Chapter 9 – Invisible murderer?!! Nightmares
1.6k 5 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2:38 at night at the small drug warehouse.

After hearing gunshots at the warehouse, nearby civilians reported the incident to the police, and 10 minutes later, the police came. A few officers entered the place wearily but found only dead bodies. They quickly decided that it was out of their control so they called an investigation squad to the crime scene.

2 and a half hours later, the local police deputy chief arrived at the scene and asked to get briefed on what they found, but got the shock of his life!

"So you are telling me, somebody entered through the open window to the staff room, then killed 4 guys almost simultaneously with a slash to the neck, almost half decapitating them, then went to the warehouse section and killed 2 more guys with a slash to the neck and a stab to the temple. After that, he went upstairs, killed 1 guy with a slash to the throat and a 3 months pregnant woman with a stab to the forehead, and another 2 sleeping guys in their sleep. Finally, he waltzed outside, as if nothing happened, and emptied a whole 15 bullet magazine on the two guys in the front, then walked away? And nobody was even aware of all this? Are you fucking joking? Is the guy even a human?!" The deputy chief roared.

The investigator sighed and said, "That's not all sir, but we couldn't find any fingerprints, hair, dead skin, or blood of the murderer anywhere. Even the shoe prints disappeared in that direction after 500m. The gun, for example, was tested. We found some fingerprints, but they belonged to one of the victims. What's more, we looked at their bodies and found tattoos signifying that they belong to the MS-13. On further inspection, we found cocaine hidden at some points in the warehouse. A whole 320KG of it. Our guys are also now checking some hidden cameras on the security terminal. They should be finishing about now."

Just at that moment, a guy ran from inside the building, holding a tablet, "Sir! Sir! You gotta watch this! This is crazy! Bunkers! Absolutely fucking FUBAR!!!"

The deputy and the investigator looked at each other and looked at the tablet. The guy who ran to them opened a video. It was showed the entrance to the staff room. The door opened and closed, and red footprints began showing on the floor step by step. Another scene showed, inside the warehouse. 1 of the guys there suddenly sprayed blood, and then the second one turned around, only to suddenly freeze and then collapse on the floor, blood and brain matter dripping from his temple. The last scene was outside the warehouse. No voice was heard, but there was a flash of light and the guards collapsed, then got shot 5 more times, before a gun suddenly dropped out of thin air to the ground. After that, water began pouring to the ground, removing blood with it, before stopping.

The deputy and investigator looked at each other in horror, both saying at the same time, "fubar...".

The deputy said with fear, "Investigator Nick, do you think we are facing the predator from that movie series?"

"I'll be as honest as I can be sir, I am not sure. If I did not see the bodies with my own eyes, I would think this is a photoshopped video. But now... What do you think we should tell the media, sir?"

"What else can we do, we don't have any leads, no clues, no nothing. We only know that some invisible person went on a killing spree here! We cant even quarantine or search the Bronx since we don't know how the killer looks like or where he is exactly located. We can only say that a gang war took place here and that 12 gang members died in the fight to avoid mass panic. However, we will need to inform the higher-ups! We need to also monitor any news regarding this guy. If we can't find any leads to him, then at least we need to know what is his goal!"

 

Meanwhile, back at Eli's home...

Eli was now sweating, turning in his sleep and panting. He suddenly opened his eyes, bloodshot. He got up, went to the fridge in the kitchen, and got himself some water to drink. Finished drinking, he went to the bathroom to wash his face.

After he washed his face, he saw it in the mirror. The coinciding figure of the woman he killed a few hours ago, and someone he killed 5 years ago when he was a rookie. He could still remember it vividly.

It was on a mission in Arab Saudia, they needed to assassinate a remnant Isis leader there. It should have gone without a hitch, except he screwed up. The wife of the guy was pregnant you see... When she took a weapon up, he hesitated a bit to shoot. What happened next? The woman got a lucky shot to the head of one of his friends, who died immediately. Naturally, he killed her after that, but it did not change the fact that he screwed up, and the death of his friend was on his hands.

His captain at the time did not blame him but told him the following, "Whether it be human or animal, good or evil, Strong or weak, we all possess survival instincts. Whatever you do, don't take pity, Don't hesitate to pull the trigger when you have to!" Eli repeated out loud, coinciding with the captain's words. After this, he felt slightly better and went back to bed.

Hi guys, short chapter this time, and a bit of character development. Turns out that Eli isn't fully psychotic.

81