First Day at Work
15 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Month of Bloomwake, First Day, GY 799

 

Today was my first day working as a priest in the Sadhara Kingdom.

 

The temple was rather small despite the size of the town with one head priest and a handful of paladins and clerics. There were about ten priests and priestesses including me. Unlike a normal-sized temple, we did not have pope or saintess.

 

When I came in to work, the head priest immediately selected me and a priestess as well as a cleric to follow him to the mayor’s house. As predicted, the town mayor’s wife had a successful labor and give birth to two healthy babies – a boy and a girl.

 

The reason we were called were to uphold the tradition of blessing good health to the newborn babies as well as the weak mother. I was tasked to conduct a blessing to the boy while the priestess offered blessings to the girl. The cleric helped reinvigorate and heal the mother while the head priest conducted a mass blessing on the mayor’s household.

 

Afterwards, the town mayor brought the head priest aside to talk. When the talk finished, the head priest walked out carrying a bundle of donations and flashing a bright smile. But no matter how I looked at it, it seemed to be more than just a donation.

 

I wanted to ask what happened but I knew that it was not my place. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe it was really just a donation.

 

Anyways, after we went back to the temple, we got back to work. Though I said work, it was more just simple clerical work and cleaning. Occasionally, there would be an injured or ill person coming in for a checkup or for a healing.

 

And that was it for my first day of work.

 

It’s late now. I’ve got work early tomorrow. Can’t stay up late like I used to now. Good night!

3