Siblings
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nathaniel swirled the small glass in his hand. The amber-colored liquid like a lake full of fanciful sprites danced around the ice cube as if it were performing a ritualistic dance, circling the ice cube like a large cubed monolith. Nathaniel put his palm to his chin and turned his attention to the sky above. Blue, vast, and free as the eye could see. 

"Takes me back," He said softly, bringing the glass to his lips and taking a swig. He was reminded of ages long since past and destiny long since adverted. "Oh, what a rush it was" a small pleasant smile grew on his face. He rolled down the window and let the air tousle his hair. Lifting his glass to his lips again, he muttered something while having his nose buried in his drink rather quietly about a dragon king. He tapped his chin. Reaching into the front of the large vehicle, he tapped the driver's shoulder. 

"Say how long do you suspect this traffic to last?" Nathaniel asked with his all too familiar gentleman's tone. The driver shrugged and gave a puzzled look. 

"Could be hours, sir." 

"Well, that's rather unfortunate; I don't wanna transform here." 

"Sir, please have some patience." 

"Aye, I should show some decorum, especially with our precious cargo" Nathaniel flicked the brim of his hat and turned his gaze to the sleeping Bianca next to him. 

"I doubt you'd want the Baltic Coition finding you," The driver said, looking into the rearview mirror, his gaze locking with Nathaniel's own.

"That is also true; unfortunately, You are a smart man Obi, I should take your advice more often" Nathaniel sat and looked deep into the glass of liquor he poured himself. He sighed, staring off into the vast skyline, a feint scaling appearing on his neck. an annoyance grew more and more in his mind as he continued to hear honk after honk from much too impatient drivers. "I've had enough!" he said, muffling his voice with his hand as he began to crack his glass with the pressure from his hand. Large plate-like scales covered half of his neck like armor. Large fangs started to protrude from his mouth. Pearly white and pointed, sharper than a sword. Nathaniel's eyes became more reptilian and predatorial. 

"Please, sir, have some patience; we're almost off the highway!" Obi said with a concerned panic in his voice. Nathaniel took a deep breath and a deeper swig of his booze. He sighed, and the scales on his neck seemed to vanish without a trace. His eyes became regular, and his fangs retracted. Nathaniel shook his head in disbelief. 

"Look at how far I've fallen, losing my temper like a common peon. I'm a disgrace" Nathaniel covered his mouth as an embarrassed blush painted his cheeks pink. "Foolish Foolish Foolish! Nathaniel," He muttered to himself incoherently. He continued to gaze out the window as the world began to move again. The limo started back on its course as if nothing had ever happened. 

"Finally," Nathaniel said with a sigh. He was still clutching his glass tight. A wave of anger leaving him. "I don't think I'll ever get used to modern inventions," Nathaniel said as the wind rushed into the car as he continued to daydream. "Carriages that don't require horses, buildings taller than any pagoda, it's all quite the sight." His eyes perked up with child-like wonder. "Wouldn't you agree, Obi?" Nathaniel leaned back, taking in all the luxurious sights. "Never seen a city quite like this one, eh save for Tokyo," Nathaniel added. "Oh, remember that shrine we found in Kyoto, man, what a weird place?" Nathaniel sighed, folding his legs and leaning forward. "Obi, what we're doing is changing the world. We're going to change this world for Tsuki the way he wanted" 
"For your brother!" 

"For our Brother!" Nathaniel corrected. "Our brother in arms" Nathaniel grabbed his hat, removing it from his head and placing it on his heart. His gaze softened, his mouth opened like he was going to say something before quickly closing. He stuttered with his breath as he questioned what to say. He sat in silence as the sounds of the world, passing by, surrounded the car. Nathaniel placed his hat back on his head and returned to looking out the window. 

"It's a shame, isn't it?" 

"come again, Dear Obi?" Nathaniel asked without moving his gaze from the window. 

"It's a shame Tsuki only met two." 

"oh boy, how are we to break this to Haj," Nathaniel admitted with a reverb of defeat in his voice. 

Nathaniel smiled and turned his gaze to the sleeping Bianca. 

Before long, the Limo pulled into the driveway of a marvelously pristine, ebony, gold, and ruby mansion that towered five stories into the air. Nathaniel placed a hand on Bianca's shoulder. 

"My dear, I hate to wake you, but we have arrived," Nathaniel softly shook her shoulder. Bianca's eyes softly opened as she looked around groggily. "Welcome, my dear, to your new life" He assisted Bianca out of the limo. Bianca marveled at the sight before her. 

"T-This is where Dad lived?"

"Well, in your realm, at least!" Nathaniel said, abruptly walking ahead. "C'mon, your siblings are waiting," he called already at the front door. Bianca followed after him, an uneasiness in her steps. "Come, my dear, it'll be alright," Nathaniel spoke as a large club slammed in front of Bianca. 

