5.Magic Test (Part 1)
1.2k 9 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After sensei out of the blue announced the magic test, we then make our way to the castle's courtyard.

Both of us is equipped with an identical wand, the wand has 2 components, the stick and the core, the stick part is made by using Ash Wood while a Blue magic stone is used for the core part.

Spoiler

Ash Wood is a type of wood that could only be found in the Ashen Forest, the wood specialty is it's magic conductivity, Blue magic stone has the ability to increase the user Water based magic.

[collapse]

"I will repeat the rules of the test once again, please listen carefully."(Armen)

"I understand."(Sophia)

"You can only pass the test by hitting my body once using your magic and you will fail the test if I take the bracelet from your hand, if you can't take it you're also free to give up, do you understand the rules?"(Armen)

"Loud and clear, you don't need to worry sensei, I won't give up."(Sophia)

"Okay then, I will let you to take the first move."(Armen)

"I'm thankful for that."(Sophia)

"Without further ado....."(Armen)

"Let the test begins!!"(Armen and Sophia)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even though sensei said that he would let me attack first, I didn't even had a chance to do anything when he suddenly casted a water barrier to surround him.

"Water Dome"(Armen)

"Sensei, you said you would let me attack first!"(Sophia)

"Hahaha, I did say that, but I didn't say anything about not defending myself."(Armen)

I then pointed my wand toward sensei's direction, I then pictured a revolver shooting multiple bullet, I then casted the spell.

"Ice Magic:Ice Bullet"(Sophia)

3 bluish magic circle then appeared in front of the wand, just like I imagined, multiple ice bullet were shot from the circle.

(With that many bullet, there must be at least one that can pierce that barrier.)"(Sophia)

But reality doesn't work that way, when the ice bullets hit the barrier, the bullet instantly disappeared.

"Tch!"(Sophia)

"You can do better than this."(Armen)

"Water Blast"(Armen)

A straight blast of water then came out from sensei's dome, when I nimbly dodged the blast, the blast then followed me, I then keep dodging.

"Sensei, it's not fair to cast your spell with a 'Homing' attribute, isn't this is just a test?"(Sophia)

"Thing like fair and unfairness doesn't exist in real battlefield."(Armen)

"Isn't this is just a test!!!"(Sophia)

I then got fed up with sensei's spell, I then run toward sensei's water barrier, when I just about to reach the barrier, I suddenly stopped.

I then face the water blast while pointing my wand toward it, I then used the spell that I had chanted for a while.

"Ice Magic:Freeze"(Sophia)

A magic circle appeared a few meter ahead of me, when the water blast passes through the circle, it instantly turned into a pillar of ice.

Even though so, the blast momentum doesn't stop there, the ice keep flying toward me, I then stepped away from that place, by the way, sensei's barrier is actually behind me.

The ice pillar without any owner then crashed toward sensei's barrier, the barrier then broke.

Using that chance, I then immediately ran toward sensei, when sensei appeared in my vision, I then casted the spell using the mana particle that is left behind by the ice pillar.

"Ice Pillar"(Sophia)

In an instant an ice pillar instantly manifested, the pillar then smashed sensei's body, I then said.

"Did I pass the test?"(Sophia)

"Don't let your guard down!"(Armen)

"Water Pillar"(Armen)

When I heard sensei's voice coming from behind me, I then instinctively jumped from the place that I was before.

A 5ft tall water pillar then manifested at the place where I was, If I stayed there, I might won't be able to move.

On the same time, I then noticed that sensei's smashed body were turning into water, when I look in front of me I can see the figure of sensei who is completely unscathed, sensei then said.

"Figure Copy, it is a spell that is commonly used to confuse or distract your opponent, you still have a lot of thing to learn, Sophia."(Armen)

I actually had learned about that spell a long time ago, it is an advanced grade spell, you could only use the spell with flexible type of attributes like water or earth.

What I didn't expect is that sensei is actually willing to use advanced grade magic on a 4 years old like me.

Our magic test then continues on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The current situation of the test is like this, sensei is on the offensive while I'm on the defensive.

Sensei is just standing on the same spot while casting multiple attack magic, he then used the wand to draw a big circle on the air, he then casted the spell.

"Hydro Missile X3"(Armen)

3 layer of magic circle then appeared at the place where sensei drew his circle earlier, a missile like shape then were shot from the magic circles, each of the layer disappeared for each shot.

When I saw the missile heading toward me, I then instantly run as fast as I could, while running I used a buff magic on myself.

