Ch.3 – Call Me Prince Charming
23 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I calmed down, the lady had already leaned back and was quickly typing on her computer.

I tried to continue reading, but the clicking sound of the keyboard keys kept distracting me, yet I didn't dare to look at her again for a long time. Only after what seemed like half an hour had passed, I secretly sneaked a peak to the left, the way a student that sat right in front of the teacher during the test would try to glance at the answer sheet on the teacher's table.

The woman didn't bother with me anymore. She pretty much ignored me. No, to say the truth, she simply forgot about me.

Maybe I was really tired after today's events, or maybe I was just that petty, but being ignored started to be rather annoying.

Well, what can I do? Yes, some might, no, in fact, they do, call me vain. So what? I am in love with myself. In fact, we all should be. Because, after all, the one we will spend the most time with will always be ourselves. Not our parents, children, or spouses. Besides, not loving this marvelous existence called 'me', would be pretty much a waste of this precious face and personality.

It seemed that my uncomfortable movement didn't go unnoticed and the young woman looked at me again.

"What?" she asked.

Heh, just nice. Why can't I just sit still for once?

"Ummm…I'm just…uh..used to females paying more attention to me, haha… I guess?" I could feel that my sentences were getting more and more ridiculous. This person! It definitely had something to do with her! When I get off this plane, I better not see her again.

 

The woman appeared to be quite amused. She quickly closed her laptop and stared at me intently.

 

"So, Prince Charming, what do you want to talk about?"

 

I felt my neck heating up. Obviously, because it's stuffy in here, and not cause she got me embarrassed.

 

It's only because I'm so tired. Yes. If I wasn't so tired, and if she wasn't so beautiful, with her playful eyes, with those green twinkles in them, the atmosphere wouldn't be so... so ambiguous!

Now, what can I do? What should I talk about? Huh. Let's calm down at first. I can't let my feelings be shown. Let's do this as I would normally.

What should we talk about??

Ah, an idea!

 

"Books", I said the first thing that came to my mind. "What do you think of them?"

 

"What should I think of them?" she shrugged her shoulders. "Cool concept, but weird experience in general. To be able to write down a single sentence and then create an imaginary journey in the reader's mind is bizarre, but that's what happens. What about you?"

 

"I.." No matter what I would say my answer would pale in comparison to hers, so I answered simply: "I like them." 

 

"Why?"

 

I carefully put my book inside my suitcase and said what came to mind.

 

"Because they don't betray. They won't scream at you 'Two timer!' when you put one aside and start reading another one. "

 

She smiled. Gosh, as much as I would want to avoid saying that, but her smile was like a slow ripple on the lake surface, adorning her already gorgeous face. That's so overused, and yet I finally understood why those writers were so hooked on comparing the main heroine's smile with a blooming flower.

 

I want to see that again. I wonder if I can get her to smile again somehow. Will I be as amazed as I am now, or will the obscure effect wear off?

 

"Well, I can't disagree with you, Mr. Al. Books are indeed loyal. I also think they can be quite charming since they listen to you. They also don't mind when you want to take a break. Or when you call them a 'friend'."

 

Again, her well-hidden pricks. Ahh, why was it so hard to have a decent conversation with her, without having my heart tremble like a scrawny pedestrian caught in the rain in winter?

2