Chapter Five: Toxic Spooder
864 5 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Tanaka has returned to the beginner town, she notices that there's several strange NPC roaming around the town questioning player and other NPC, she gets closer to one and notices the insignia on their shoulder pad. The insignia depicts an angel with 3 pairs of wings surrounded by 3 golden circles, she immediately recognizes it as the symbol from the Church of Purity. Tanaka quickly unequips her ring and walks away from the agent of the church, the Church of Purity is a religion that considers all monster as impure being and must be exterminated on sight.

T-"They must have come here due to the two-player that has failed the quest from the slimes cult quest. I just hope that they won't interfere with me too much."

Tanaka stays as far away as possible from the numerous agent and proceeds toward the adventurer guild. Upon her arrival, she sees that two players are kneeling on the sidewalk with their hands and legs cuffed, a spiked sag is also covering their head with a strange eerie glowing collar locking the sag in place on their neck. Tanaka knows that this is a 'Jail Penalty' event that happens if you fail the quest from the Church of Purity, it's one of the reasons Tanaka hates the church as they are brutal against anyone that offended the pope. She takes a glance at the ID of the player and she confirmed it to be the bulky guy and the tall guy that she interfered with previously.

T-"Yikes, sucks to be them, if I remember correctly on the forum someone says you can't play the game for 72 hours during this penalty and your avatar will kneel in place during the duration."

She shakes her head and enters the guild, she walks toward the same counter as usual.

M-"Welcome back Tanaka-san! Sorry for the brutal sight outside, I wish the Church won't do such a thing in public, sigh..."

T-"It's alright Mori-san, best not to talk about it too often, the pope is a really petty person."

M-"Ah my apology! I will keep that in mind, well anyway, are you here to turn in your quest?"

T-"Yep!"

As she answers Mori the staff lady, a golden notification shows up.

[E*Goblin scout ✓]

Reward obtained:

Guild reputation +40

Experience +30

400 G

 

T-"Hmm, not enough to get to level 4, at this point, I am not sure if doing the quest in the guild is the best way to level."

Tanaka thinks about it, she walks back and forward near the reception area wondering if she should power level with a stronger mob or keep on questing. If she decides to power level she will have to do some research on the best mob to grind for her current level, in GAIA LIFE there's a limit to the experience you can gain from a mob, for example, if a player of level 5 somehow manages to kill an ogre of level 120 they will still get the maximum allowed of experience on their current level. This is to prevent a stronger player to carry a newbie in an area where the monster is a hundred times higher in their level compared to the newbie.

After some research on which will gives the most experience, she decided to power level by farming a variant of spider name 'Jungle Stalker'. These spiders nest around a dungeon at the far western side of the training forest, it is also the dungeon with the most death rate of the player as most newbies underestimated the difficulty of the dungeon. These spiders can also spawn outside of the dungeon but they only spawn in one, with only one spider around is easy for a newbie to defeat, hence misleading the new player to think that the dungeon will be easy.

Tanaka then leaves the guild and visit the item shops, she bought 20 bottles of antidote which cost her 600 G. She also bought a few bottles of oil and a few sticks of flare, in total, she spends around 1100 G. After buying the supplies, she is ready to head out to the dungeon. Right when she is about to leave the store, the shop owner called out to her.

O-"Please wait! Can I request you to do something for me?"

T-"Umm it depends, I might be gone for a while so if it's an escort mission I am afraid I can't do it."

O-"Oh, not at all! I am wondering if you can obtain the fang of the jungle stalker queen, I have actually requested numerous adventurers but they all eventually give up on it."

When Tanaka hears that the owner wants the fang from the jungle stalker queen, she also hesitated to agree on the quest, she knows that the fang is a 1% drop from the queen and it only respawns every 30 minutes, it's known to be a tedious quest and only a handful of player has ever completed it. After doing some thinking, she decided to accept it since she has to spend a lot of time farming the spiders anyway.

T-"Okay sure, I will do it, no guarantee I will complete it though."

O-"Ah brilliant! I will wish you the best of luck!

