. The Death God And Request
663 14 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What kind of a being a death god is to you?

If someone asked me that question, my answer will be: 'a death god is a being that control life and death'.

That's my answer and also the most average answer that a normal human being can think of. That very being is now standing in front of me, for some reason he gave me a familiar feel when I saw his face, he then said.

"Please have a seat."(Reath)

I then looked around the white room, my appearance currently is neither Kisaragi Touma nor Sophia Von Schnee, I'm just a white figure of a man, I then thought to myself.

"(There is not even a chair here, so where the heck should I sit)"(?????)

"Snap"

With a snap from his finger, 2 wooden chairs suddenly appeared out of nowhere, the chair sudden appearance reminded me of when I first came to this room, Reath then said.

"You're wrong there, this is not the same white room that you have been before, this is my own special dimension."(Death)

I flinched when I heard what Reath just said, I then thought to myself.

"(Did he just read my mind)"(?????)

"Of course I did, I'm a god after all."(Death)

After he said that, he then naturally sit on the chair, he then asked me to sit on the other chair, I then sit on the chair, I then thought to myself.

"(Why am I here again, am I dead?.)"(?????)

"You aren't dead yet, I just took the liberty to summon you here when you fainted at the tree."(Death)

"So I'm still alive.....wait, what do you mean by fainted?"(?????)

"You're quite rude for a Nameless Soul, well that's okay, it has been a long time since someone talked to me casually."(Reath)

"Please forgive my rudeness, The Great Death God."(Nameless) (In a sarcastic tone)

I said that without thinking as a joke, but I then remembered, the one that I'm talking now is an actual death god.

I thought that he would be mad and erase me from existence or something, but when I looked at his face, he then let out a laughter.

"Hahaha."(Death)

"Huh!?"(?????)

I let out a confused voice without realizing, when the death god suddenly started to laugh, I'm confused now.

The death god then stopped laughing, he then said to me.

"For your information, you're the first soul and the second mortal that have made me laugh like this."(Reath)

The death god's serious face earlier has now turned into a smiling face that is happy and full of laughter.

"Thanks, I guess?"(Nameless)

"Like I said earlier, I summoned your soul when you fainted after you got pierced by the Land Dragon's tail"(Reath)

"I didn't faint, I just rested for a while."(?????)

"You don't need to be embarrassed, by the way, your figure when you got smashed by tail is really epic, do you want to see it again."(Reath)

"Snap"

With a snap of his finger, a TV like interface then appeared in front of us, the interface then played back the moment when I got smashed by the tail in a 3rd person POV.

The video then reached where I was supposed to 'faint', the death god then said to me in a tone that is making me mad.

"Fufufu, do you see now, you undoubtedly fainted here, and this is the moment when I summoned your soul."(Reath)

"(Hmm?, that's weird, why can't he see him?)"(?????)

"Again!?, just what are you tal-thinking about?"(Reath)

He barely just managed to fix his sentence, I then answered his questions.

"My old self actually came to me, he then asked me to rest, he also said to leave everything to him, so I closed my eyes and then you suddenly summoned me here."(Nameless)

"You aren't kidding, right?"(Reath)

"Can't you just check it yourself, can't this thing play the live version of the world?"(?????)

After I said that, he then had an anxious looks on his face, he then snapped his finger once again, the interface then changed, the word LIVE is written on corner of it.

The interface shows me (Sophia) fighting with the zombie land dragon alongside the party of adventurer that I had saved earlier.

Their condition is now better, Touma really did take care of it, I'm relieved seeing that but the death god is anything but relieved, after composing himself, he then changed the topic with.

"You must be curious why I summoned you here, right?."(Reath)

"I'm much more curious about that fight though, Oh, I hit that lizard face with full force."(Nameless)

"LISTEN TO ME!!"(Reath)

Saying that, he then erased the interface, that interface is really useful, I should learn it from him later, he then saId,

"It took me years learning this spell from him (Shaft), you can just pretend that you're curious, I'm a death god you know, I could just erase your soul here and now."(Reath)

"Okay², I'm listening."(Nameless)

"Okay then, this will be an 'I answer your's and you answer mine's' type of conversation."(Reath)

"Can I go first?"(Nameless)

"I'm a god while you're just a nameless soul, so I will start asking first."(Reath)

"Hurry up, I want to return and have a bath."(Nameless)

"My first question is: do you know,,,no, do you remember why you're called as The One Without A Name?"(Reath)

"Nope, not a single idea, by the way, that name sounded really chuuni."(Nameless)

"So you don't remember, I see"(Reath)

"So what's the answer?"(Nameless)

"You are called as The One Without A Name because your soul has no name, in another word 'nameless'."(Death)

"What do you mean by name, if you're talking about my name, I actually have 2 of those."(Nameless)

"I'm not talking about that name, do you even remember how many times you has reincarnated?"(Death)

"This is actually your second question, anyway, 2 times, right?."(Nameless)

"You're wrong, you actually have been reincarnated so many times until your soul even forgot it's real name."(Death)

"Wait a second, you said that I has reincarnated multiple times, so why I can't even remember a bit about it?."(Nameless)

"The reason for that is because you always successfully reincarnate in the same world 'Earth', because of that world natural rules, even we gods can't interfere with it."(Reath)

