Chapter six: Goddess encounter
891 15 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, a hot topic is being discussed among the new and old players.

[Ano91- Killed by exploding Jungle Stalker??]

[This morning while I am doing a quest which requires me to hunt 3 Jungle Stalker, I died only after successfully killing one spider. I did not die because of the spider dealing a final blow to me but because it freaking exploded in toxic right after its death! I am so frustrated right now, how am I suppose to complete this quest without losing 50% experience!? I am a warrior class for god sake..."

[Comment]

Ano27-"Use a bow idiot."

Ano32-"Warrior can't use bow moron."

Ano47-"Wait, Jungle stalker explode? Glad I didn't take that quest..."

Ano121-"Must be a new update, back then when I do the quest they didn't explode at all."

Ano55-"Get a ranger into your party, play smart, don't panic."

 

Back in the dungeon...

T-"I have a feeling that some players might have already suffered from the change in these spiders."

Tanaka mutter to herself as she kills off the 47th queen, this time the fang finally dropped, Tanaka walks toward the fang and pick it up. As she obtained the fang, she decided to stick around longer to grind one more level till 10. She waits around the chamber of the queen as it has become a safe zone temporary with all the egg sack gone, while bored, Tanaka pace around the chamber to search for any drop she might have missed.

When she gets close to the far end of the chamber, part of the walls starts to shine in green and a notification appears.

[You sense something behind the wall!]

[Use Jungle Stalker Queen fang? Y / N]

[Warning: Item lost upon usage!]

Tanaka wonders if she should use the fang she spends so much time trying to obtain, what if the secret entrance is just another stronger boss she thinks. She decided to browse the internet to check if anyone has ever posted information about the secret wall, however, she has found nothing useful at all, most of the player that has gotten a fang just brag about their luck in the forum.

After spending a few minutes thinking, she decided that she is going to risk it. Worst case scenario it's a secret boss that locks the exit and she will die and lose 2 levels, if not that then it will be loot. Tanaka ready up Vanguard as she prepares to use the fang, she then presses on the Y icon.

*Cling Clang*

*Dink dink dink dink...Bang!*

The stone wall slowly rotates as it slides open to the side, causing a loud bang as it hit the wall next to it. The opened wall reveals a tunnel into another part of the dungeon, Tanaka holds up Vanguard and prepare for any surprise attack. As she enters the tunnel, she sees that inside the new dungeon is just a medium-size chamber with a small dry up spider carcass in the middle with 4 human skeletons surrounding it in each corner. The spider looks awfully strange as it only has 4 legs, can it even be considered a spider Tanaka wonder. Each of the skeletons has its neck chained up with one of the spider legs by a mithril hook.

Ancient Warning

 

There is a strange insignia carved on the chain around the neck of the skeleton, there is also some windings language carved on the wall. Tanaka uses the translation system to translate it and it read as "Do not free the beast", Tanaka then carefully inspect the spider carcass on the ground with a strange symbol on the back of its body, she thought to herself that the beast must be referring to this small spider.

While she is inspecting the spider, another notification appears on top of the spider carcass.

[The spider carcass may be used with the fang!]

[Will you use the fang on the beast carcass? Y / N]

[Warning: Doing so may bring change to the world of Gaia and new events may appear all around the game, you may also receive a long-term quest upon the usage of the fang.]

Tanaka shows extreme interest when the system mentions a new event and quest, she proceeds to press the Y icon without any hesitation.

 

As she pressed on the icon, a small red notification shows up.

[Error: Unable to use item!]

[Reason: You do not have the item required!]

T-"Oh right, I used a fang on the wall, hmm...guess I will have to keep farming on the queen." 

Tanaka doesn't feel bad at all since she is excited to know what will she gain upon releasing the beast, she thought to herself even if she lost 2 levels here it is worth it to bring more events into the game. Tanaka wants to continue grinding for the fang but she is tired, she left the dungeon return to the inn to rest. When she leaves the dungeon entrance, a blue slime knight bounces to her and snuggles her leg, Tanaka gives it a pat on its blob head and travel back to beginner town.

