Chapter twelve: A price for everything
597 7 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tanaka hesitates for a while before she eventually made up her mind, she presses on the Y icon and accepts the class change.

When she pressed on the Y icon, the notification closes and the insignia on the back of her right hand begin to glow, the mark begins to burn again and this time a creepy smile and a new pair of the fiery wing is added onto the demonic skull of the insignia. This time it hurt even more causing Tanaka to clench her teeth and kneel down on the ground, as the pain subsides, a new notification shows up in front of her.

[Class change complete!]

[Tanaka] red mark 9999:99

Level: 18

Class: Crimson Oni

HP: ████████████████████

MP: ████████████████████

DE: ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

STR: 54

AGI: 62

INT: 41

Perk:

Hardcore - Experience gain reduction 90%, level reduces by 2 on death.

Assimilated - Pain Tolerance set to 0, you will experience real pain that comes from injury and damage on your body depends on the intensity.

A privilege denied - Trading and Player Market has been removed from your feature.

Demonic - Demon kin can absorb Demonic Energy from defeating an entity with evil alignment or corrupted entity with neutral to evil alignment.

 

As she inspects her new status, an eerie voice whisper to her.

B-"Embrace the darkness..."

A small notification pops up.

[Baal has blessed you with his power!]

[Alignment: -10000]

Baal Favor +50

Gaia Favor +200

Cintra Favor +200

Unknown Favor +100

Unknown Favor +100

Diablo Favor -100

Unknown Favor -100

Unknown Favor -100

Unknown Favor -100

Unknown Favor -9999 (Max)

 

Tanaka stares at the favor that has decreased to the absolute bottom, she wonders which godly entity suddenly hates her so much. She is even more confused as to why Gaia and Cintra favor has increased instead of decreasing, isn't forming a bond with Baal a bad thing she wonders, or is it because she got stronger from it, she thought about it for a while but she could not get a conclusive conclusion. 

After that, she opens up her inventory to check on her item detail once again.

[Oni Soul Mask]

Level requirement: NaN

STR +8

INT+12

Killing a mob will absorb a soul, each soul increase INT by 2, stacks up to 5 souls, last for 5 minutes.

[Oni Gauntlet]

Level requirement: NaN

STR +10

Every 10th hit will be a guaranteed critical hit, stack will not be lost upon changing the target.

[Oni Chest Armor]

Level requirement: NaN

STR+6

AGI+6

INT+6

Each time the user is hit by physical damage, the target will receive self-immolation that burns its HP by 0.1%, stacks up to 5 times, and last for 30 seconds.

[Oni Bottom Armor]

Level requirement: NaN

STR+6

AGI+6

INT+6

When the user HP reaches 1, become invincible and immune to crowd control for 3 seconds, healing effect -100% during the 3 seconds.

[Oni Crimson Boot]

Level requirement: NaN

AGI+10

Increase movement speed by 6%, immune to ground base fire attack and spell.

[Necklase of damnation]

Level requirement: 15

When the user defeats a mob, the mob will turn into a vengeful soul that flies into a nearby mob and explode for INT x 10 damage.

 

After she has fully understood what her equipment does, she closes the menu and is ready to head out. As she leaves the blacksmith, she notices that few of the player that walks by her will often stares at her strangely. She thought that it might just be her new armor attracting attention so she ignores it and continues on, as she is approaching an item store, a player walks up to her and block her way.

P-"You must feel very proud of yourself huh, killing players in a safe zone, does it excite you to bully the weak?

T-"Huh...?"

P-"What? You going to act innocent and pretends that it's self-defense? Just so you know, most of the players that reached this point know that you don't get a red skull if you kill a player in self-defense!"

T-"Red skull...? Didn't my mark expired long ago?"

Tanaka ignores the player and checks her status properly, it was then she sees the mark.

red mark 9999:99

The mark seems to be stuck on a loop, it will fall down to 9999 hours and 98 minutes, then it just refreshes and turns back into 9999 hours and 99 minutes. Tanaka stares at the duration with a confused face wondering if it's a bug, at this moment, the player tries to punch her right in the face but Tanaka stops him by grabbing his fist with her hand.

T-"Stop it, I have no idea why I have the mark, so let me figure this out."

P-"Bullshit! Anyone here can kill you without consequence, you best let me finish you off right here, there's no escape for you."

