Nordbury Town
18 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Month of Bloomwake, Twenty-Eighth Day, GY 799

 

Finally here!

 

Yesterday morning, I hitched a ride with a friend who was part of the merchant caravan that’s been traveling from town to town this past year. Luckily, Nordbury Town was a few stops into the planned route and we were able to arrive before the evening today.

 

The town was bustling with activity. People were out and about, setting up decorations and what not like there was a festival going on.

 

Apparently, the town mayor is expecting a new addition to his family. Twins in fact. Bright blessings to them!

 

I bet I’ll be meeting them tomorrow at work. After all, every new child required a blessing of wellness from the temple to protect them and ensure them from death during the first year.

 

So here I am at Talon’s Foot Inn. It’s a nice inn for tourists and those thinking about living long-term. The atmosphere was lively, but not like the one back home. Maybe because there was a lack of adventurers who tended to start fights while washed in alcohol.

 

Of course, that doesn’t mean there weren’t adventurers in the town. They’re just partying in the inn on the other side of town…the Dragon’s Tusk inn, I think. But this inn is fine too. I do like its chef’s special – spicy lamb roast with potatoes and carrots. The lamb was so tender and savory…oh, just thinking about it is making my mouth watering again.

 

Anyways, got me a room with a view of the town center. The view isn’t that bad. Besides that, the room is comfy and clean. The bed sheets are changed twice a week and there’s a public bathing house nearby so I don’t have to worry about bad hygiene. As expected from a town that’s influenced by the capital.

 

Well, it’s getting late. Time for some shut-eye. Good night! Until next time….

3