Chapter 14 – Heading off to Aurum
47 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the way to Aurum Territory

Rio and Dyna were sitting in one of the train's second class cabins, heading out of Aerman territory. Even when the compartment could easily fit more people, it was not hard for them to find an empty place where they could be alone for a while. 

"So are you sure you can enter Aurum Territory? " Dyna questioned Rio.

"Hmph...sometimes you can be annoying Dyna...yes. I said it to you before, and I will repeat it...I have passed the National exam, so theoretically, I can study at Aurum university." Rio grunted at her while rolling his eyes away.

"I am sorry," She replied softly, "It is just hard for me to believe that someone is capable of going to Aurum, and yet choose to stay in Aerman."

 "Well, then you have finally met one." He smiled faintly, looking over his shoulder out of the window, aiming to hide his smile the best that he could.

Again she could instantly link Helgar to Rio's nonsense. Both of them getting into an awkward silent moment. 

Rio scanned the room, his cheeks getting warmer. He jumped from his place to reach out for his bag that he tossed earlier at the overhead rack shelf. From over there, he fetched a map, the one he got the day before at Dyna's bar.

 "So we are supposed to go to Mylus, Capital of Aurum" He slid his finger through the towns and stopped at Mylus. 

  the distance between Aurum's towns and Aerman's was massive. A journey of hours was what it would take for Dyna and Rio to reach their destination. And for that reason, they had to set off on their trip hours before sunrise.

"Is it your first time to Aurum?" Dyna asked an impression of joy showed on her face. 

"Indeed it is." 

The lights inside the cabin turned off. Meanwhile, the sky outside started to illuminate, signaling a new day before the sunrise. 

 Rio yawned. It was hard to keep awake. His tired eyes were still as attractive as ever with their bright green and dense lashes. His face had those angelic features among a soft white skin that was carefully finished with scattered blond fringes to get him the most beautiful look someone could ever think .of

For Dyna, Rio was like a perfect painting to stare at without getting tired. But she had to be more strict with herself. He did not seem to notice her as much as she did. But why should it hurt? He was now with her, and staring at him felt like a privilege that would not cause harm to anyone.

At such an early time of the day, the air was chilly enough to make Rio feel cold. He looked around for his leather brown jacket. It was lying flat next to him on his seat. He stared at it as if he was staring at a person, placing the tips of his fingers on it, his thoughts driving him somewhere else.

shaking his head, Rio waked himself from his daydream. "You should wear your jacket too. It is cold," He noted, staring at her. Their eyes falling into a momentary lock. 

"will do," She agreed, as she slid the zipper of her packsack, taking out a thick black cotton sweatshirt and wearing it over her shirt. That caused her hair to become slightly messed up and nudged Rio into an innocent smile in return.

  Dyna fixed her while exclaiming, "What?"

 He shook his head, his smile persistent on his face. "Nothing.." 

 Dyna blushed, melting to his smile. The moment quickly ended as she heard a noise from the outside, Her eyebrows furrowing into a serious frown as she made sure that her gun is still fixed correctly to the belt underneath her sweatshirt.

Two men wearing conductors suit entered the cabin. Having Dyna and Rio fully alert. Dyna could spot two savior soldiers standing behind the door. 

"Your ticket and identity cards please," One of the conductors asked in a firm, persistent manner. 

Dyna handed the two tickets and her identity card, feeling of unease coming over her. 

The man scanned the names printed on the cards and her identity thoroughly before nodding and giving them back.

 Turning to Rio, the man cleared his throat, giving him a space to show his card. 

  Rio swept his hand into the pockets of his jackets, looking for his wallet. The conductor could see how nervous he was but decided to stay calm and wait for him. 

"Here it is," Rio breathed, thinking to himself. *It cannot be that they are chasing me. Else, Why would Colonel Ralf has left me behind?*

The man flipped the card backward and again forward, examining the picture and looking back at Rio and making the moment extremely awkward. "I will be back in a moment," The man informed them, leaving the room quickly while Rio's identity card was still with him. 

Few minutes had passed since the man left. Meanwhile, Dyna and Rio stood still, facing the other person standing with them in the room. Such a long undesirable moment with all the ambivalence feelings enveloped with it.

The man returned to the room. "Sir, you need to come with us, please," He explained, his face lacking any expressions for them to acknowledge what was happening.

"What's going on?" Rio appealed, stepping back and studying the situation. It was not wise to maneuver, especially with the two soldiers who pinned themselves very close to the compartment.

"Sir, you need to come with us," The man insisted, stepping closer towards Rio but without placing a hand on him.

"You are taking him nowhere without me," Dyna demanded, pushing Rio behind with her arm.

 "I am sorry, ma'am, but you cannot come with us." The man answered, waiting for her to give in without any threat. 

Dyna refused to part from Rio that early, and giving him up so early would mean that she would repeat her cowardly mistake. "I have orders to keep Rio safe and accompany him. Colonel Adeno tasked me to get him to Aurum. And in case you have not noticed, I am a Promesus Saviour Soldier." She lied about the first part, getting her identity card out again and presenting it to the man.

Rio almost gapped. Why Dyna? The chances of finding Colonel Adeno were so slim, and troubling yourself with authority was not a wise choice.

The man tilted his head down, keeping quiet for few seconds. "Ok, you may come with him. Please pack your things, and follow me."

Something felt off at the whole situation. However, Rio and Dyna did not have much to carry. Not to mention that Dyna urged Rio to leave his weapons behind. He was not a soldier, and she wanted to avoid troubles the best that they could.

Dyna accompanied the conductors down the hall, having Rio at her side and the two soldiers that guarded their cabin earlier walking behind them.

Leaving the train trailer, they all stopped next to a spacious deluxe cabin. Red velvet curtains were hiding the wide window behind. And the same colored plush-covered comfy seats. 

 "There is a small switch there. If you need anything, you can hold it down, and someone will be at your service." The man commented, following his words with a polite smile. 

"What is going on? Can you at least explain to me? " Rio demanded. His anxiety broke into curiosity.

 "You will know soon, sir. For now, you must be tired. Some coffee and breakfast will be at your service soon," The man said, stepping aside for Dyna and Rio to step in.

"Well, I feel like tea," Rio provoked, getting Dyna out off guard as she shrugged her shoulder to what he did.

0