Adventurers What are They?
64 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ray was blown from all the weapons. There were various weapons from short swords to halberds, there were even staffs for mages and sorcerers. What was more impressive was the armor, they seemed to be encased in glass for show but Ray could tell it was powerful.

"We already prepared the armor and weapons for you in this table right here, you can choose more than one weapon to take home with you to get used to it but return the ones you aren't going to use"

"Okay"

Ray walks to the table and decides to pick a weapon first, a Long sword.

[Weapon: long sword]

[No further information will be given. Intelligence to low]

'There's that message again, but how do I increase skills anyway?'

[Leveling up can increase intellect]

'The stronger I get the smarter the system gets, Welp I look more into it later'

Ray put the sword down and picked up the two daggers that were together.

[Weapon: daggers]

[Weapon needs passive skill dual wielding to use both daggers]

'I can't use these, maybe Zinnia knows how'

Ray picked up the other weapons he didn't seem to use that much, especially since he needed swords, not mace, staff, or hammers.

"I'll be taking the 2 daggers and the long sword"

"Alright now, here's the armor and try not to damage it before the day you depart with my precious Jome and Frin. You will be leaving in 4 days and they are leaving in the morning don't be late"

[Leather armor received]

"Jome get Charles so he could walk  the boy out"

After leaving the mansion he realized how bright their home was, it was very late night since there was a party for the twins. He finished his work of cleaning the town center where it was held.

Before he left he did tell the Mayor he was going to train to use the swords and would return to doing his job after he gets back and surprisingly Mr. Reg said he was alright with that.

Ray soon got to his home, he Lit up the room but he forgot that there was blood splattered everywhere.

'What happened after I passed out? What could have caused all this blood to be here?'

Ray got his cleaning buckets and started to clean the place with water and a bit of soap he had left.

'I need to buy some more after I finish training with Zinnia'

It took a bit but he finally finished and headed to his makeshift bed of cloth and thatch.

Slowly Ray drifted to sleep

"Ra"

"Hmm"

"Ray!"

"Hmmm"

"Ray wake up come one we are going to do some sword training, come on wake up!"

Zinnia is trying her hardest to wake him up, but Ray is a heavy sleeper so it's going to take much energy to get him out of bed.

"Well, you have given me no choice"

She goes and gets some water and pours it on his face.

"Hello"

Half-awake Ray says that which makes her giggle a bit.

"Come on sleepy head it's time to train. Or did you forget"

It took a few minutes for Ray to get in a somewhat decent state.

"Okay now go get dressed for training and I brought the equipment that we had"

Ray, who isn't fully awake, starts to change in front of Zinnia. She couldn't believe he's changing right now while she's there. She rushed out of the room and is now trying to keep her composure.

A few minutes later Ray comes down.

"Yo, Zinnia when did you get here?"

"Oh I got here just now, I made extra breakfast for us since we are going to train. Why don't you have some now since you don't eat much? You'll need all the energy you can get!"

He looks towards the table and sees 4 plates.

"Why are there four? Wouldn't it be two because you know one and two"

He points to himself and Zinnia.

"Well, I am eating one. You are gonna get the other three. You are going to be working extra hard even after I leave in the afternoon since I do have to go help my parents. Oh, I forgot to ask when do you leave with them?"

"Yesterday night Mr. Reg said that we would be leaving in 4 days so… not including today 3 more days.

A concerned look appeared on Zinnia's face when she heard when he was going to leave.

"This is crazy! How do they expect someone with no fighting experience to learn how to use a sword effectively in less than 4 days? It takes at least half a month or more of training to get good. Even my brother who was talented with the sword took at least around 2 weeks when he was around 16"

Even if this was the case Ray will do anything to get out of where he is now.

"I've been wondering, what's an adventurer?"

Ray starts to eat one of the plates of food.

"Adventurers are basically mercenaries that take dangerous job requests that affect the lives of everyday people and get paid to do them. They do the job that the kingdom or should I say kingdoms should be doing"

Finishing the first plate, "So you're saying the kingdom was too occupied

to help its own people"

"Yes, the rulers of the kingdom didn't want to waste military power protecting its citizens but for war. There were these group of individuals who wanted to protect themselves and others without repercussions from the kingdom"

"And the kingdom let them do it just like that?" Munching on the second plate of food.

"Umm... no if I remember correctly they had to pay a tax to the kingdom if they wanted to cooperate. Then they had created their guild to recruit people to do these jobs and earn money. At first, it was rough since it was new but once it picked up steam the other kingdoms  picked up on this and basically copied this kingdom from how it worked to the ranking system"

"Ranking system? What is that?" stuffing his face with the last bits of the food of the second plate.

This piqued his interest because he has questions about his system. He thought maybe they could have some answers.

"Their ranking system, if I remember what my brother had told me, is a star ranking. It goes from a one-star to a twelve star. It shows how good of an adventurer they are and how hard a job request is. Most people who become adventurers are one star and all the way up to twelve stars. My brother is an eight star"

'This doesn't sound like what the system I have maybe it's not the same thing'

"All this talking has made me hungry. Why don't we star- you ate two plates already!"

"Wait, was I not supposed to?"

"No, I just wanted to get your thoughts on how it tasted."

"It tasted great! Better than the food we had yesterday! I can't believe you are going to do this for the next three day I really appreciate you Zinnia"

"D-don't worry about it what are friends for" Her ears started turning red.

"Well, I'm ready when you are" Ray gets up with a confident look on his face.


My birthday is on the 29th of this month, going to work my butt off, to earn more money and save for some art. Still need a state ID but I can't because I messed up writing my name on my legal documents :(

6