Chapter 05 – Post the fight
56 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Note:  I am editing from Chapter 5 to 11 to past tense.

Rio opened his eyes, staring at the ceiling above him. He was lying on a wooden bed while his head was wrapped with a bandage.

He stared out of the window that was on the left to him. It was already morning *Where am I? What am I doing here? How long have I been sleeping? *

A storm of thoughts attacked his dizzy head. The injuries at his head made it impossible for him to focus and nearly give up to sleep again. He closed his eyes falling slowly unconscious, but out of the blue, he remembered everything.

"Helgar!!" He shouted, pushing himself into a sitting position while supporting himself with both hands.

"They took him with them." A voice of a lady emphasized with him. He followed his head to the sound. Dyna was sitting by him. "Commander Ralf took him." she tilted her head down.

The words stumbled in Rios's mouth, his eyes glowing both in anger and also tears.

No, he could not accept that he lost his consciousness in the most critical time. Beside this stranger girl sitting by him was holding her gun at them.

Rio pulled the blanket and threw it to the ground, then stood up quickly only to end up falling one more time on the bed. He winced in pain; he was in a miserable condition, and he couldn't do much.

----

She looks at him, her eyes slightly narrowing "I don’t understand what happened, it seems your friend has some power that blows everything around…" She pauses looking down trying to recall the moment "You were so close to him so when this happened even though we all hit the wall, the force was stronger on you so it caused you to pass out while your head started bleeding. and your friend too, he passed out maybe he overused himself". She says her eyes puzzled shaking her head in an effort not to dwell at that moment.

Rio clenches his fist and hits his forehead, "It was my mistake, I should have anticipated that they will find us". He says loudly not talking to her as he bites his lower lip, as he starts breathing heavily. Dyna instantly realizes that he is falling into the same panic moment he was grabbed into the day before.

"Stop Rio! you did all you could.s" She says in an affirmative loud voice.

Rio rotates his body putting his feet on the floor and ignoring her. "I am going to find him". He tries to stand up as he winces again due to his injured feet and falls on the ground. She looks at him not trying to help him, knowing the stubborn phase he is in. "You don’t even know where he is… immature boy". She says returning to her calm emotionless voice.

"Stop acting as a wise woman, you could have helped!! You were part of this game!" He yells at her, feeling helpless "Helgar will be a guinea pig for them, they will torture him, you don’t understand" Rio crushes in the ground as he gets one leg closer to his body placing his fist on it and letting his forehead lean there as he starts crying. "Forgive me Helgar…" he sobs.

Dyna keeps herself from speaking, her curiosity calming down allowing a moment of silence in the room. This moment lasted for so long, each second breaking the silence of the room with a steady tick sound that came from the clock hanging on the wall. They both keep the same distance as almost an hour passes by.

"They are in Ferro territory. That is the central place for Promesus Saviours and Warriors. Besides...". She pauses for a second "They have the central dungeon there"

Rio eyes glow, looking at her, struggling to accept what she has said.

 

1