As she arrives at the exit of the training forest, she waves goodbye to the blue slimes knight and enters the town. The knight bounces away into its habitat. Tanaka then returns to her private room in the inn and take out some food to eat as dinner, after the meal she then calls it a day and sleeps on the bed. 

 

Meanwhile at the church of purity...

Two-man in a full set of mithril armor is bowing to a pope figure, the pope raises his hand and the two other man raise their head.

P-"For what have you seek an audience with me?"

M1-"We are here to report on the slimes cult activity in the beginner town, it seems that the two adventurers we send has failed their duty and we have already punished them accordingly."

P-"Oh? That doesn't really concern me, just send more adventurers to root out those cultists, sooner or later we will find out where they reside."

M2-"There is another thing your grace, recently we have caught a cultist and proceeds to torture him for information, however, he did not reveal the location of his brethren or their hiding spot."

M1-"During his last breath, he mentions something about the Goddess Cintra has chosen her champion to punish those that defy her will."

P-"Hmm...that is indeed troublesome, tell the man to cease their activity at once and return to their family, we need to stay low until we can figure out what Goddess Cintra is intending to do."

M1 & M2-"Yes, your grace."

 

As both the man leaves the church, the pope turns around and look at a statue of a Goddess.

P-"Oh Goddess Gaia, when will you answer my prayer, you have spoken once to our ancestor but now you have gone silent for eons, we have fulfilled your wish ever since you bless us with your presence, why have you abandoned us so?"

The pope kneels down and opens the bible of Gaia, it depicts the Goddess Gaia descending to the mortal realm and speaks to a human. However, the human has deeply misunderstood the words of Gaia. When Gaia first interacts with the human, she referred to the human as her 'beloved child', the human misunderstood this as a message from Gaia itself that humans are the favorites of the Goddess. As the message of Gaia passes down from generation to generation, it begins to twist and turn into what has become of today. The ancestor of the church of purity has committed evil in the name of Gaia, causing carnage and mayhem around the world. Their action ultimately caused the Goddess Gaia to abandon them, leaving them to their own fate even if they were to face their demise.

The pope read the twisted bible as he cries, hoping that Goddess Gaia would once again bless her with her presence, not knowing that the day will never come for the miracle to happen will never come.

 

In Tanaka dream...

She open her eye to a tranquility garden, everywhere around her is plants and flower, numerous slimes are seen bouncing around in harmony. Tanaka gets up and wonders where she is, she wanders around hoping that she will find an answer. As she gets close to a white canopy in the middle of the garden, she sees a blue long-haired maiden sitting at a chair, drinking teas and patting slimes that rest on her thigh. The maiden turns her head towards Tanaka, gives her a smile, and signal her to come closer.

Tanaka slowly walks toward the maiden, some of the slimes bounce toward Tanaka and snuggle her legs, causing her to have a hard time moving around. The maiden then waves her hand to the slime as they slowly back away from Tanaka, Tanaka gives a small bow to the maiden to thank her for the assistance. 

Before Tanaka can ask a question when she has gotten as close as possible to the maiden, the maiden begins to speak first.

C-"Sit down my child, have some tea, and enjoy the presence of the slimes."

T-"Umm...okay."

Tanaka sits down on the chair facing the maiden and has some tea, a silver slime then jumps up to her thigh and snuggles at her.

T-"Vanguard? You are here too huh."

C-"Of cause, I have summoned Vanguard along with you."

Vanguard wiggle around showing a sign of happiness, Tanaka pat its blob head. As Tanaka looks around, she notices that the exit outside leads to clouds of nothingness, but somehow some slimes are constantly manifesting from the entrance and some vanish into nothingness as they leave.

T-"This is rather interesting..."

C-"My children are just so adorable don't you think?

T-"Yes, yes they are...wait, your children?"

T-"Might you be the Goddess Cintra herself?"

C-"Indeed I am Tanaka-Kun, it honors me that you manage to figure out who I am."

 

Goddess Cintra continues drinking the tea as she pats the golden slimes on its thigh, it is then Tanaka starts asking questions.

