Grand Lady of Resplendence
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A grand hall decorated in opulent reds and yellows stretched for miles ahead. On either side, pillars with an almost comically wide radius stood proudly decorated with gold leaves and vines with a pristine marbled look that would leave even the most arrogant visitor feeling impressed. Along either side of the opulent corridor were several french stained glass pieces depicting a most beautiful maiden conquering the darkness of night. A man no older than twenty strode down the hall with a most knightly air about him. Blonde hair left aloft and down, Chest puffed out and proud, a smug smarmy and foolish smirk painted on his face. He pounded on his chest, announcing his presence. 

"Dearest Mother of all Glory I, Your favorite son hath returned," The man announced with a thundering tone bellowing so loud he seemed to shake the room itself. Quickly he took a knee lowering his eyesight to the ground. A flash of light beautifully filled the vicinity before, in a matter of seconds, fast fading away. A woman was glowing with a beautiful glory and radiance unknown to man-kind in its absence. A kind, motherly smile was painted on her porcelain face. Long black hair tied into two plump buns stuck out from the back of her head, and a large black and ornate red kimono with a red sun sewn into it made her appearance godly. 

She smiled, staring down at the man, her lips plump, alluring, red, and lustrous pulled back, showing her teeth. Smiling, several laugh lines grew on her face showing an advanced state of age to the woman. 

"My dearest son, thou hast indeed returned, and how did your journey go?" She asked as her pleasant soft voice filled the room with a gentle sound. 

"Splendid mother splendid, I vanquished many a child of the moon."

"Good, my son, my dearest son," She stated before a sigh befell the room, bringing a moody overcast with it. "You love your mother, don't you, Gawayin?" 

"why, of course, I do, Mother; why would I ever turn my back against you?" Gawayin asked, keeping his gaze fixed solely on the ground. The motherly figure wrapped her hands around the man's neck gently, her long nails dancing a sultry waltz on his nape. 

"Then do Mother a simple favor" She brought her face close to his ear and whispered. "I want Yamato-No-Orochi executed, you understand, don't you?"  She whispered with a soft, light, and breathy. She brought her lips together briefly before placing a gentle kiss on Gawaiyn's ear. 
"If you do this successfully, I will let you have your late brother Thor's power." 
"Of course, Mother It shall be accomplished," Gawaiyn pledged slowly, bringing his hand to his heart. He suddenly drew an anxious breath and thought for a moment. "Mother, do we have any idea where Orochi is?" 

"Our Onmyoji pins his last known location in New York; I trust you will get this task done swiftly," Mother recoiled, pulling away from Gawaiyn. 

"At once, Mother, I shall level that heretic town if It means slaying that damned Serpent." 

"Good, Good, then I shall make your task a little easier" Mother lifted one of her beautiful fingers and tapped Gawaiyn's sword. "My dearest son, I shall bestow upon you, Excalibur Galatine, The Sun Cutting Blade," Mother exclaimed, floating benevolently in the front of the hall. Her arms held wide, a smile on her face. 

"My dear son, you are ready for your quest, venture forth, but most importantly make Mother Proud; you are dismissed" Mother's form quickly disappeared into a flash of light. Gawaiyn got to his feet, nodding before taking a bow. He left without a second word. 

"Prince Gawaiyn, you have returned from Akatsuki. How was your conversation with your mother?" A butler dressed wholly in white asked with a regal smile holding the door open for Gawaiyn. The butler wore a monocle over his left eye. He had a bushy grey mustache that looked like a caterpillar had mistakenly laid on his lip. Regal grey hair swept back and shined with several simple curls at the ends of his hair. 

"Simply wonderful, now If you excuse me, I have important business in a land known as New York." 

"Shall I transport you on my Ferry?" 

"Now, Charon, that hardly seems necessary!" 

"Are you sure? Don't you want to finish this quest as soon as possible?" 

"Fine, Charon, if you insist." 
"Oh, jo,y lend me a moment. I must grab my coat" Charon walked off, and within a split second, he returned, coat in hand. "Alright, Dear Prince, shall we be off?" Gawaiyn recoiled, jumping out of his skin. 

"How in the holy name of mother did you do that so fast?" 

"Comes with being the ferryman; now, dear boy, shall we be off?" 

"Y-Yes," Gawaiyn watched as Charon smiled, snapping his fingers. A sizeable wooden ferry appeared. Charon took a step and took hold of a massive oar at the Ferry's end. Gawaiyn took a step and then a seat after entering the Ferry. With a swish of the Oar, the Ferry took flight, lifting off into the air and soaring over yonder. The clouds seemed to race by. The wind howled around the zooming Ferry. Charon bent down to Gawaiyn's ear, raising his voice even to shouting even to be heard over the sonorous wind. 

"We shall arrive in New York in an hour; I'm sorry for the long journey." 

"No need for apologies, Charon. With your help, this shall be a short quest." 

"Oh, you flatter me, Dear Prince, but it isn't much my Underworld Magic can do compared to your Sun magic," Charon chuckled, swatting the air jokingly. The Ferry flew faster and faster, blowing through the clouds at supersonic speeds. Charon pointed to the skyline; massive swathes of sky-piercing buildings cropped out of the shadows. 

"This, my Dear Prince, is New York!" Charon said with an ecstatic laugh. 

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

0