8. The Dull Summer And The Duke
296 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 0986

It has been 2 years since I passed the Artana Magic Test, after passing it, sensei then told me the real purpose of that test. passing the test allows me to reach the much more greater heights of magic.

After I received my result from sensei, an interface appeared in front of me, it said that I have acquired the Intermediate Grade Magician title.

But I didn't notice about it, when I was inside the medical room alongside father and sensei, it must be because I was too confused with the thing that's happening inside.

After a months of lesson and magic training, I finally reached the Intermediate Grade for all of my attributes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is Sunday, the sky is sunny and clear, it really has that Summer-like feeling, because the Kingdom Of Reinhardt is located at the northern part of the Eurelian Continent, the royal capital, Sibelius still retains it's normal temperature, this is one of the perks of living in the northern part of the continent.

I'm currently inside my room, sitting on the chair while gazing at the capital, a gentle breeze will occasionally hit my face, when it does it felt really refreshing, while sighing I then said.

"Hahhh, I'm so bored."(Sophia)

It has been 3 days since my lesson with sensei were cancelled, sensei returned to his home to get much more teaching material, I will not have any lesson for a whole week or maybe even longer.

The main reason for sensei's return is that he returned because he didn't expect me to reach intermediate level this soon.

Needless to say, before he left the castle, sensei has already left me with 2 weeks worth of homework to do, but I already completed it on the same day sensei left for his home.

Whenever I have a lot of work, I prefer to finish it in a single day, I'm always like this since I was little.

While looking outside, I then noticed a maid doing the laundry, I felt envious at them, when the maid noticed my gaze, she then waved his hand toward me, I also did the same thing.

For the past few days, I have done everything that I could think off, playing around the castle's garden, having picnic with my parent at the Hill Of Hillary, gazing the starry sky on nightime and etc, by the way, my parent is also the same, my mother has already finished all of the book inside the castle library while my father is doing almost nothing, his advisor, Frieden doesn't even give father's some work to do, he's just sitting on his chair the whole day.

Spoiler

Frieden is a fox beastmen, he have reddish-orange coloured fur, his full name is Frieden Schlau Zorro, which translate into Peace Sly Fox

[collapse]

After I spent the whole day watching a block of ice melt, I then noticed that it is already dinner time. After we finished our dinner, I then said to my parent.

"Mommy, Daddy, I'm bored and I have nothing else to do this summer"(Sophia)

"Mommy feel the same thing."(Emilia)

"I regretted doing that mountains of work on the first day of summer, hah, I really regret it."(Neil)

It looks like my parent have their own shares of trouble, they then told their story to me.

Mother felt bored because after she had read the whole library, she then tried painting, after she mastered it she then moved to the next thing, and the same thing repeats, because of that, she has ran out of thing to learn and to do inside the castle.

On the other hand, my father actually had a mountains of paperwork that he actually need the whole summer to complete, but because of father's habit, he ended up completing it in 48 hour of straight work, father doesn't have any kind of side effect but the one that is suffering is his subordinates, for the rest of summer Mister Frieden only asked him to do simple job like putting his seal on some paperwork, he is really irritated when he gave the job to father.

After hearing my parents story, I finally knows why I have that kind of habit, while all of us is pondering about what to do this summer, father then suddenly got an idea, father then said.

"Sophia, do you want to meet your cousins?"(Neil)

"Cousin?, sure, I would love to meet him or her."(Sophia)

My mother then said in a nostalgic tone.

"It has been such a long time since we visited them, it is also a good idea for Sophia to know our family better."(Emilia)

Hearing mother's word, father then did a fist pump, he then said with an energetic tone.

"It's decided then, tomorrow, we're going for a trip to The Duchy Of Ergraut."(Neil)

"Let's go!!!!"(Emilia and Sophia)

After that, father then sended a thought transmission to the Duke Ergraut.

"(Remus, my family and I will visit your territory tomorrow, prepare the usual place.)"(Neil)

"(I understand, my daughter is actually eager to meet Sophia, thank you for giving us the chance to meet her.)"(Remus)

"(It's not a big deal, aren't we're family and my daughter is also excited to meet Elaine.)"(Neil)

"(That's good to hear, okay then, I need to prepare that place now, so good night.)"(Remus)

With that the Duke then ended the transmission, my mother and I could hear the conversation between father and the duke because father let us hear it too.

