Assignment
21 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Month of Bloomwake, Twentieth Day, GY 799

 

Just a quick update before I hit the sack. Just got back from the temple. Man, was the procession long! Okay, so there were a lot of people obtaining their official documents like me but still, it took forever!

 

I thought I was early when I arrived first thing in the morning, but there was already a line of young men and women. Of course, these people weren’t all here to be priests and priestesses. Some were applying to become clerics while others are for paladins.

 

Anyways, with the temple so understaffed, it took nearly five hours of waiting in line just to get to my turn. Well, it’s understandable. With the war against the demons going on, I’m guessing the temple had already sent out as many able-bodied members as possible to the frontlines.

 

There might have been a chance that I would be sent to the frontlines as well! Luckily, there wasn’t. Yep, I was sent somewhere safer. Once it reached my turn, I received my uniform and beginner’s staff. Then, the elderly receptionist reached over to a pile of documents and grabbed the top folder.

 

Flipping through the files, the old man marked down the records and handed me the file. I opened up the file and saw…drumroll…Nordbury Town!

 

Although it’s not my hometown, it is close by – about a day’s worth of horseback riding. Like my hometown, Nordbury Town is a small town of about a hundred thousand residents. The town is situated quite close to the capital, so it should be safe. My parents won’t have to worry about me.

 

Anyways, I’ll be leaving with the next merchant caravan in a few days. Parents will be preparing a feast and friends will be coming over to party. It’s gonna get busy. I’ll see you in a few!

3