Chapter four: A valiant knight
997 10 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tanaka arrives in front of a huge building with three floors, she enters the building and walks toward the counter. As she walks by the numerous player, she can feel that some of the men are ogling her. She doesn't really mind since she also thinks that her body is hot, she turns her head toward a few of them and winks her left eye.

M1-"Ohhh, she just winked at me!"

M2-"You wish! She obviously winked at me!"

Tanaka chuckle as she continues walking toward the reception area, the action of that two-player remind her of the good old day where he messes around with Adachi. As she reaches the first counter, the NPC staff lady immediately bows and greets her.

L-"Good morning Tanaka-san!"

T-"Good morning uh... Mori-san."

Tanaka is not as surprised as before when the Innkeeper interacted with her, however, she still has to get used to checking the NPC name before greeting them.

T-"Can I see the quest list for Rank E adventurer?"

L-"Sure thing! Here is the list of bounty and quest you can accept."

A blue menu shows up on the counter.

[Rank E quest]

[Easy: Slimes population control]

[Easy: Grocery errand]

[Easy: Find lost letter]

[Normal: Goblin scout]

[Normal: Wolf extermination]

[Hard: Goblin cave]

 

Tanaka thinks for a while and selects the Goblin scout quest, she presses on the quest and a sub-menu shows up. 

[E*Goblin Scout]

Level recommend: 5

A party of goblin scout has been spotted near the eastern entrance of beginner town, seek them out and exterminate them.

Reward:

Guild reputation +40

Experience +300

400 G

[Accept quest? Y / N]

 

She pressed on the Y icon and the menu vanishes, she takes a look at her quest list and it has been added to the list. Tanaka gives a bow to Mori and walks away, as she is about to leave the guild a female player walk past her. The player girl turns around and looks at the back of Tanaka as Tanaka walks out the entrance, she tilts her head and keeps staring at the entrance.

G-"That girl... she looks just like Tanaka-Kun, does Tanaka have a sister?"

She thinks for a while and decided to ask Tanaka next time they meet, she turns around and continues doing her stuff. At the fountain in the middle of beginner town, Tanaka is sitting on a bench and eating a cream bread.

T-"I can actually feel hunger here, looks like I need to stock up some extra food not just for healing but also for lunch and dinner."

She throws away the bread wrap on the ground after she is done eating, the wrapper perishes into pixels. Tanaka then proceed to travel toward the western entrance, when she walks by the player market, she sees that 2 players are fighting a hooded figure. She recognizes that the hooded figure is one of the slimes cultists, she thought to herself that the two other players must have chosen a different path on the slimes cult questline. This is a perfect opportunity for Tanaka as helping a cultist will also increase Cintra favor, she dashes toward the bulker player and smashes him with the slimes mallet, the bulky player gets sent flying by the impact of the mallet and fall down on the ground far away. The taller player instantly turns his head toward Tanaka and yells.

TP-"What the hell are you doing!? Are you a friend of this cultist!?"

T -"Not a friend, but you can say that we are acquaintance, also do you think you have the leisure to be talking with me? You look down on the slimes cultist too much."

TP-"Huh!?"

Just as the tall player hears what Tanaka just said, he turns around and faces the cultist again, but it was too late. The cultist's right palm is aiming at the player and suddenly he chanted something that turned his right hand into a giant slime maw, the maw bite down on the player and half his body perished. Just as the tall player vanished, the bulky man dash toward the cultist and swing his ax at the cultist's head. Tanaka immediately responds by sending Vanguard to the cultist.

T-"Vanguard go to the cultist! Protect him!"

Vanguard instantly jumps to life from the bracelet and bounce itself toward the cultist's head, it grabs on his head and turns into a silver knight helmet. The ax attack gets repelled by Vanguard and the man loses his balances, it is then Tanaka jumps toward him and smashes her mallet right on the man. The player perishes into pixels and Tanaka noticed a red notification is floating next to her.

[Warning!]

You have just killed a player in a safe zone, your name will now be tagged with a red skull mark to shows that you are a Pker.

A player may now attack you in the safe zone without consequences, if you die to a player attack during this phase, you have a 20% chance to drop a random unbound item and an 80% chance to drop some gold.

Time remaining: 30 minute

Tanaka however, is not worried about this penalty in the beginner town, newbie will almost never attack a skull-tagged player as they know that a player capable of killing another player must be strong enough to do so. Dying will also cause them to lose 25% experience, so generally, no newbie will waste their time on PVP so early on. The cultist's hands turn back into normal and he approaches Tanaka.

C-"Thank you, sister, without your help I would have a hard time using my transformation skill. Lady Cintra is grateful for your assistance and she wants me to give you this ring."

T-"Oh thanks, won't say no to a free item."

After receiving the ring, she checks her favor with Cintra.

Cintra Favor (100)

Tanaka smiles while staring at the increased favor, her plan worked out well, she even got a free ring from it. She then checks the information on the ring.