"So what is the connection between Earth's special rules and the reason why I can't remember my past life."(Nameless)

"One of Earth special rules is that when any soul got reincarnated there, the soul will and always will lose all of their memories."(Death)

"Then why I can remember my past life this time?."(Nameless)

"This is your second question, the only exception for that rules is only when a soul reincarnate into another world, their memories will be left completely intact."(Death)

"But why I could only remember some of my memories from my last life?."(Nameless)

"Lot's of questions aren't we, your case is a bit peculiar when you reincarnated into Atelia, only half of your soul got reincarnated."(Death)

"And as you can see, the rest of your soul is fighting that dragon for your sake."(Reath)

"(Then why did only half of my soul got reincarnated there?)"(Nameless)

"That also count as a question you know, the reason for that is because your soul possess too much talent and soul energy."(Death)

"But I'm just a normal guy, I dont have any type talent like you just said."(Nameless)

"Even if you didn't have any talent, your past lives has, your last life which is you has culminated every talent that your past life have, don't you remember anything about it?, you must have one or two moment like that."(Death)

Now that he said it, I remembered that everytime I learned playing any type of instruments, I could play it perfectly after practicing for a bit, there is also that moment and also that week of the incident. (reference to prologue)

"(Heck, isn't my life is actually blessed with talent, so this is the thing that you could only realised when you're dead)"(Nameless)

"I've remembered, but what does my talents and soul energy thingie is related to all of this?"(Nameless)

"To put it simply, if we (the gods) reincarnate you inside that world as you are, it will disturb the balance between the world, that's why we only could reincarnate half of your soul."(Death)

"And that's why I could remember my some of my last life."(Nameless)

"You really have so many questions, are you finished yet?"(Death)

"This is my last question, what do you want from me?"(Nameless)

"So you've noticed it."(Death)

Earlier when he changed his expression from serious to casual, I immediately know that he is faking that smile and he also answered all of my questions without complaining.

There is someone great that I used to be friend with before I died, he used to say 'There is nothing such as free food exist in this world', he is now actually a professional chef.

"Well, I've one request for you, you can decide to take it or not after listening what I have to say"(Death)

"Tell me about it, I'm listening."(Nameless)

"In a near future, Atelia will be destroyed by the devils."(Death)

"What!?"(Nameless)

Out of suprise, I then stood up from my chair, the devil that the death god mentioned must be referring to the devil king and his army of devils.

"That's right, the devil that I'm talking about is the same as the devil that you've thinking."(Death)

"So what is your request, please don't say that you want me to be a hero and slay the devil king right, I'm just a normal people living in that world......or am I?"(Nameless)

A reincarnator + a great kingdom's princess + Prodigy = I'm not really as normal as I said, aren't I.

"Even her (Eve) wouldn't asked you to do that, by the way, the hero for this generation has been chosen."(Reath)

"The thing that I'm requesting for you to do is for you to accompany the hero, to put it simply, join the hero party and guide him."(Reath)

"Huh!?, why should I join the troublesome hero party, won't they usually be like 'there is a someone that need help there, we must help them', that's too troublesome for me."(Nameless)

"Even if I join the hero party, I need to travel throughout the whole world to slay devil right, why should I do that?, I would rather be around with my family."(Nameless)

"What if I say that, if you don't join the hero party your citizen, kingdom and family will all dies on the hand of the devil."(Reath)

"Tch......."(Nameless)

"I don't have any choice but to accept your request, right?."(Nameless)

The death god tone then immediately changed after he heard me said that, He then said.

"Hooray, I'm happy that you accepted the request and for your reward, I will gradually give you all of your talent and memories from your past lives. Ah, it's looks like time is up, goodbye."(Reath)

"Wait a minute, what"(Nameless)

My body theb started to disappear, it started from my lower body to my upper body.

"Don't worry, when you wake up, the 'zombie dragon' will already be defeated by your past self, for your information, you've already met the hero and his party, you even saved them once."(Death)

"Are you kidding with me?"(Nameless)

When I was about to dissapear the death god then said something that I couldn't hear completely.

"Dragon.......Devil........Letter......Immortality"(Death)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I opened my eyes, it is already nightime, in front of me there is a Humungousour looking creature being encased in ice.

Spoiler

(Humungousour: an alien that appeared in Ben 10)

[collapse]

I then saw  blackish looking thing coming out from the dragon's body, when the black thing came out, it then turned into dust and dissapeared without any trace.

I'm feeling kind of tired, my vision is blurring and I'm also lightly injured all over my body, so I leaned my body to a tree, suddenly a magic circle manifested near me.

A familiar male figure appeared from the magic circle, he then start looking for something, he was suprised by the land dragon being inside the ice, it might even caused him a trauma.

He then noticed me who was sitting on the ground beside a tree, he then immediately dashed toward me,

"There you are."(Male)

He then arrived at the tree that I'm at, he then put his arm under my legs and the other supporting my back, it is the so called 'Princess Carry', the figure then said to me in a soft but gentle voice.

"It's alright now, all you need to do is just rest, my disciple."(Armen)

I then fainted.

End of chapter

If you guys spot any misspelling or mistake please comment below.

Please give me your honest thought about this chapter.

13