"First Step: Aero Step"(Sophia)

After I casted the spell, my speed has increased and my step is much more lighter, even though so, I already knew that the missile is literally behind me.

It left me without no choice but to use this spell, last time I used the spell, I got muscle cramp for 3 days, I then used the spell.

"First Step: Flash Step"(Sophia)

My speed then increases drastically for just a moment, but a moment is all I need to escape from the missile.

With just a step, I then instantly reached a few metre ahead of my original spot, that spot then were hit by one of the missile.

"Kabooom!!"

That place then turned into a small crater, I now knows how much destructive that missile is, while I was looking at the crater, my instinct is literally screaming at me so that I back away.

After I backed away, the place that I was just before then also turned into crater, I then thought to myself.

"(Is sensei trying to kill me?, isn't this is just a normal test?)"(Sophia)

I then looked around searching for the last missile, but I can't find it, I then run toward sensei using my newly obtained speed.

When I arrived at sensei's spot, I then noticed that sensei is....smiling?

I then noticed the source of sensei's smile, I saw the last missile is actually waiting for me to come near sensei, when I arrived at sensei's spot, the missile then were launched.

"(It is actually a trap!!!)"(Sophia)

I then noticed the most important thing, sensei is actually not even there, he tricked me once again using his Figure Copy.

I then used my brain to the full output to find a way out of this situation, I then finally found a way, I then hold out my wand into the air, I then said.

"Fight fire with fire."(Sophia)

"In this case, fight missile with missile."(Sophia)

"Hydro Missile"(Sophia)

"Wind Magic: Aero Boost"(Sophia)

A blue magic circle appeared on top of my wand, a missile that is similar with sensei's missile then were shot out from the magic circle, the missile then reached the second magic circle.

When the water missile passed through the magic circle, the missile then accelerated, sensei's missile that is coming from the sky and my accelerated missile then clashed with each other.

"Kabooooom!!!!"

The effect when the missile clash with each other is a big explosion, while the explosion happened it also spread droplets of water everywhere, it looks like it is raining for just a moment.

I then returned to my original objectives, that is to hit sensei with my magic and end this weird magic test.

I then heightened all of my senses to search for Armen's whereabout, I then find him camouflaging using the wated reflection.

I then prepared my spell, I then erased my presence, I also raised the output of the lightning buff, I then rushed toward Armen while holding the wand on my right hand.

When I arrived at the spot where Armen is camouflaging, I then used my prepared spell.

"Ice Magic: Ice Arrow"(Sophia)

Multiple medium sized ice arrow then were shot from the magic circle that appeared on top of my wand, because I'm so confident that I passed this time, I then said proudly.

"With this, I has passed sensei's weird test."(Sophia)

While I was celebrating on my own I then heard a voice coming from behind me.

"How many times do I need to teach you this never let your guard down in the battlefield."(Armen)

Sensei is currently invisible for naked eyes, but I'm no longer the Sophia that I used to be, I then said.

"That also applies to you sensei!"(Sophia)

" Kick"

I then kicked something invisible on my right side, for people that only used their naked eyes, they might think I just kicked an empty place.

The thing....no, the person that I kicked is obviously is the not so invisible sensei, sensei then deactivated his invisibility, while crouching he then asked me.

"How can you see me?, I'm supposed to be invisible."(Armen)

"It is all thanks to you sensei, because of your annoying copies, I had to gain a countermeasures for that, it is the magic sense."(Sophia)

"You must be kidding, magic sense is a rare talent, there is no way you could just awaken it like that."(Armen)

"Even though so, I did gained the sense, my perspective of the world has changed, I could see the mana particle in the air, that is also the way that I found you sensei."(Sophia)

"The test is still isn't over yet, you only kicked me, you didn't use any type of magic."(Armen)

"Sensei, are you alright?"(Sophia)

"What are you talking about?"(Armen)

"There is no way a kick from a 4 years old girl could hurt you that much, I used a lightning buff magic to increase my leg strength, because of that, it count as using magic."(Sophia)

"....."(Armen)

"Sensei, are you really alright?, you would normally be calm and not be this excited."(Sophia)

Sensei is acting really weird, he is not like his usual calm and gentle sensei, this sensei is unusually overly excited, I then was suprised once again when sensei shouted this.

"SHUT UP!!!!!!"(Armen)

Sensei brownish hair then shined in bright colour while his lime eyes became much more brighter, he then said.

"This test isn't over yet, it's now time for the second round."(Armen)

Because of sensei's declaration, I then need to take on the super hardcore test once again.

End of chapter

26