Chapter 5: Fish & Dragon Mountain
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is still night. After two days travel with the young lady and the guards, Axel grew more fond of this world. 

People lining up before the city gate, from nobles, merchants, mercenary, and commoners. Axel, one of them can be considered to be a commoners as he didn't have any Qi emitted from his body.

Clearly, some people around him that lined up has their energy burst of out their bodies. It is quite suppressing indeed, but once the guards took glance on them, they wouldn't dare to continue their actions. 

After some times, Axel finally managed to enter the city. The first word crossed in his mind is: beautiful!

The city is huge, several shops and inns lined up in the road. If one walk to the front, they are destined to reach the middle of the city. On the right and left sides, stalls lined up. 

Axel casually reached out to the nearest stall and asked about Ancient Dragon Sect. He then informed that the sect is in a mountain. One need to walk to the center of city then proceed to the right until caught sight of two tall mountains. 

The headquarters of the sect located on the tallest mountain. Axel then preparing himself to the city center with his horse before the stall owner sounded again, "You can't ride in with your horse. The government here prohibit commoners using them on the center road. It is better for you to sell it to the shops or stalls."

"Do you want to buy this horse?" Axel asked.

"Well normally I wouldn't even bat an eye for horse, but since yours is so special and the breed is good. I'll take it for 5 gold, how about it?"

Axel hesitated but agreed on the stall owner price. It is still better than nothing. So with that, they completed the trade and Axel began walking to center of the city. 

After half an hour, Axel cursed in his heart: 'What the f**k? This city is too huge! Half an hour passed yet I haven't reached the center!' 

'Did the government set this rule to trap the commoners and the like to stay in an inns for rest? So they could improve the revenue for the inns and shops around the road?!' Murmured Axel in his heart with sunken face.

Soon, it is already midnight. Surprisingly there is no robbers, or probably they wouldn't even took a glance at commoners like him so after he reached the center and went to the right road before settled in the inns. 

For a ordinary room, it costs 10 silver for a night, so Axel agreed and went to the room. Inside the room, there is not much furniture, only 4 things such as wooden bed, chair, table and a small mirror. 

Lying down on the wooden bed, he recalled about two days ago. At least the grass of wilderness is still better than this flat wooden bed. 

Speaking of which, two days passed by in this world and Axel always remembering Earth and his job. Probably he has been marked as one of missing people and the information has been passed to his company headquarters so one people could replace him to be in charge of Beijing branch. While recalling the events, Axel finally feel asleep.

***

The sun shinned brightly but too sad, the sun didn't even reach the room where Axel settled in. 

When Axel woke up, it was already 11a.m, he then went to wash himself and cost him 1 silver. It is refreshing since two days journey to the borders, they only occasionally took bath in the lake they found. 

By the way, his wallet, smartphone, dagger and stone still with him. He could never part with the stone and dagger since it is the only key to go back on Earth. 

He ordered some normal food that cost him 3 silver. The food is noodles, but it isn't served with rice. It isn't a big problem since the noodles is delicious and satisfied him. He later learned that the food served for nobles is more well-served and the price is high too. 

He then ordered one portion more for the noodles, while asking the server on a low voice: "Can you help me write the ingredients and how to serve the noodles? I'll reward you with 5 silver."

The server excitedly nodded his head. Anyway this noodles isn't their signature dish and this noodles is common serving in the inns. 

Seeing the server nodded, Axel himself assured. If his company fired him, at least he could open noodles business and earn some money. 

After finished everything in the inn, Axel walked out to find the mountains.

Walking for quite a long time, Axel finally reached foot of the mountain. There is two roads in front of him, written on the tallest mountain "Dragon Mountain" and the lowest mountain one "Fish Mountain". 

This place is in high traffic. At a glance, there is always people everywhere. Even in the shops, restaurants, and inns along the road. The foot of mountain is the highest traffic one. Axel then walked to the Dragon Mountain where the Headquarters of the sect resides. 

Along the road of mountain, several people dressing in red robe with a mark on their left, mark of fish and dragon collided. The same mark as the dagger and stone that old man gave him. Axel didn't dare to take it out, if someone find out then he is dead.

Finally reaching the peak of Dragon Mountain, it is still a big place. It is similar to 3.5/10 from the Dragon City. The peak is heavily guarded by experts in Expert True Qi Realm, and several guard on Gods Realm. 

Axel couldn't tell about their cultivation, but he feels much inferior and suppressed by them to the point he don't dare to breath his normal way.

Now that he is in Dragon Mountain and in front of him exists banner 'Ancient Dragon Sect', he is at loss and nervous. What should he say in front of them? 

One sentence wrong, or they misinterpret, his life is on the line.

0