Chapter 11 – man to man talk
1.6k 4 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After eating breakfast and some exercise, Eli watched some news and then took a bus to the purple skull gang base/workshop he visited yesterday. He arrived near the workshop at around 9;45. He then walked to the entrance. At the entrance, unlike yesterday, stood different guards. Naturally, they did not recognize him immediately and asked him to identify. After identifying himself, they naturally became friendly and lead the way to the office again.

Inside the office, Ramón was sorting some paperwork when he heard knocking from outside, "Come in!" And Eli entered the office.

Ramón looked at Eli and smiled, "Eli! You crazy bastard, you actually did it! Come, sit, sit, Do tell me all about it!" Ramón truly believed El this time. As an old gangster, Ramón knew some people in the police and actually asked around. As it turned out, the police were not chasing anyone. In fact, the higher-ups were even actively covering it up! If the police had done it, then through their modus operandi they would take all the credit for themselves and not excuse it as some random gang war! If a gang did it, then, without a doubt, they would paint their insignia on the place as a free advertisement! Also, why would they leave a whole 320kg of cocaine? They would absolutely take it! In other words, It must be Eli, and the higher-ups in the police are really covering for him! This is incredible! And if you include the 12 killings, that means that Eli really held a considerable amount of power! Both in the physical sense and connections!

Naturally, Ramón had a small suspicion that it was some sort of elaborate police scheme, but he did not see any point in them going so far just to set up a peaceful mid-sized local gang like the purple skull gang, so he crossed it off.

Eli smiled and sat down, and then started fabricating how he did it, and the non-existent dealings he had with the police higher-ups through his general back in the army. He made sure to add every bit of professional knowledge he could add that made it sound as authentic as possible, and not that he just went in invisible style and killed everyone while their pants were down. He told him how avoided leaving most prints, and how he avoided the security cameras, as well as his killing method.

Honestly speaking, Eli was aware of the hidden cameras in the warehouse, but he didn't hide what he did for 2 reasons. First, he didn't care since he was invisible and left absolutely no leads to himself, and second, it was because he wanted to force the police higher-ups to back off! If an invisible killer was on the loose killing normal civilians and policemen, then they would do everything in their power to stop him. But if the killer just killed criminals? They would back off and watch on the side, and consider it as a natural hazard and cover it up to avoid mass panic! On the contrary! They would even try and secretly recruit him even if he broke the American constitution! Naturally, on paper, they would consider him as playing god and defying the American constitution. But behind the scenes? They would just give a thumbs up. He was purging cancer from society, after all.

After hearing all that, Ramón was clearly impressed, "Whistle~* That is what I call professional work! Even an elite team from a top syndicate would not be able to do that! Reminds me back to the days..." Ramón stared at the ceiling blankly, reminiscing, "I wasn't always a peaceful small-time gangster, like now. I was born to a gangster father and a prostitute and was raised in the Juárez Cartel. Killing, drugs, rape, extortion, human smuggling, racketeering. We were a bonafide force of evil. They trained me from young as a gangster, I learned the ins and outs of being a REAL gangster, not like the riff-raff you see here in the US. We learned close combat training, shooting, human psychology, and how to avoid the authorities effectively. One day, a daughter of one of the leaders took fancy of me, and I was interested in her. The father, a general who knew me since I was a kid, happily let me marry her. 3 years later, the situation in the place got worse since we entered a war with a rivaling cartel. The generals 2 sons died, leaving only his pregnant daughter and me. Scared of losing both of us, he smuggled us to the US and prepared a fake visa. After some twists and turns, I ended up here in the Bronx and joined a local gang. After 10 years, I got sick and tired of the killing, drugs. and kidnappings, and wanted to create a safer environment for my growing kids, and so I created the purple skull gang through my experience back in the cartel, and the name I made for myself over 10 years. And here I am. Last time you told me your story, now we are even."

Eli listened in silence. For him, it was a really good story, and he liked it.

Ramón then asked a completely different question, "I want to ask you something, as a fellow man. If you had a girlfriend or wife, would you be absolutely loyal to her and her alone? Please be honest with me."

Eli was first stunned and then pondered on it seriously. Would he stay loyal to just one woman? Probably not. He would likely sleep around occasionally with other women, but... "I would most likely sleep with other women, I think. But, I would come clean about it before my relationship with that said woman starts and would always consider her as my main girl. A man needs his anchor to reality after all." He did that with his previous girlfriend, but she left him because she couldn't handle him being in the army all the time.

"Hahahaha, you are really honest Eli! Since you are so honest, I will admit it. Before I dated my wife, I also told her the same thing. She agreed, And I got a free pass to sleep around. However, After a few years, I stopped doing that, realizing that I only needed my wife, My anchor, as you call it. Now, I am a happily married man, with a loving wife, and two wonderful kids." Personality-wise, Ramón no longer saw any problem in letting his daughter date this guy. If Eli said yes, Ramón would disdain him as some sort of hypocrite. If Eli said that he does not seek a permanent relationship, then he would respect Eli, but prevent his daughter from dating him. A passing answer would be 'I am not sure, anything could happen in life'. However, if Eli said that, although he would not prohibit his daughter from dating him, he would not try and push anything forward, remaining as a bystander and at most warning Eli if they do start dating each other. But now, he was really considering playing matchmaker!

After speaking with each other for a while longer, Ramón gave the intel on the nearby gangs. He honestly trusted Eli to be able to stay alive and to get scotch free with the backing from the cops' higher-ups. Ramón seemed to remember something, and asked Eli, "Eli, tell me, are you celebrating the new year with someone? If not, then why not come over to my house! let's celebrate it together!" Ramón knew already that Eli was an orphan and lonely man, and it gave him the excuse he needed as a matchmaker for his daughter!

Eli was first stunned by the proposition. Ever since age 6 when he was orphaned, he did not celebrate it appropriately. The orphanage, juvie, high school, he celebrated it, but it was cold... As for when he was in the army, they barely celebrated it at all. Now that he was offered it, he was actually glad to take the invite! "Sure! I would love to come!" Eli said with a bright smile.

And thus, Eli headed back home in high spirits and Ramón was glad that his little scheme worked.

Hey guys, I want you to tell me honestly now. Do you find this chapter too cringy or unnatural? Do tell me in the comment section, I was trying to be as natural as possible here. I've seen far more cringy matchmakings than this though.

Was the chapter too cringy/illogical/unatural for you?
  • Yes, it was too cringy/illogical/unatural for me to bear (possibly redoing the chapter) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was cringy/illogical/unatural on the tolerable amount, I saw far worse then this Votes: 13 35.1%
  • It was okay, barely felt it Votes: 24 64.9%
Total voters: 37 · This poll was closed on Jan 6, 2021 09:48 PM.
68