As the player finishes talking, Tanaka glance around her surrounding, numerous player is watching the commotion and most of them are looking at Tanaka hatefully while some just open up their recording system and record the commotion. When more and more player is taking out their weapon, Tanaka turns her attention back to the player that tries to attack him.

T-"If you can't convince them, confuse them..."

Tanaka mutter to herself, the player narrow his eye, wondering what nonsense is Tanaka saying. Tanaka then stares right at the player's face and smiles.

T-"You will be my ticket out of here."

P-"Huh?!"

Tanaka pace around at the spot as she laughs at the numerous player, she then stops and starts talking sinisterly.

T-"So you guys are going to kill me huh? Well, you can try your best, to survive that is!"

Tanaka summon out Vanguard on the ground and Kumo on her shoulder, as the player sees her summon two familiars at once, they start to back off and some even activate their defensive skills. The player around her then starts to talk to each other.

P1-"She's... a beast tamer!"

P2-"No wonder she has a mark! Tsk, I bet she is just killing players for fun because of her high level."

P3-"Screw this! I ain't losing my experience from something that doesn't concern me."

Some of the players have begun to leave while only a few stay behind, Tanaka then turns back toward the player that attacked her once again.

P-"Wha-what!? I ain't afraid of you!"

The player takes out his two-handed sword and points it at her, Tanaka then stares at him and activates her skill.

T-"Hell Blast."

As she chants the skill, 4 ball of hellfire manifest around her and rotates in a clockwise pattern, as one of the hellfire rotates toward the player, it exploded violently in a cone shape toward the player and instantly killing him. The player perishes into pixels as the other player starts to panic and run away, Tanaka looks around and make sure that no one is trying to attack her again, she then gives off a big sigh as she activates the bug reporting feature. She then types in her problem and sends it to the Dev.

[Mark Bug]

[After changing my class, I received a permanent red skull mark for no reason, please fix this before the whole world turn against me, thank you.]

A few seconds after she sends the message, she received a reply from the dev.

[Re: Mark Bug]

[It's not a bug, have fun.]

Tanaka stares at the message with her eye open widely, she starts to curse the dev internally but decided not to say it out loud. She then stomps away angrily toward the item shop, as she enters the item shop, the player that sees her shriek loudly and they leave in hurry. Kumo would hiss at them and Vanguard bonce around menacingly, somehow Vanguard just seems really cute instead of aggressive. 

T-"You tried your best buddy."

Tanaka picks up Vanguard and pats it, she then proceeds to walk toward the counter and think about what to buy. She then remembers that she has obtained groud-based flame immunity and decided that she will grind some level at the Easy Hell Dungeon, the hell dungeon is rough for most of the players as its ground will cause a burning effect if walked on without burning protection, however, this will no longer be a problem for her anymore. As she opens up the store menu, the NPC starts to talk with her.

NPC-"Hey miss, I appreciate that you are going to buy stuff in my store, but scaring away all of my customers is bad for the business you know."

T-"Umm... sorry about that, I will be careful next time."

The NPC nods his head and let her continue browsing the store menu, Tanaka then turns her attention back to the menu and bought a few splashing potions that increase flame resistance, she might be immune to ground-based fire attack but direct attract that caused burning will still affect her. After purchasing the item she needs, she gives a small bow to the storekeeper and leaves the store. 

Next, she heads on over to the guild center and proceeds toward the dungeon teleportation room. The clerk on duty wave to her and approaches her.

C-"Where would you like to go, miss?"

T-"Hell Dungeon solo, Rank E."

C-"Understood, please proceed toward the teleportation circle."

Tanaka nods her head and walks up the magic circle, she then stands idly while the clerk activates the device. The magic circles starts to glow in blue and a blue matrix code starts to swallow her up, she then vanishes on the spot and starts to manifest in a hellish area, as she glances around her surrounding, the object within the dungeon begins to wrap in distortion as red matrix code consume them, slowly but surely the matrix code starts to disappear and everything turn back into normal, it was then a notification appears in front of Tanaka.

[Dungeon has been modified!]

[Dungeon rank is now: S]

[Would you like to use a hardcore badge? Y / N]

Tanaka stares at the notification and presses the N icon immediately, she is here to grind experience not to farm loot.

 

T-"Let's roll buddies."

Kumo taps its leg together happily as Vanguard bounces around making blob noise indicating excitement.

 

27