Chapter fifteen: Slave of war (Part 1)
1.3k 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Kobold Necrolord raises its staff, it cast a spell that creates a green barrier protecting its carriage, the kobold army then roars in sync as they charge toward the human encampment.

MS-"Spearman! Raise your spear toward the enemy, shield line brace yourself for impact!"

The commander of the NPC immediately respond by using his commanding skill, when he gives the order to the other NPC, they would receive a buff based on the formation created, for example, the shield line is enveloped in a green defensive buff while the spearman spear is radiating red piercing aura. The player that match the formation will also receive such buff hence the reason why most of the player will choose to stick with the formation, Tanaka watches as the human army glow green and red.

T-"Feels like Christmas eve here."

She then smiles as she turns her attention back to the kobold, the kobold army is charging without a formation, seemingly suicidal. As they arrive in the range of the spearman, the spearman lunges their spear forward and stabs the kobold, suddenly, the kobold that dies exploded and knockback a group of shield NPC. Tanaka's eyes widen as she witnesses the explosion, she realized that something is odd as she inspects a kobold that's charging toward her tower, she jumps down from the tower and enlarges her mallet, as she falls she swings her mallet downward and smashes the kobold. The kobold is pinned down by her large mallet but it's still not dead yet, it shrieks as it claws on the mallet, desperate to escape from Tanaka. Tanaka uses this chance to carefully inspect the kobold, it was then she discovered something, a red leeches that are half burrowed into the heart of the kobold. As she takes a closer look at the leeches, a notification appears on the leeches.

[Explosive Leech]

Explode on the command of the caster, subsequently, explode when the host perishes.

Duration: 99:99

 

T-"The kobold is forced to invade..."

Right as she has realized that the kobold is enslaved, a kobold with dual ax jump toward her and swing at her, Vanguard turns into a round shield and deflect the attack while Kumo sprays toxic at the kobold, the kobold screams as the toxic burn its body while it rolls on the ground in pain. Tanaka turns her attention back to the kobold that's pinned down and she interrogates it.

T-"Who forced the kobold to attack?"

K-"Grr..can't tell human...Azugoh will die.."

T-"Is it worth it to die like this? Just tell me before the leech kills you!"

K-"Hah..ha...Azugoh must live!"

As it says its last word, it grabs its dagger and stabs into its own neck, as its HP depleted, the leeches bloat up in a red glow. Luckily, Vanguard has just killed off the dual ax kobold as it bounces toward Tanaka and turns into a big oval plate of mithril, the pinned kobold explosion is nullified by vanguard shielding but the explosion from the dual ax kobold is close enough to deal some damage to Tanaka. Tanaka clicks her tongue as pain surge through her right arm, she quickly chucks a potion as she observes the army situation. The suicidal kobold seems to be dealing a lot of damage to the army and has even broken the defensive formation, the army is scattered as they each fend for themself. Both sides seem to be equally devastated from the explosion, but Tanaka knew that the truth is the human side is on the losing side, she glances at the kobold necro lord and frown.

NL-"Raise dead!"

The worst-case scenario has happened, the kobold necro lord created skeletons from the perished kobold and human NPC, a swarm of a raised skeleton now completely surround the human encampment. They rush toward the human NPC and attack relentlessly, the NPC begins to fallback as they suffered heavy damage. The situation is grim and it appears that the Kobold is winning, commander Makoto frown as he observes the devastation.

MS-"Retreat for now! We will fallback and defend the checkpoint, I have sent a runner to call for reinforcement, everyone retreat!"

The buff on the NPC and player vanished as it gets overwritten by a speed buff, the human army begins to retreat toward the checkpoint as they fend off the pursuit of the skeleton swarm. The remaining of the kobold army begin to take over Inja Village as another wave of kobold slowly appears from the forest of Indra. As Tanaka escapes with the army, a player that runs along with her tap her shoulder.

T-"Yes?"

O-"I saw you chatting with a kobold during the kobold attack, did you find out something?"

T-"Not chatting, it's interrogating."

O-"Wait, you can do that?"

T-"Yes, too bad it didn't work this time."

O-"Damn it, what the hell is going on anyway, I thought that this is going to be easy for my level, can't believe that the explosion can chip away so much of my HP."

Tanaka looks at the player's status wondering who he is, she then realizes that it's the highest level player in the army.

[Orion]

Level: 120

Class: Siwa Knight

HP: ██████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

MP:██████████████▒▒▒▒▒▒

Tanaka sigh as she wonders what will happen next, even a level 120 player struggles so much in this event. Just as the situation seems dire, a new notification appears in front of all the players.

[Main Objective updated!]

The kobold has been found to be under the control of another force, commander Makoto is forming a squad to infiltrate the forest of Indra in order to root out the mastermind, join the infiltration squad and defeat the mastermind before the checkpoint is breached!

[Secondary Objective updated!]

Defeat the Kobold Necrolord and repel the remaining invasive force.

 

 

 

 

 

25