opponents. Zhu made a bee line straight for the captain of the ship and tackled him hard. The captain receiving the full force staggered and lost his balance and hit head first on the ships control board.

Zhu soon noticed he knocked the captain out by accident muttered, “oh fuck.” He quickly placed the captain on the captains chair and restrained him by placing metal chains all around. He placed a metal lock in the center as an extra precaution in case the captain wiggles his way out of the restraints.

Zhu then went over to the ships control and turned on a ship wide broadcast.

“Attention Insurgents forces! Your ship is now under UNSC control. Lay down your arms and surrender. You will be granted safe passage back to your headquarters.”

As soon as Zhu stepped away from the controls another voice was soon heard.

“System Broadcast:  Battle of Fortress Ship ‘Yamato’ ended with UNSC victory. All resources, funds and spoils of war  earned in this battle  will be distributed to your Dropbox.”

Those who had participated in the battle were teleporting back to their home base while others are socializing. Zhu walked up to his team and gave them all a five five.

“Zhu. That was an excellent play. A bit daring I have to admit but thrilling regardless. Whelp. I’m gonna get off for the night. Got more stories to write. Cheers!”

Jammin chuckled as he gave Zhu the good old bro fist. Shortly after Jammin’s  avatar disappeared, Zhu’a other friends followed suit as the match they participated in took almost an entire day. Zhu soon became the last avatar in the bridge of the ship ‘Yamato’. He took a stroll until he crossed the crew's sleeping quarter floor. 

“Man I’m dead ass beat from that match. Gonna get me some shut eye before teleporting myself back to my home base.”

Zhu picked a random room in the sleeping quarters floor and immediately lept of top of the bed. He slowly drifted off to sleep.  A strange circle suddenly appeared below the bed. There were strange markings and engravings that made the circle unique however unbeknownst to Zhu, he slept through and later would find himself in an unfamiliar land.

Kicking off with some VR world action. I do apologize for some weird dialogues when it comes to gamers talking to other gamers. Chapter 2 would be up sometimes today or tmr.

8