[Rare Ring of slime friendship]

Agi +12

Int +12

Upon equipping the ring, most slimes will become passive and will not attack you unless you attacked them. Any aggro from combat with slimes will vanish if the player stops attacking and put on the ring, however, the slimes will have their HP restored to full.

T-"Nice!"

Tanaka says out loud in excitement, the player around her looks at her weirdly. Tanaka ignores them and gives a farewell to the cultist as she continues to travel to the eastern gate. When she arrived at the eastern exit, she hears someone yelling at her.

TP-"Hey you bastard stop running! You are going to pay for what you did!"

BP-"Your item will be the payment for our lost experience!"

The two-player has revived and is chasing down Tanaka trying to PK her, Tanaka quickly runs into the eastern part of the training forest. The two did not stop chasing and they are determined to kill Tanaka, as Tanaka runs by some blue slime knight she would kick the slime to aggro it, after a few minutes of running and tagging, a group of angry blue slimes knight is chasing Tanaka too. The tall player looks at Tanaka confusingly while chasing down her, then the bulky player starts to shouts.

BP-"That bastard! She is trying to get killed by the slimes so she won't drop an item on death! We need to hit her somehow to enter PVP mode!"

TP-"Darn it!"

Right when they are ranting about it, Tanaka suddenly turns around and dash toward them, when Tanaka reaches the bulky player, the player tries to swing his ax at her. Tanaka dodge by sliding down on the ground and across the open gap of the bulky player legs, she then keep running as the groups of blue slimes knight bounce across the two-player, when the player is surrounded by the blue slimes knight, Tanaka turns her head around and put out her tongue mocking them, she put on the Ring she just obtained and flip them off. All of the sudden, the slimes stops chasing Tanaka and they all turn toward the two-player, all of the blue slimes knight jump and stab both of them. The player perishes into pixels and the slimes bounce back to their original spots.

T-"Easy haha, Newbies are so fun to mess with."

Tanaka continues on her quest, she creeps around the forest and searches for goblin tracks. While searching she will often meet a few slimes that get closer to her and snuggle her legs, she knows that it must be the effect of the ring. One of the blue slimes knights even follow her around seemingly to protect her, Vanguard emerges from Tanaka bracelet and bounce around with the other slimes. After a few minutes of searching, she finally finds a few footprints of a goblin, she tracks them down a secret path and finally finds a group of 4 goblins sitting around a campfire.

Tanaka slowly approaches the group of goblin while Vanguard merges back into her bracelet, the blue slime knight follow her behind slowly. When she got as close as possible to one of the goblin, she jumps out and smashes the goblin head with the max STR mallet, the goblin head is destroyed and it perishes into pixels. The other three goblins are alerted and they dash toward Tanaka, when one of the goblins gets close to her, the blue slime knight bounce out from the bush and stabs the goblin right in the chest, the goblin falls onto the ground and dies instantly. Goblin in the training forest is around level 6 so they stand no chance at all against a level 30 slime, the two other goblins panicked and tries to run away.

T-"This is unusual... goblin normally won't run away without a retreat order... wait, order!"

She immediately stops chasing and her hunch is correct, when she stops chasing a massive club appears out of the bush and is aiming at her head. Vanguard immediately emerges and wraps around Tanaka's head and turns itself into a silver knight helmet, the clubs smash right onto vanguard and Tanaka is fling backward, that one strike would have instantly killed her but Vanguard has drastically reduced the damage. Tanaka crawls toward a tree painfully and checks her HP.

HP: ███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

T-"That's way too much damage argh! I can't believe that there is a hobgoblin in the training forest."

The figure emerges from the bush, a huge goblin wearing a makeshift scrap armor holding a giant wood club. It walks toward Tanaka menacingly, suddenly, the blue slimes knight from earlier bounce toward the hobgoblin and stabs it in the right leg. The hobgoblin groan in anger and it smashes the blue slime knight with its club, the slimes flattened and perish into pixels as a slime's core appeared on the spot. The sacrifice of the slimes has bought enough time for Tanaka to heal herself up with some food and she runs toward the hobgoblin and swings it at the left body of the hobgoblin. The full-strength mallet impact has caused the hobgoblin to stumbles and fall as it has suffered a huge amount of damage, it gets up quickly and tries to escape. Tanaka then summons Vanguard to her hand as she throws it as hard as possible toward the hobgoblin, Vanguard activated its skill and turn into a silver drill, piercing the hobgoblin head and killed it.

Tanaka lies down on the ground as she pants, the fight is way too hard and totally unexpected. She opens up the quest list and sees that the quest is completed somehow, maybe without the hobgoblin the rest of the scout has escaped from the training forest. She then gets up from the ground and walks toward the slimes core, she picks up the slimes core and buries it in the ground.

T-"Thanks for the help buddy, may you spawn again in peace."

Vanguard bonce toward Tanaka and jumps into her embrace, they then proceed to return to the beginner town to turn in the quest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Would you like me to replace pixelated death with blood and gore?
  • Yes, blood for the blood god. Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No, pixel death is beautiful. Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Just passing by... Votes: 2 8.7%
Total voters: 23 · This poll was closed on Dec 20, 2020 11:52 PM.
40