"Who the hell are you!" a gruff man's voice sounded far away; Bianca lifted her gaze and found the man staring down at her from the second story. He was standing on a balcony with a scowl. Nathaniel was remiss and quite frankly pissed, 

"Hajrudin, you scoundrel, this is your sister. You show some respect!" he pointed and demanded. 

"I liked it better when it was just Dad and me" He ducked back inside without a second word. 

"Sorry about ol Hajrudin. He's a bit of a sour puss; He'll warm up to you, though." 
"Nah, it's cool. I've dealt with people like him all my life" She pointed at the sizeable spiked club that fell before her. It was massive, easily more extensive than a full-grown man. "how the hell does he carry that thing?" 

"magic!" 

"Magic? sure, and I guess the tooth fairy is real." 

"Honey, you are the daughter of a god."

"Yeah, I know, but this is all so new to me." 
"it's gonna feel that way for a while," Nathaniel gestured with his head. "Come" He took Bianca's hand and lead her inside. Pushing open the large door, he gestured to a lavish living room—Tiger skin rugs, resplendent leather couches that seated four other people. A large flat screen hung on the wall. In the middle of the room was a massive spiraling staircase. The other people turned their gaze to Bianca. 

"Welcome Home!' they cheered with delighted smiles. Nathaniel tapped Bianca's back softly. 

"Go take a seat, dear," he said with a smile, Bianca looked around the room, her heartbeat quickened, and she visibly fought the urge to dance. She quickly sat down next to a tan man. 

"Alright, my dears, let's do some introductions." 

Hajrudin stepped forward from the back of the room; from his presence alone, the air felt hotter, like the inside of the sauna every breath burned, and the air felt suffocating. Hajrudin stood in front of his new family and pointed to himself with his thumb and a righteous sense of self-entitlement. From the look of him, he was undoubtedly an odd man. He had long purple hair tied back into a ponytail. Red eyes that could pierce into a man's soul. A black band tee and stained ripped and holed jeans completed the look. 
"Look, you son's of bitches I'm the eldest, and you will respect me," He demanded, pumping his fist against his chest. The air once again felt constricting and hot. "Name's Hajrudin Sholtov, I come from Norway, and I'm Tsukiyomi's favorite child" Hajrudin ended on that stuck up line before walking back to whatever godforsaken corner of the house he lived. The tan man next to Bianca stirred and sat up. He muttered something in Brazilian before pulling himself off the couch. The tan man had a much more human appearance compared to Hajrudin. Short white hair, brown eyes. Black t-shirt, jean jacket combo complemented with a pair of black leather pants. He nervously spoke. A sudden chill ran through the room as if the freezer had been left open, and the cold infiltrated the entire house. 

"I'm Santiago. I hail from Brazil. I never knew my dad until now" He chuckled nervously, his eyes darting all around the room. "I..uh...don't know what else to say" He looked to Nathaniel, who nodded; Santiago took his seat back on the couch. He sighed, turning to Bianca. "I wish I could be like Hajrudin; He's always so confident" he sunk into the sofa throwing his arms into the air in defeat. He gave up trying to be confident as he thought about his lack of luster introduction. Like Santiago, Bianca stood up and had trouble getting out of the leather of the high-end couch. Finally, after much struggle, she freed herself and brought herself to the front of the room. 

"I-I'm Bianca Mouen, I'm from New York City, and I've met dad!" she sputtered out with no real direction or buildup, but the revelation left the room speechless. Hajrudin grumbled; a jet of steam shot from his mouth as he exhaled. 
"lemme guess a real Daddy's little girl moment, huh?" Hajrudin shook his head; no, that can't be it; what the hell makes you so damned unique" Hajrudin muttered to himself softly as he went back to where he was. 

Nathaniel scratched his chin as he counted. 

"1, 2. 3, 4, 5...." He tilted his head and continued to recount over and over. "how are we missing ten children?" 
Hajrudin breathed a second jet of steam that covered the entire room with a plume of white smoke. 
"Coalition goons got to em" Hajrudin spoke gruffly as if this was common knowledge, and he had to waste his time explain such trivial pursuits. Nathaniel removed his hat and placed it on his heart yet again. 

"My, that's quite unfortunate. May they rest in peace" Nathaniel's gaze darted to the floor as again for the third time Hajrudin made his way to the front room. This time he was mad. He had a bone to pick and pick it; he shall. 

"No, No, No you don't just get to say may they rest in peace, you have no idea how much danger us being born puts us in" 

"oh no, I do, and that's why I want to protect and train you all." 
"My ass old man, we all know Or-" 

"You finish that sentence, and I will erase your existence" Nathaniel shot a vicious glare in Hajrudin's direction. Immediately, he backed down, ducking into the next room. Nathaniel clasped his hands together, a bright smile beaming on his face. 
"Well, my dears, shall I show you to your quarters?" everyone looked around pale as sheets after what had just transpired. One question rang in the minds of the children. 

Who the hell is Mr. Rico?! 

To Be Continued.....

0