A gold notification shows up in front of Tanaka.

 

[Quest accepted!]

[Secret* Fang of a queen]

Level recommend: 26 (Party of 4 is recommended)

Reward:

R Splash poison flask x 20

Necklace of poison resistance UC~L (Uncommon to Legendary)

 

Tanaka wave goodbye to the shop owner as she leaves the store, she then visits a food store to buy some food. After checking if she has everything prepared, she leaves the beginner town via the eastern exit. When she exited the gate, she opens up her inventory and equips the slimes ring since no agent is around the outskirts of beginner town. Tanaka travel toward the dungeon, she doesn't have to worry about the slimes and she only needs to look out for the roaming spider.

After 10 minutes of traveling, she arrives at the entrance of the cave dungeon, she summons out Vanguard.

T-"Turn into a shield Vanguard."

Vanguard bounces upward and turns into a silver round shield, Tanaka equips Vanguard on her right hand and shrink down the slimes mallet to a regular one-handed hammer size. A huge weapon is not suitable in a cave hence she makes it smaller, she then proceeds to enter the dungeon. When she entered the dungeon, she hides behind a few tall stalagmites and scout the area. After making sure that no spider is around the entrance, she begins setting up her camping area by breaking a few stalagmites on a cramped area forming a narrowed small hole that can fit only her and one spider at a time.

Next, she begins exploring deeper into the dungeon until she met groups of jungle stalkers, she then dashes toward one of them and smashes it dead, the spider perishes into pixels and a swarm of spiders begins chasing Tanaka. Tanaka runs away toward the cramped hole she created and enter it, she then throws a bottle of oil at the further front of the hole and lit it up on fire with a flare. The swarm of spider ignores the flame and rush toward the hole, they lit up in flame as they enter the hole one by one, Tanaka put up her silver shield and smash every single spider that enters the hole to death. It became a repetitive strategy where a spider enters the hole and spit poison, Tanaka then blocks the poison with Vanguard and then proceed to smash it to death, over and over again. Some of the spiders even burn to death before having a chance to enter the hole.

Tanaka repeats the same strategy for a few hours until she eventually leveled up to level 8, he then stops farming for a moment and head toward the queen chamber. Arriving at the chamber, she sees a bunch of bundled-up egg sacks and a giant green spider in the middle of it. Tanaka then begins to prepare to cheese the boss with the same strategy she used previously, the spider queen is too big to fit in the hole so all she has to do is defend against the poison spits of the queen and repeatedly smash its head with her mallets.

A few more hours went by as Tanaka has killed the queen around 14 times, still, none of it dropped the fang she needed, she wonders how many more she has to kill before it eventually drops a fang. On the 15th kill, the queen once again didn't drop the fang but it dropped something even better, she inspected the drop and find out that it's a cape.

 

[Unique Toxic Cape]

Agi +20

Poison resistance +10%

The user will have a 25% chance to unleash a wave of toxic torrent around its surrounding that damage and poison all enemies after a successful block against physical melee or ranged attack.

 

T-"This is perfect with a shield, guess it was a good idea to grind on the spider boss."

Tanaka equip the capes and the cape glows in an eerie toxic green, she then tests it out on a small swarm of the spider. When one of the spiders hit Vanguard, a wave of toxic torrent splurge out around Tanaka toward the spider and they scream in pain as they melt into pixel, the toxic poison is so intense that even the spider poison resistance can't resist it.

Tanaka then proceeds to repeat her farming strategy on the spider until eventually, the boss has respawned for the 20th time, as she slew the boss, a familiar notification shows up.

 

[Jungle Stalker Queen slew: 20]

[Jungle stalker will now explode and splash toxic around the area upon death, Jungle Stalker queen physical resistance increase by a 20% and HP is increased by a 50%]

T-"Been expecting this to eventually shows up for a while now, guess I have to keep my shield up all the time now."

Tanaka continues killing but at a slower pace.

When will she ever obtain the fang she wonders, she sighs as she continues the grinding.

36