chapter 10 – What a wonderful morning
1.7k 6 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

7 in the morning in some 2 stories middle-class private house in the Bronx.

A tattooed 45-50-year-old Hispanic man with short black hair, a beer belly, muscular arms, and a mustache woke up in his bed next to his wife. Ramón was a happily married man with 2 children of his own. His son Abel already left the house and now only his young daughter Vivian was left at home.

His wife, Rosa, spoke with a lazy smile, "Good morning honey..." Rosa looked like a mature version of Vivian, a Latino beauty. Even at 45 years old she still retained her good looks.

Ramón replied lovingly, "Good morning dear, did you sleep well?"

"Fufufu, you were really good last night, I got so worn out that I slept like a log!" She rubbed Ramón's chest lovingly.

Ramón sighed and said, "Honestly, I was just taking my frustrations on your body last night in a half-drunken state. I wonder if that kid is ok..."

"Don't worry honey, I'm sure he will be ok."

Ramón kissed his wife and got a quick shower, washed his teeth, shaved and trimmed his mustache, got dressed, and went to get some breakfast.

Cooking sounds were heard from the kitchen. His daughter Vivian was cooking breakfast as always. Probably trying to get a reduction on her detention... Effectively... "Damn my soft heart..." Ramón thought to himself.

Vivian who was wearing an apron seemed to notice her Papa coming and greeted, "Good morning Papa! Breakfast will be ready in 5 minutes! Today I'm making Huevos Rancheros Tortizza!" Vivian was working extra hard to reduce her detention.

Ramón nodded hungrily, willingly falling to the obvious trap. It was his favorite breakfast after all!

Ramón sat at the table and opened the morning news on the 20-inch kitchen tv. He switched to the News12 channel. As an American citizen, he could speak English fluently.

"... And that concludes the fire at apartment x. In other news, a gang war happened last night in a small sugar warehouse at Y street, resulting in 12 gang members dead including a 3 months pregnant woman. On the scene, they found 320kg of pure cocaine..."

When Ramón heard this, his mind went blank for a second, and immediately went to make a phone call!

 

Going back in time a bit to 7 in the morning at a high-end apartment...

A tattooed 45-50-year-old Hispanic man, who was clean-shaven and slightly muscled, woke up next to his sleeping wife. Seeing his sleeping wife, the man smiled and kissed her forehead before taking care of his hygiene. He then went to the kitchen to get breakfast. He heard cooking noises in there and smiled to himself. His daughter must be cooking breakfast to ask for allowance later.

Going into the kitchen, he saw his beautiful 18-year-old daughter cooking breakfast in an apron. Ever since his son left the house and married his now pregnant daughter in law, Only he, his wife, and daughter stayed at the house.

His daughter said with a smile, "Good morning Papa! I'm making you your favorite today! Chilaquiles!"

The man smiled warmly, "Thanks sweetie, don't worry I will give you extra allowance today."

His daughter smiled cheerfully hearing that "Love you, Papa!" And continued happily cooking.

The man drank his coffee as he opened the morning news as he usually does on the News12 channel, "... And that concludes the fire at apartment x. In other news, a gang war happened last night in a small sugar warehouse at Y street, resulting in 12 gang members dead including a 3 months pregnant woman. On the scene, they found 320kg of pure cocaine..."

The man who was calmly drinking his coffee started shaking when he heard that. That warehouse was where his son had gone last night for an inspection with his daughter in law. 2 Days ago, they got a new shipment of cocaine and he needed his son to monitor it, so he sent him there. His daughter in law was only 3 months pregnant so she tagged along. Who knew...

The man shakily placed down the cup of coffee and the table. His daughter came and placed his breakfast on his table. She then saw her father shaking, tears dripping down his face. "Papa? Are you ok?" She asked, concerned.

The man suddenly hugged his daughter tight and cried. How long has it been since he cried like that? His father's funeral was not as sad as this!

His daughter now knew something very wrong happened, and she also heard the news. While she did not know that her brother went to the warehouse, she was smart enough to connect the dots. Tears welled up in her eyes as father and daughter cried in silence.

The wife of the man entered the kitchen and saw her crying husband and daughter. A bad premonition welled up in her heart, as she shakily asked, "Dearest... What happened..."

The man answered, midst crying, "Forgive me, my love... Our son and daughter in law... Are dead..."

The wife felt faint and leaned on the wall, pale. Before long the three of them were crying and mourning...

 

Back in time at 7 in the morning, Eli's apartment.

Eli woke up, groggy. He looked to his right... Only to see an empty pillow, and sighed. How he missed waking up with a girl on the same bed. He thought to himself, "Perhaps I should think about getting a girlfriend soon..." And perhaps it would help with the nightmares...

Eli got up from his bed, went to take a morning shower, brush his teeth and shave, and went to cook breakfast for himself.

A few minutes later, while he started drinking his coffee, he got a phone call from Ramón.

When he answered it, Ramón said on the other side of the line, "You crazy daredevil! You actually did it! I don't know how you did it, and I don't care to ask the details. As promised, come meet me at the workshop in 3 hours and I will give you the intel!" And the line closed.

Chain Quest: Cleaning up the Bronx: Prove it! (Complete)

Rewards distributed.

Eli immediately checked his menu and saw that the original 62 points rose to 72.

"Not bad." He thought to himself and continued eating his breakfast.

 

Ending the phone call, Ramón closed his phone, and just then, his daughter brought him his breakfast. He smiled brightly and said, "Hah... What a wonderful morning... Vivian, I decided to shorten your punishment until tomorrow." He said happily.

Vivian who heard it immediately cheered and kissed Ramón's cheek, "Thanks, Papa! I love you!"

Ramón's wife just entered the room and saw her husband and daughter chatting happily, and smiled. What a wonderful morning.

And there you have it. Did you enjoy it?

Just know, that gangsters and mobsters, as horrible as they are, are just as human as the rest of us at home.

Did you like this chap?
  • Yes, very Votes: 29 82.9%
  • Meh not so much Votes: 6 17.1%
  • nah, didn't enjoy it at all Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 35 · This poll was closed on Jan 4, 2021 08:02 PM.
73