Rough SCP Proposal
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

SCP Rough Proposal

SCP 7210

Class - Euclid

Containment procedure - The artifact is a precisely 1m x 1m formica lime green tile made by the [——] Corporation as part of their 1950s “home styles” product line. Object may be stored in any standard containment repository so long as it does not come in contact with any objects composed of a composite plastic or asbestos. Objects in home furnishings from the 1950s are explicitly not to be placed within 1000 yards of the artifact. On a weekly to biweekly basis a D-class, born after January 1st, 1960, volunteered for the duty, must approach the enclosure with a non-bleach cleaning product and a non-abrasive natural sponge and scrub the artifact until the white of its surface matches, via color detection programs, the color specifications given by the [——] Corporation upon discovery of the artifact by the Foundation. This is only a mitigation measure. When not properly cleaned in this matter, SCP 7210 will become 400% more active than normal.

Past 1000 yards of the containment vessel, normal use 1950’s style tile must adorn the floors of at least 30% of the containment facility. Normal OSHA regulations are waived by all workers as part of their normal NDA. Normal behavior for the artifact constitutes the following

- Replacement of adjacent tiles with copies of itself in need of cleaning

- The manifestation of similar but unknown tiles from various locations up to 1000 km away from the containment site. Investigations into unexplained reports of sudden home interior alterations has revealed the appearance of duplicate emergences of the artifact. These instances are called SCP 7210-1.

Upon discovery, they must be cleaned in the same manner as the original. The foundation has contracted, through a shell company, an on-call janitorial service with international branches to deal with this. Within two hours of their appearance, so long as all instances are cleaned, SCP 7210-1 will vanish, and the normal tile be restored.

However, emergences of this nature are not confined to replacing existing tile. Any human-inhabited building containing either asbestos or 1950s era plastic products in their construction is vulnerable to a manifestation of this nature. Ultimate containment procedures include replacing all home materials with ones that do not react to SCP 7210. The Foundation will highlight, through media and government associates, the carcinogenic properties of these old materials to expedite their removal and replacement.

No consistent mitigation method exists for manifestations of SCP 7210-1 upon living creatures.

Though increasing rare, humans and animals alive prior to the 1960s which have come into contact with 1950s era floor tiles present an uncontained risk of manifestations of SCP 7210-1. No further causal link has been established. SCP 7210-1 commonly appears on such subjects across their skin with several instances replacing their epidermis or outermost tissues.

While common techniques for cleaning these instances often works the same as nonliving appearances, the subjects are left with chemical burns when their normal appearance is restored. Furthermore, the disappearance of these tiles from the subject does not forestall their reoccurrence. In some cases, the affected tissues are internal and cannot be conventionally cleaned. In these cases, the best option is postmortem sterilization and disposal of the subject through cremation. 

0