1.00 Coming back home
101 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Its feels good to be back.” Settling down his suitcase on the floor, Jirou took a deep sigh while glancing at his old room that seemed dusty after being left alone for the last 7 months.

Jirou just did his first 6 months on an oil rig in middle of the pacific sea. Though he went there as an engineer, the 6 moths felt more like manual labor as there were small accidents happening everyday on the rig that required his effort.

The job itself was not hard, it was the living conditions and crude oil that regularly spilled that made it harder for him to manage.

So the first thing he did after he got his vacations was to go to his family. He just stayed there for a month before coming back to his old apartment.

As for why he was in a hurry to go back to his apartment and not stay with his family. It was something simple.

“They must be here soon.” Jirou didn’t bother to clean his room at the moment, his eyes were on his phone while he cooked some store bought chicken curry and rice on the side.

He was following the dispatch of his DMMO capsule which was the only thing that could run and connect to the world changing game called Dionvalem, a beast taming and hunting game that not only had 1:1 real to virtual rendition and godly AI but also a time dilation of a 1:4 from real world to virtual world.

The technology was mostly used in training employs in high end corporations or by the government, but with the decrease in production costs, it was widely available to the masses and hence the beast taming game was created, it was the first of its kind and Jirou who was an avid gamer before been sent to the brig desired to play the most.

Due to bad luck though, he is 8 months late into the game. He didn’t bought it during lauch day for multiple reasons, even if he had a month to play before being sent to his job, its only possible if he acquired the DMMO capsule that sadly he couldn’t due to scalping.

But now with the over abundance of the console in market, he bought one just after getting home and set the dispatch time to today.

“Lets search up guides before playing though.” Jiroue knew that enough time has passed for people to for up some strategies and guides for the game, this was one of the advantage for the new players, though they won’t be experience the fun of exploring things on their own or may also not acquire some unique items of skills as its already been scavenged by older players, they would have a lot better progression than their predecessors.

“<Best skill for Lvl1>, <easy to use weapons>, <combinations to create best companion>…. This is going to take a while it seems.” Jirou rechecked the dispatch and seeing it still had some time to reach his apartment, he went back to eating his food and reading some guides.

Dionvalem was not a normal monster taming game, it was not just using your beast to fight, the player themselves need to fight way more often than the monsters and there was a limit to how many monsters one can tame too unless they acquire special skills.

A character can only acquire a beast companion slot at level 5, level 20, level 50 and so on. And each slot is permanent hence once bound you can’t remove a beast from the slot, at least that is what the current amount of players have found out.

And as same as the monster taming, it was true for a players skill slot. A player can acquire a skill by hunting beast and taking their skill cores that they drop, though the drop rate is very low. A single core of is enough for a player to acquire a skill, but only fools jump in to learn the first skill they see.

Though its possible to evolve skills by feeding it with different beast cores, a lower quality skill will take more resources and lack potency when compared to more rarer ones. So most players keep hunting until they acquire a core that suits their desire before using it.

For the last set, there were Beast arts and combat arts, both were things one can learn through the general skill books or NPC tutors. Beast arts focused more on enhancing your best companion and increasing your synergy with them and combat arts were for personal strength.

Though Jirou understood that the beast arts were not useful until he reached at least level 5, so he abandoned the part and focused on the combat arts.

“Archery is the best and more optimal build after acquiring a companion, but where’s the fun in that.” Jirou planned to focus on spear, it was an easy to use weapon and he liked to be up close in combat.

It took him an hour to plan his early game strategy, he even chose what kind of egg he was going to hatch.

And by that time, his DMMO console also arrived at his address.

“Follow me…. The room is still dusty, so sorry for that. I just arrived from work.” Jirou gladly lead the men to his bedroom that was much cleaner as it was closed off completely compared to other rooms of his apartment.

“No worries, we have seen dirtier houses than this.” The man replied with a small smirk, clearly making fun of Jirou for his laziness.

But Jirou just ignored it nor he bothered to explain. He understood how these men have felt dragging a bulky piece of equipment 20 floors up. Even he himself was cranky working 3 days straight after a massive spill on the walkway on the brig.

“Just put it in the corner please.” Jirou pointed next to his bed.

8