I then returned to my room, I then packed my clothes and some stuff, after that, I changed into my sleepwear, I then went to bed, I'm really excited for tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside The Duke's mansion

Inside his office, A grey haired young man is having a conversation via thought transmission with the King.

The man is the Duke Ergraut, he looks around the same age as Neil, after he ended the transmission, he then summoned all of his worker to the hall, he then announced to all of his mansion's worker.

"Attention!!!"(Remus)

The maids and other workers that's just chit-chating with each other then stopped talking when they heard their master's voice, after confirming that he have everyone's attention the duke then said

"I've just been informed by his majesty, he and his family will come and visit our land tomorrow."(Remus)

When the duke announced that, there is many complaints coming from the senior maids such as 'his majesty did it again' and 'We won't sleep tonight, aren't we?'. The duke then began to speak again.

"I know, you guys must have a lot of complaints about his majesty visit, but isn't this is a perfect chance."(Remus)

When the duke said that, multiple voices coming from the workers is saying things like 'Chance?, what chance?', the duke then said

"We have the greatest chance to show his majesty, what we can do in a short period."(Remus)

"Let us show his majesty, our greatest pride! and our abilities!."(Remus)

After they heard the duke's speech, multiple voices then were supporting the duke speech, satisfied with his worker's morale, the duke then ordered everyone there.

"Maid Team, you guys have 13 hours to prepare the mansion, we still need some maid tomorrow, because of that make sure to spare some reserve."(Remus)

The duke's mansion head maid, Fillia who is standing in front of the maids then replied with.

"We understand my lord, 13 hours is plenty of time for us."(Fillia)

"My lord, may I have your permission to use the 'potion'."(Head Maid)

"Umu, Permission granted, make sure that mansion is sparkling clean."(Remus)

Fillia then faced the maids, she then said to them.

"You guys heard the Duke, make sure that mansion sparkle and rejoice everyone, we can use the special potion."(Head Maid)

With that the maids then immediately exited the hall to start their work, the duke then ordered the cook next.

"Cooks, I want you guys to use all of your abilities to create the greatest feast and make sure to use our specialty to the maximum output."(Remus)

"Her majesty The Queen is an incredible cook, she could instantly spot any mistakes just by tasting your food, so.... Do your best."(Remus)

The head chef, Souma then said to the duke.

"My lord, please make sure to tell her majesty, to look forward to our cooking."(Souma)

Souma then said to his subordinates.

"Everyone, we're now going to cook for the royal family, you guys, show them the ability of the Ergraut's cook."(Head Chef)

"YEAHHH!!!"(Cooks)

They then immediately make their way to the kitchen to prepare for food that take a lot of time to make, the duke then ordered the butler next.

"Butler, you guys have an important role, you guys need to support the chef and maid team while preparing this mansion, I have complete faith in you guys."(Remus)

"My lord, your wish is our command, we will not shame the name of the Duke Ergraut."(Head Butler)

The butler team then scattered all over the place preparing and helping other worker, after the duke finished ordering everyone, he then went to his family who is standing beside him, he then said to his son and daughter.

"Both of you, your cousin is staying here in our territory for a while, make sure to be friend with her, okay?."(Remus)

The younger sister then replied with.

"I want to be friend with Sophia-neesama."(Elaina)

"Marvelous."(Remus)

Even though the younger sister replied with a nice tone, the older brother who is the same age as Sophia then said.

"Humph, I won't become friend with someone that is weaker than me."(Ashen)

Ashen then walked away from there, Elaina then said to her father.

"Father, why is older brother is such an edgelord?"(Elaina)

"That is just one of his phases in life."(Remus)

After Elaina went to her mother, the duke who is now alone at the hall, then said to himself.

"So this is your way of getting revenge, huh?"(Remus)

"Sadly for you Neil, I'm always prepared for everything."(Remus)

"Hahahaha."(Remus)

With that evil laughter, the long night of preparation then started at the Duchy Of Ergraut.

End Of Chapter








5