T-"Goddess Cintra, why have you summoned me here?"

C-"I merely have a request for you my child, I assume you know the existence of the Church of Purity?

T-"Yes indeed I do, I have some personal hatred for them myself."

C-"I cannot blame you, my child, but I can assure you they are just lost in their own fantasy."

 

She put down the cup of tea and continues saying.

C-"There is someone I would like you to meet, she is a sister of mine and she has been wanting to meet you for a while now." 

As she finishes her sentences, a woman with green braids manifested from the eastern doorway, she then proceeds to walks toward Tanaka and Goddess Cintra. When she arrives in front of the canopy, Goddess Cintra gives her a small bow and she does the same to her. 

C-"Tanaka-Kun, this is my sister Gaia."

G-"Nice to meet you Tanaka-Kun, as my sister has just explained, I am Goddess Gaia and I have something to talk to you about."

T-"Ah it's an honor to meet you too Goddess Gaia, please, do take a seat too and tell me what do you wish to talk about."

 

Goddess Gaia sits down next to Goddess Cintra as green slimes bounce up to Gaia's thigh, she then continues her conversation with Tanaka.

G-"Truth to be told, I am the sole reason that the Church Of Purity has existed, I am also the one that has caused them to have such a twisted view on the other race of the world."

T-"I don't understand, I can't believe that a Goddess will lead the human to create such an evil religion, I assume that there is a reason for that as well?

G-"Yes, Tanaka-Kun, they have misunderstood my word when I bless them with my presence, hence leading them to end up in such a twisted way of thinking. It became worst when I abandoned them when I should have descended and changed their mindset, eventually, they have become the Church of Purity that you see in the current day."

G-"I have a request for you Tanaka-Kun, I feared that they will not believe my word when I once again descend and talk to the pope, which is why I need you to help me in this quest. You must search for the Church of Purity and put a stop to it once and for all, it is then I can descend and explain to the pope as to what my words really mean, he is currently in a confused state and might misunderstand me even more if I were to descend now."

T-"That's uh...how to explain, I am currently too weak to infiltrate the Church I am afraid, I am sure you have noticed I am weaker than my past self."

G-"Do not worry Tanaka-Kun, I will not force you to assist me immediately, I just hope that when the time has come and the opportunity is in front of you, you will remember my request and assist me in helping to cleanse the church and change their religious belief."

T-"I will make sure to remember that, I give my word to you Goddess Gaia."

 

Goddess Gaia gives Tanaka a smile and nods her head, she then put the green slime down on the ground as she walks toward the southern doorway and vanishes. As Tanaka pickup vanguard and gets up, Goddess Cintra stops her and tells her something.

C-"My child, I have blessed Vanguard with my power, when you return you may find that it may have obtained new strength and ability."

T-"I understand, umm anyway...how do I leave this place?"

C-"Just leave through the southern doorway, do not worry you won't fall into the cloud."

Tanaka nods and gives a small bow to Goddess Cintra as she leaves, when she steps into the cloud her vision darkens as the sound of slimes bouncing ceased.

 

Tanaka opens her eyes and sees that she is in her room once again, shes get up and check on Vanguard. Vanguard is already sitting on her leg and staring at her, she opens up the familiar menu and observes its changes.

 

[Mithril Slimes 'Vanguard']

Behavior: Protective and Aggressive

Ability:

Full Guard: Mithril slimes can completely fuse into their master and turn into a set of Mithril armor, shapes of the armor varies bases on the user preferences.

Metamorphosis: Mithril slimes can change into any object the user desires, the object range from tools to weaponry.

To arms: Mithril slimes may turn part of its body into a shield and weapon to engage its enemy if commanded by the user.

 

T-"Ohhhh, Vanguard you become even more awesome!"

Vanguard bounces up and down in excitement as it turns itself into a smiley face, Tanaka picks it up and hug it. Vanguard returns to its original form and wiggles showing signs of happiness.

 

Announcement
I suck at drawing so this is the best you guys going to get for now, hehe.

 

 

 

38